It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smithsonian - The Microscopic Structures of Dried Human Tears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just Wow,

Photographer Rose-Lynn Fisher captures tears of grief, joy, laughter and irritation in extreme detail

In the past here on ATS a few members have shared images from water and ice which were photographed under a microscope, with each one being completely different.

Well, who would have thought tears from our eyes, under various emotions and conditions would give the same results?

These are just mind blowing indeed.

I would like to share my favorite top three.

Tears of grief, photo © Rose-Lynn Fisher, courtesy of the artist and Craig Krull Gallery, Santa Monica, CA

Tears of change, photo © Rose-Lynn Fisher, courtesy of the artist and Craig Krull Gallery, Santa Monica, CA

Tears of ending and beginning, photo © Rose-Lynn Fisher, courtesy of the artist and Craig Krull Gallery, Santa Monica, CA

“I started the project about five years ago, during a period of copious tears, amid lots of change and loss—so I had a surplus of raw material,” Fisher says. After the bee project and one in which she’d looked at a fragment of her own hip bone removed during surgery, she’d come to the realization that “everything we see in our lives is just the tip of the iceberg, visually,” she explains. “So I had this moment where I suddenly thought, ‘I wonder what a tear looks like up close?’”

Please follow The Link for more outstanding images.

Regards

Spiro

edit on 17-5-2014 by Spiro because: fix title

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
"I'm sorry your husband just died but... could I have a sample of some of your tears?"

Cool pictures, though.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro
All she needs now is an Angel tear!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
All she needs now is an Angel tear!

My daughter could give her one, she is a wee angel

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Fascinating!
Reminds me of the microscopic pictures I saw here about snowflakes.
Thanks for sharing.
S&F

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
Fascinating!
Reminds me of the microscopic pictures I saw here about snowflakes.
Thanks for sharing.
S&F

Yes, that is what I was hinting at with regards to other members in the past sharing images from frozen/water et all

It appears water, in whatever form takes a whole different form from each other. It truly is fascinating.

Regards

Spiro

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Tears are a fascinating occurrence really. I guess the quantum Physics boys will include them in their pursuit of a new consciousness after death.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This has already been posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join