It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hint That My Hour Is Up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is so bizarre, but I've been consistently experiencing this every time I meditate. I would say that every time I meditate, when my time is almost up to meditate (after an hour), there's this strange creaking sound by my alarm clock (I also set my alarm to tell me when my time is up). It happens up to about 15 mins. before my time is up (it's sort of difficult to say since my eyes are closed). Yesterday I thought to myself, okay, okay...maybe it's also happening before my time is up, but I'm just not aware of it. So just now, way before my time was up, I paid attention, and there was no sound! I paid attention again, and no sound. And then, like clockwork, at about 15 mins. before my time was up there was a slight sound. And then at about 1 or 2 mins. before the alarm sounded there was a much louder sound.

I don't have a clue what the sound could be from. If I had to speculate...maybe it's my spirit guide reassuring me that my time is almost up? That's the only thing that I can think, especially considering that it makes no logical sense. What do you think? AND... Have you had a similar experience?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
This is so bizarre, but I've been consistently experiencing this every time I meditate. I would say that every time I meditate, when my time is almost up to meditate (after an hour), there's this strange creaking sound by my alarm clock (I also set my alarm to tell me when my time is up). It happens up to about 15 mins. before my time is up (it's sort of difficult to say since my eyes are closed). Yesterday I thought to myself, okay, okay...maybe it's also happening before my time is up, but I'm just not aware of it. So just now, way before my time was up, I paid attention, and there was no sound! I paid attention again, and no sound. And then, like clockwork, at about 15 mins. before my time was up there was a slight sound. And then at about 1 or 2 mins. before the alarm sounded there was a much louder sound.

I don't have a clue what the sound could be from. If I had to speculate...maybe it's my spirit guide reassuring me that my time is almost up? That's the only thing that I can think, especially considering that it makes no logical sense. What do you think? AND... Have you had a similar experience?

Maybe it's subconscious warning? People always refer to a a biological clock, maybe they're onto something considering subconscious.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Maybe, but it is so weird. I'm 90 something percent convinced that it can't be explained through traditional science.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Its a sign you are meditating correctly. Let me run this by you. As you meditate correctly, you come up to the light, dragging a lot of dark baggage with you. Everyone has this attached to their souls and as you become more enlightened you are offending the powers that be in your life, so to speak.

These influences feel the pangs of the light and would almost do anything to stop you from concentrating. It is a good sign. What you are doing is working. They will be driven from you. You may experience more of this, you may actually see them. When they go, you will know it.

Ignore their attempts to distract you. No matter what, don't stop or alter your schedule. Just observing is all thats required. Wait for the purge.

It is close.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You've probably thought of what I am going to say, but first is this an analog or digital clock? I was thinking if it was analog then perhaps when the hand reaches a certain point it makes some type of noise, but you likely would have noticed this before. If it only does it when you meditate, and at no other time, that is relatively strange and would indicate that it is not the clock itself.

Like someone suggested it could be a subconscious thing. Your subconscious mind very well could keep time that you are not aware of. I am perplexed myself, considering that this is not a sufficient explanation. Perhaps it is the beginning of an explanation though. Good luck with that though. Sorry I cannot help.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think we all have an internal clock, I tend to wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes off, or look at the clock just a few minutes a specific time I'm supposed to do something, perhaps your body is off by 15 minutes from your alarm, with practice you might be able to synch your internal and external clocks.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Is this alarm clock mechanical or digital?

If you are using a mechanical clock, it's telling you it needs a service- the alarm gear is sticking and making that noise.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks. I remember when I first started meditating, the feeling used to be intense. But the experience itself has mellowed out. It's a more subtle experience now.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I thank you so much for bringing that up as I forgot to mention it. It actually is a digital clock, so there's really no rational explanation for it. Even though it may be an internal clock thing happening, it's a physical noise outside of my head.

I have schizophrenia, so for me it's easy to tell when I'm hallucinating or not. By the way, my medicine keeps all of my hallucinations under control. There's only a hallucination (that I'm getting less and less) of colored bright lights. But even this hallucination is to me obviously a hallucination. It's sort of a paradoxical reality that someone without schizophrenia may not understand, that you tend to know what is reality and what is not.

I can already see people jumping all over the schizophrenia issue, and saying that it's all in my head. The only thing that my medicine doesn't help with is motivation, and some interpersonal skills.
edit on 14-5-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: worldwatcher

I tend to have that as well, where I wake up at a certain convenient time. But this is something different. This is a physical sound that's a relatively good distance from my body.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

For me the little disturbances grew until I was faced with a literal horned face I could see when my eyes were closed as I meditated. It was looking at me from inches away in an attempt to intimidate me. It wanted me to stop. I didn't. This went on for days. I became aware it was hiding in my body and would surface whenever I began to meditate. I just stared back without engaging it and continued to sit quietly. When it finally left my facial features wrenched, a groan came from my throat… and it was gone.

You may or may not be experiencing the same sort of thing, each of us is different. Just that when you stated you were hearing things during meditation, I went uh huh… been there.

I was told that this might happen as I approach the light it wants to remain hidden and so resisted my attempts to meditate by making noises, moving the bedclothes, touching me.

Don't be surprised and like I said, don't back off. Its not up to you, it will flee when the time comes. Don't be afraid.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

It's digital and less than a year since I bought it. It's not refurbished at all. I bought it at Wal-Mart. Okay, all the Wal-Mart jokes... Lol.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How long were you meditating for when this started happening (example: a month, two months)? My experience is different. It doesn't feel evil at all, it just feels neutral. But if it were to reassure me that my time is almost up, then that would be beneficial because, even though my meditation is very pleasant, I get a little worn down after meditating for an hour (mentally).

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If you need to only meditate an hour, and this time schedule is really important, perhaps your Team of Good Family watching over is letting you realize you're in good hands and helping you train your inner clock for that hour so your life runs smoothly, and its done in this way to show, you're not alone, spirit is real, you really have a team watching over. Many think that but its really only half a belief because they haven't experienced it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I really do think that it's spirit showing me that it's real. Maybe it's spirit telling me that I'm on the right path and doing something that is worthwhile in the long-run.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

It's digital and less than a year since I bought it. It's not refurbished at all. I bought it at Wal-Mart. Okay, all the Wal-Mart jokes... Lol.

Okay, that's an interesting start. In science for a theory to be valid, it must be repeatable. See if it happens with another clock or perhaps you could use the timer on your phone. if it happens with a second device I might believe something is manifesting. It's at that point I'd worry because goodness knows what you are inviting into your life.

I don't want to sound judgemental, but spirit guides are usually wolves in sheep's clothing.
edit on 15-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Is your meter outside in the direction where the sound is coming from? I've heard mine from inside the house at certain times.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

How long were you meditating for when this started happening (example: a month, two months)?

I don't remember, exactly.
My best guess is about six to nine months of steady, three times a day, 20 minute sessions.

My experience is different. It doesn't feel evil at all, it just feels neutral.

You didn't come across that way at first in your OP…

This is so bizarre, but I've been consistently experiencing this every time I meditate.

If thats true and you are concerned about it, consider that it (the noise) happens just before you are done (who or what is impatient) and is an external noise that you don't know the source for (i.e., the clock doesn't make that noise at other times randomly). It happens only during meditation and at or near the end. Even benign it is compelling you to write here about it, isn't it?

It is odd, isn't it?

even though my meditation is very pleasant, I get a little worn down after meditating for an hour (mentally).

Then it isn't "pleasant" overall. Something is holding you back. Something is fighting with you, thats why you are "worn down". Meditaiton should be a little like work in that we concentrate, and are shown past traumas and life lessons in a sort of "class room" guidance of sorts. You the observer and the teacher. Once cleansed of this "not us" stuff, we can float and receive blessings from the light like a flower opens and tracks the sun.

Before that though, we must be purged of a lot of negativity, some in the form of actual spirits that cling on, in or about us. They hide within our being to keep from experiencing the light all around us that we don't see either. It "burns" them and thats why they hide.

When you meditate you come closer to that light and thats the resistance you feel. You feel it resisting you and you confuse that with your feelings. I don't know if I am making that clear enough for you and I apologize for that if you are having trouble understanding it…

It lets you think you are doing the thinking. It motivates us to do its will in place of our own. It makes us feel one way or another, it is the one feeling tired or worn down with your practice.

Power through this period, it may go on for some time, each of us is different and the "baggage" or "yoke" we carry is unique to us, too.

The important thing is to keep meditating regardless, sometimes things will seem to conspire against us or "suggest" to our mind that it will all just be better if we stop. It can in fact become painful to continue. Remember the pain you are feeling is not yours, it is not from you.. Something is resisting your upward journey, all that is required is for you to continue and observe without any other action except your daily life and the meditation. Just observe, don't engage, don't communicate with it or give in to its insistence upon you.

At this point in that struggle you are winning, the evidence it the increased discomfort you feel and the noises you are hearing during sessions. You are on the path it sounds like, keep it up.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yes, Spirit confirming you're the right path, and confirming their presence in your life, in a more tangible way.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Thanks. I'll try to use a different clock and see what happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join