It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Loving it!

This Pope shows us again he is actually in touch with modern society and cultural beliefs (urban legends) of today. If anyone can clean up the mess in the church, it will be this man.

As for alien baptisms, book me in for a front row seat when it happens!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
With the current influx of alien stuff I'm beginning to wonder if there will be some information coming to light sometime soon. I know it may be a hopeful thought, but I don't see why the church would say stuff like this if there were not a reason for it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

Haha, such is the ego of pope, what makes him think aliens would want to be baptized by a retarded belief system. Additionally, it's great marketing, aliens have always been a popular pull, and I hear the number of catholics is decreasing.

edit on 13-5-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think this is a hoot because where exactly is he going to tell these aliens he thinks heaven is, cos you can bet they will have toured around a bit before getting 'in touch' with us.

He seem s the best thing the catholic church has had with the old propaganda and selling his church. He will be able to resurrect the idea of selling seats in heaven to the aliens as well, cos they won't have heard of this little money earner.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, in the book "Xenocide" by Orson Scott Card (he wrote Ender's Game btw) -- the Catholic Bishop of a Human colony baptized sentient humanoid type aliens. Some of the aliens even became priests.

Never underestimate the desire to bring more sheep into the flock...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Loving it!

As for alien baptisms......

Where is Jon Stewart when you need him?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

To be fair any aliens that do come across Pope Francis will probably find his interpretations as to how existence came about just as hilarious as our current notion of how the universe came into being aka da Big Bang Theory!
LoL
edit on 13-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yea, okay, so they're going to travel the length of a solar system, using unimaginable energies, and they're gonna want to worship our God?

If anyone's getting 'baptized' it'll be us.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wait until we tell the aliens about circumcision...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Gad's that's quicker than even I expected.

Looks like Tom Horn and Chris Putnam are more accurate than I thought, as well.

Sigh.

A friendly positive attitude toward the fallen angel critters by the RCC is a horrific sign for a list of reasons.

That's akin to Mother Theresa or Mother Mary signing up to be chief Madame or Pimp for demon Screwtape

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo

Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

Yes, you read correctly -- Pope Francis wouldn't mind baptizing aliens. It blows me away how different the Catholic Church is today than 10-20 years ago. You'd never hear of the Vatican coming out and saying the stuff it does today, back then.

In a homily yesterday dedicated to the concepts of acceptance and inclusion, Francis recalled a Bible story about the conversion of the first pagans to Christianity, according to reports on Vatican Radio. He said Catholicism was a church of “open doors”, and that it was up to Christians to accept the Holy Spirit however “unthinkable” and “unimaginable” it appeared.

Describing how, according to the Bible, Peter was criticised by the Christians of Jerusalem for making contact with a community of “unclean” pagans, Francis said that at the time that too was “unthinkable”. “If, for example, tomorrow an expedition of Martians came to us here and one said ‘I want to be baptised!’, what would happen?”

Clarifying that he really was talking about aliens, the Pope said: “Martians, right? Green, with long noses and big ears, like in children’s drawings.”

What do you think ATS? --
Is this kind of talk from the Pope conditioning people around the world to accept extraterrestrials?

Or could it simply be a tactic to gain followers who are more open-minded?

He didn't say he believed in aliens, he was answering for those who do. And if they do exist and want to be baptized, then ok with me too.

He was really trying to be funny, but you didn't catch on. No hidden agenda in what he was saying, he simply answered the question that has been asked over and over.

And notice he mentioned nothing about Grays, Reptilians, Arcturans or Annunaki...only the green men. Why do people think there is a hidden agenda in everything? No, not this time.

I'm not Catholic and thought it was pretty funny. But priests have probably been asked this a zillion times.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Loving it!

This Pope shows us again he is actually in touch with modern society and cultural beliefs (urban legends) of today. If anyone can clean up the mess in the church, it will be this man.

As for alien baptisms, book me in for a front row seat when it happens!

Yes, exactly.

If people have been asking this for a long time, good that he finally gives his answer, that doesn't mean he actually believes there are aliens, but just to assure people, if there are aliens, then he's good to baptize them, if they ask to be baptized. After all, Catholic is the Universal Faith, correct? That covers the universe, so then Martians are welcome, if they exist.

I'm not Catholic, but it's a good enough answer for me.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Even a born again atheist has to admit this guy is a leader. God might hate him for all anyone knows.

but he's a leader all right.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If aliens are really demons, as some have suggested...

...then they should feel right at home in Catholicism.

I think there's a lot more here lying just underneath the surface, other than being a slick marketing campaign or arrogant pontificating.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Watch the Pope baptize a visiting martian. They'll mistake it as waterboarding, then declare war and the whole human race will be extinct.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You touch upon an interesting idea. In fact -- I believe that the ONLY reason flesh and blood aliens might travel hundreds of light years to visit earth would be for our cultural touchstones (original writing, music, movies) our women, and to convert us to their religion.

Anything else can already be found close to home, wherever that is.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What is really going on is that this pope is what the Bible calls a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is introducing new false doctrines (what else does the Vatican do?) to lead the masses astray. So, yes in a sense he is preparing the world, but for the lie that demons masquerading as aliens are our friends and to embrace a false ideology that will lead straight to the one world religion. You can call me crazy or ignorant but when was the last time the secular crowd was so enamored with a pope? The true Gospel of Christ is always a an offense to the world. So when you see someone that so blatantly contradicts the teachings of the Bible loved by the world, you better believe it is because he is not representing Christ nor the scriptures.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

What do you think ATS? --
Is this kind of talk from the Pope conditioning people around the world to accept extraterrestrials?
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes. The Vatican seems to me more and more extraterrestrial themed in their rhetoric these days. They've recently attended even hosted a couple of conferences concerning alien life. I think something is in the works.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've been watching the church's position on UFOs/aliens for sometime.They had a very guarded acceptance that life may exist else where a few years ago.Now they're so sure of alien intentions that they'd offer baptism?What's changed I wonder?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ah religious folk..... Equal opportunity brain -washer's.

What about Gay aliens ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join