It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBCs Ed Schultz: Gays 'Really The Ones Persecuted' In Nazi Holocaust'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yes, Ed Schultz emphasized the word 'really' .... the people 'really' persecuted in the Nazi Holocaust weren't the six million Jews who were slaughtered ... it wasn't the hundreds of thousands of Catholics ... it wasn't the 200,000 handicapped .. the REAL ones persecuted were the (estimated) 10,000 homosexuals.

Yes, homosexuals were persecuted. But they weren't 'REALLY THE ONES' persecuted. There were many groups. And the Jews, by far, took the hardest hit. That's just the truth of the matter.

Screen Shot and info

His tweet? “Gay people were really the ones being persecuted in Hitler’s Germany. #edshow.” Accompanying the tweet was a graphic from his network that stated “Between 5,000 and 15,000 gay men were interned in concentration camps in NAZI Germany. These prisoners were marked by pink triangle badges and, according to many survivor accounts, were among the most abused groups in the camps.”

As estimates are that about 6 million Jews were killed in Hitler’s “Final Solution,” gays were murdered at a rate of about one one-thousandth of Jews. Schultz quickly deleted the e-mail.

MSNBCs Ed Schultz: Gays 'Really The Ones Persecuted' In Nazi Holocaust'

"Gay people were really the ones being persecuted in Hitler's Germany," Schultz blurted out on his EdShow Twitter feed at 4:50 PM on May 12.
Schultz accompanied his Tweet with an image of a webpage that reported on the thousands of gays that the Nazis reportedly put to death or otherwise interned in their odious death camps. Schultz deleted the tweet only minutes later ... Fifty minutes later, Schultz's account tweeted what appears to be the incitement for his novel Holocaust theory—that Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert compared the linguistic tactics of militant gay activists to those of the Nazis.

So this is the latest wisdom from MSNBC and Ed Schultz. What say you ATS? Do you agree or disagree with this MSNBC media personality and his statement that the ones REALLY persecuted by the Nazis were the homosexuals?

My opinion .... trying to play 'can you top this' with the Holocaust ... and getting your information screwed up in the process ... is
Why couldn't he just have said that the Nazis persecuted homosexuals? He went too far ... as usual ... and he became a joke (again).

Side note ... remember this Schultz-ism? An oldie but a goodie that'll make you chuckle and shake your head ... "If I lived in Massachusetts, I'd try to vote ten times ... Yeah that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. Because that's exactly what they are." The guy is a tool. But then again ... it's MSNBC ... so what else would we expect, right?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
And they were able to round them up easily because of the gay stamp on their passports? Or maybe anyone with a fabulous. Fashion sense?
Ed Shultz is a blithering idiot.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Yes, Ed Schultz emphasized the word 'really'

Where? I don't see any emphasis on the word. That aside, Ed Schultz is REALLY a left-wing whack job. LOL

His tweet? “Gay people were really the ones being persecuted in Hitler’s Germany. #edshow.”

Where's the "emphasis"?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Where? I don't see any emphasis on the word.

His use in the sentence. His syntax. He said 'Gay people were really the ones being persecuted' ... the word 'really' is the emphasis word .. it's an intensifier. 'Really' can be an adjective or an adverb. (depending on which English class you took ... and which decade that English class was in)

If he had said 'homosexuals were persecuted in Nazi Germany' ... then he'd be 100% correct and spot on ... and his tweet would be educational and accurate. But when he added the 'really the ones' ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
And they were able to round them up easily because of the gay stamp on their passports? Or maybe anyone with a fabulous. Fashion sense?
Ed Shultz is a blithering idiot.

Millions of people died for the 15,000 gay people? pffft.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think he was referring to how they were persecuted. He obviously doesn't believe they outnumbered the other groups that were singled out for persecution.

Poor choice of words and phrasing. Even if he had swapped the words around a bit, it would have been more apparent. For example, instead of "Gay people were really the ones being persecuted", he could have said "Gay people were the ones who were really persecuted".

I think he meant "really" as in "very much" instead of the "more true" use. Again, dumb choice of words.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I see what you're saying. I thought you meant he emphasized the word... which is what you said... I get it now, though.

Cuervo, that makes sense. I bet you're right. But he's still way out there. Farther out than Rev. Sharpton.
edit on 5/13/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Anyone with a functioning brain should realize that gay people are simply fellow human beings, but it's trendy now to fall all over one's self in an effort to announce you "accept" gay people.

My progressive liberal sister and some of her friends look upon gay people as some type of divine beings. I'm not joking.
This trendy worship of gayness in an effort to be politically correct is just silly.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I guess the correct term would be that he used the word as an 'intensifier'.
'Really' can be an adverb or an adjective .... depending. It's an intensifier in this context.

At any rate, he must have known he overstepped ... he took it down within two minutes.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
germany was 56 percent protestant in 1939
ask an evengelical protestant today what does god hate and they will tell you:
catholics jews gays gypsies etc....well easy on the gypsies....muslims is the new gypsies

seems hitler couldn't have built every gas chamber (some were built after the war) and turned every valve and pulled every trigger and ...

so really ww2 was a christan thing

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
My progressive liberal sister and some of her friends look upon gay people as some type of divine beings. I'm not joking.
This trendy worship of gayness in an effort to be politically correct is just silly.

Most likely, your sister is just an advocate. Yes, gay people SHOULD just be our fellow Americans, but until they are actually treated that way, there are going to be advocates for them.

I'm an advocate of gay people. And what you see as "political correctness" is actually a strong attachment to the principles of the founding documents of this country.

It was the same in the 50s and 60s with black people. Many white people advocated for them because they're a minority and they needed the help to get equal treatment. I say good for your sister.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's a link to the color-coded badge system.

It was really quite elaborate and based on colored triangles. Gays wore a pink triangle with the other sexual prisoners. It's a little disturbing to see gays running around with the pink triangle today for that reason.

The pink triangle was originally a Nazi symbol — and it was only worn by gay men, not lesbians. Amy Elman questions whether the pink triangle can be ‘reclaimed’ as a symbol of gay pride. As well as obscuring the different histories of lesbians and gay men under the Nazi regime, the rehabilitation of the triangle risks glossing over the horror of the Holocaust.

Not only that, but in its own way, why would you want to run around with a symbol that should be as abhorrent to you as the swastika is to almost everyone? It would be like Jews running around wearing the double yellow triangle imposed on each other to form the Star of David which is the patch everyone really thinks of in connection to the Holocaust marking system.

The Jews were the largest category of prisoner in the camps because the yellow triangle had the entire color patch of triangles, including the purple one for Jehovah's Witnesses, imposed on top of them again to further subdivide Jewish prisoners all over again into smaller categories. They didn't do that with any of the other prisoner groups except to note who was a repeat offender or an inmate of a penal battalion.

Oh, and lesbians wore black triangles along with Roma, pacifists, prostitutes, the mentally ill, alcoholics, etc.

I think it's a bit wrong-headed for Schultz to try to single any one group who was sent to the camp as a group that suffered more than any other group. What went on there was horrific, no matter which color of patch you wore, and you were pretty much doomed from the moment you walked through those gates.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps repurposing it for good?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Gays are oft forgotten in the holocaust story, but making that claim disrespects the other souls who perished.

ANYONE who went to the camps was persecuted in an horrific and inhumane manner. Many gay people would have been able to avoid the camps by simply hiding their sexuality if they were lucky enough to not be dobbed in by the locals. A luxury the Jews did not have.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Here's a link to the color-coded badge system.

It was really quite elaborate and based on colored triangles. Gays wore a pink triangle with the other sexual prisoners. It's a little disturbing to see gays running around with the pink triangle today for that reason.

The pink triangle was originally a Nazi symbol — and it was only worn by gay men, not lesbians. Amy Elman questions whether the pink triangle can be ‘reclaimed’ as a symbol of gay pride. As well as obscuring the different histories of lesbians and gay men under the Nazi regime, the rehabilitation of the triangle risks glossing over the horror of the Holocaust.

I think that by claiming the pink triangle, we in the gay community have taken a symbol of hatred and removed it's power over us. We're not glossing over anything. It's no different to the symbol of the poppy that is used to remember the ANZAC soldiers who died at Galipoli here in Australia and New Zealand
edit on 13-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
pink triangle? from what i recall back then pink was still considered masculine and had no association with gays in particular as it does today.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

No, it's disturbing. It's like black people running around using the "n" word and claiming they are taking power over it.

How would you react to a group running around using the swastika and making that claim? "We're repurposing it for good" or "We're taking power over it?"

The only reason you think it flies is because most people are ignorant of what it really signifies. Jews couldn't get away with something similar because people know what the symbol means.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No, it's disturbing. It's like black people running around using the "n" word and claiming they are taking power over it.

How would you react to a group running around using the swastika and making that claim? "We're repurposing it for good" or "We're taking power over it?"

The only reason you think it flies is because most people are ignorant of what it really signifies. Jews couldn't get away with something similar because people know what the symbol means.

Actually, the Jews do. The jewish symbol, the most common to be found in any camp by far was a double yellow triangle that resembled a yellow star of david.

Double triangles Double-triangle badges resembled two superimposed triangles forming a Star of David, a Jewish symbol. Two superimposed yellow triangles, the "Yellow badge"—a Jew

From your source on the Nazi badge system

That same star of David is on the Israel flag of today. Yellow star of davids are common too.

And as for black people using the "n" word. Where have you been brother? I have heard them use it loads of times among themselves in reference to one another in slang. i.e . 'Yo, what's up n......'

The difference is a white person would not DARE use it because of it's racist connotations but when a black person uses it they have owned it and taken away it's power.

edit on 13-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

While yes homosexuals were rounded up & put into concentration camps, they weren't the only ones. You could make the same statement about gypsies. Gypsies were also rounded up during the Holocaust.

CBC radio did a piece about homosexuals during the Holocaust being rounded up & their experiences.

The pink triangle, the symbol for homosexuality, was first used during the Holocaust to be able to identify those who were discovered to be homosexual.

dashen

And they were able to round them up easily because of the gay stamp of their passports? or maybe anyone with a fabulous fashion sense?

Homosexuals were identified by the gay clubs they went to (yes they had clubs back then too) but it was predominately left up to citizens to rat out their homosexual neighbors.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Black people call each other 'n-word', it doesn't mean the same thing if a black person calls another black person 'n-word' vs. a white person calling a black people 'n-word'.

The Swastika wasn't first used by the Nazis. The Swastika has been around for a very long time. Swastika, wikipedia

The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization as well as the Mediterranean Classical Antiquity and paleolithic Europe. Swastikas have been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world including Turkic, India, Iran, Armenia, Nepal, China, Japan, Korea and Europe. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol that invokes Lakshmi - the Vedic goddess of wealth, prosperity and auspiciousness. The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" (meaning "good" or "auspicious") combined with "asti" (meaning "being")[citation needed], along with the diminutive suffix "ka." The swastika literally means "well-being." It is a common practice for Hindus to draw Swastika symbols on the doors and entrances to their houses during festivals, which is believed to symbolize an invitation to goddess Lakshmi.[1] The name "sauwastika" is sometimes given to the left-facing arms symbol, which is a mirror image of swastika (卍)

I've seen many Jews who wear the Star of David.

I think it is good to take a symbol that used to have such negative meaning and turn it into something positive. After all, we are the ones who get uptight about political correctness & allow words to have such negative meanings when they are just words.

new topics

top topics

join