It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Zaps Trigger Lucid Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So, I didn't found this one yet around here (I did the mandatory search), it does sound promising.
German and American researchers developed a shortcut to induce lucid dreaming, by stimulating gamma activity in the brain.

In the study, the researchers placed electrodes on the scalps of 27 participants, who were not lucid dreamers, to stimulate the frontal cortex, and recreate the gamma wave activity that has been seen in lucid dreamers.

The results showed that when the inexperienced dreamers were zapped with a current of 40 Hertz, 77 percent of the time these participants reported having what were described as lucid dreams.

Scientists have previously proposed that gamma waves are related to widespread synchronization of brain activity and an important aspect of consciousness. The new findings add to the evidence that gamma activity is related to consciousness, and make it more likely that such activity is actually causing consciousness, Voss said.

Source

For those who have access, here's the full study in Nature Neuroscience.

I know anyone can learn to lucid dream by himself, or try using binaural beats, but I imagine a lucid dream stimulator being an interesting gadget.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ok nevermind, just saw the other thread popping up.
Feel free to remove.

edit on 12/5/14 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Movhisattva

Thanks anyways! I'm glad we have so many diligent members bringing the news to lazy old me

new topics

join