It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel Heads Deep Into Siberia In Search Of Russian Yeti On Sunday, June 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You know that story (true mystery) of the 9 students that were all killed (or died in a horrible way in 1959 ) that seemed to run out in the freezing snow..leaving the safety of there tent ...etc...

American explorer Mike Libecki Investigates Mysterious Deaths of Nine Students and Uncovers Something Truly Horrifying.
(Los Angeles, Calif.) – On February 2, 1959, nine college students hiked up the icy slopes of the Ural Mountains in the heart of Russia but never made it out alive. Investigators have never been able to give a definitive answer behind who – or what – caused the bizarre crime scene. Fifty-five years later, American explorer Mike Libecki reinvestigates the mystery – known as The Dyatlov Pass incident – but what he uncovers is truly horrifying.

RUSSIAN YETI: THE KILLER LIVES, a 2-hour special airing Sunday, June 1 at 9 PM ET/PT on the Discovery Channel, follows Mike as he traces the clues and gathers compelling evidence that suggests the students’ deaths could be the work of a creature thought only to exist in folklore.

Based on diary accounts, forensic evidence and files that have just recently been released, Mike pieces together the graphic stories in search of what really happened that evening. According to the investigators at the time, the demise of the group was due to a “compelling natural force.” The students’ slashed tent was discovered first with most of their clothing and equipment still inside. Next, the students’ bodies were found scattered across the campsite in three distinct groups, some partially naked and with strange injuries including crushed ribs, a fractured skull, and one hiker mutilated with her eyes gouged out and tongue removed

Should be very interesting. Thought I'd give all a heads up on this show that's upcoming ...go here for more of the story ... www.cryptozoonews.com...
edit on 12-5-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
"Among the many photographs left behind by the Dyatlov Pass party is a haunting image: a dark figure at the edge of the forest. Could it have been a Yeti? The Discovery documentary will explore several mysterious questions, including that one.: quote from above link ..

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RUFFREADY
"Among the many photographs left behind by the Dyatlov Pass party is a haunting image: a dark figure at the edge of the forest. Could it have been a Yeti? The Discovery documentary will explore several mysterious questions, including that one.: quote from above link ..

I never saw that photo before.
Was it in any of the Dyatlov Pass threads? If so, I missed it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its a good thing that image is so blurry.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I never saw it either (before) ..

Determined to find answers, Mike hires Russian translator Maria Klenokova to join him. Together, they set out to one of the most remote and inhospitable places on Earth. However, nothing prepared them for what they were about to discover. Following the trail of evidence, Mike finds proof that the hikers were not alone – a photograph, taken by one of the hikers a day before they died that suggests that they encountered a Yeti. But just how far will they go to find the answers?
just here in link >>> www.cryptozoonews.com...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY
It will be interesting to see where and how that photo was acquired. You would think that it would have surfaced before this, with all the investigation that has been done on the incident.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ditto !! It sure is one creepy photo though!! I was glad I could post it here ..so I wasn't left alone to creep out!! LOL!!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is this another one of their infamous mockumentaries, or does this one have some actual meat to it this time?

Sorry to be a downer, but with their track record anymore...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That was my fourth cousin four times removed that did that. He was a little crabby. All of us with big feet aren't like that. That is unless you get us pissed off.

I just sent in a saliva sample for genetic testing, I know they are going to flunk me. They are going to say I am related to a saint....Saint Bernard. I will have to petition the state to allow me to carry a small barrel of booze around my neck after I get the results back. That should make me popular at some social functions.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Is that image of the figure real? I've always read that only one image was found on the hikers camera, and it was this:

Also, i never suspected the Yeti in this case, i was always under the assumption that this was linked to something other-worldly, due to the radiation found on the victims.

I hope this is an actual documentary and not another mockumentary type like Megladon and Mermaids. A lot of any real footage or images for these kinds of cases tends to get lost amongst the fake stuff that Discovery creates and tends to do more harm for Cryptozoology than good.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

I hope this is an actual documentary and not another mockumentary type like Megladon and Mermaids.

OMG.
We will be seeing thread after thread about it, touting how Bigfoot is real, if that is the case.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You can see that by the pant line the color changes, wonder where the yeti shops for clothes. I suppose even yetis like clothes.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Now that is a very good question...

For a channel that's supposed to be about "discovery", they do a lot of not so much discovery as dis-discovery...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One of my favorite comedians, Mitch Hedberg, said:

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside."

I wish that a real, long-term expedition could get funding to end this debate once and for all. It would be great to see HBO, or Netflix, or any one of the players that want a dog in the fight to replace traditional TV making some serious long term documentaries. Imagine if they would get serious about funding a 2-3 year expedition with the right equipment, rotating top researchers, trackers, and good journalists to document the expedition.

I think a well organized and funded study of this duration would prove or disprove the existence of a bigfoot/yeti once and for all.

Since the science world can't seem to put together something like this, maybe new hungry media players should figure it out.
edit on 12-5-2014 by Arktos1 because: corrected word

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Don't forget!

Here's a sneak peak!!

www.discovery.com...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder, I just wrote myself a note to remember to watch it on Sunday night.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RUFFREADY

I have never seen that image when discussing Dyatlov Pass and this is surprising as it would clearly be a a hot subtopic for Dyatlov Pass.

My best guess would be that image is not related at all to the incident and most likely had been taken elsewhere or much earlier than then when the incident occurred or not even by the Dyatlov members themselves .

However , following the cashCumentary steps into making money they are not missing a beat:
1. Throw lots of "What if" scenerios.
2. Vague hints of topics and evidence.

In addition following the link it states the following:
"While the above picture may only be that of a young skier at the edge of a Russian forest, in the context of the Russian Yeti, it may take on a life of its own linking it to the long history of Almas, Almasty, Kaptars, Yetis, and Snowmen in Eurasia."

My guess would be that pic was taken by another party at a different time frame all together and they will try to somehow tie it to the incident as prove that the yeti had been spotted around the area.

Or they already know its not a yeti but a pic of a skier. However they have nothing substantial to offer in the documentary after spending their money so they need to hype their finding to recoup their investment.

Never put to much weight behind any documentary that does not disclose all its findings before the release date of the documentary? If they had proof of a yeti , the actual answer to what happened, or new updated evidence they would be extremely dumb to not disclose it on the 6 o'clock news in order to grabs everyone attention. I say it will be of only entrainment value which is fine but not of any scientific value.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Agreed.
I am not holding out a lot of hope for new info, or even correct info.
But I will watch, just to see.
Hoping it is not a "Mermaids" type of thing.

edit on b000000312014-05-29T10:41:33-05:0010America/ChicagoThu, 29 May 2014 10:41:33 -05001000000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: interupt42
Agreed.
I am not holding out a lot of hope for new info, or even correct info.
But I will watch, just to see.
Hoping it is not a "Mermaids" type of thing.

Hahahaha!! Yep!! we all are hoping it ain't like t

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sorry guys looks like a freakin Mermaids doc judging by the preview. All dramatic "move like" camera shots

top topics

<<   2 >>

join