It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Know What I Don't Know

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I don't watch TV but I may make an exception if you present the weather

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

I don't watch TV but I may make an exception if you present the weather

ahh...hahahaha...
And I thought you didn't like me!

Wait...maybe you would watch so you could hurl insults at the screen?
See? I just don't know.
jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I don't know you really so how could I dislike you.
I have noticed you have a unique writing style for story telling, and if you have lots of time on hands you could write a novel.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Wow...thank you! I really appreciate that coming from you.
I actually have one in the works, and I'm entering it into a contest for new movie ideas.
I'm a big sci-fi fan, and I think they need some fresh imagination and new ideas.
There are a LOT of great writers on this site...it's one of the reasons I keep coming back.

jacygirl

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I agree with your views on the sci-fi. What is there that can be done new?

Im thinking mabey a time travel story, person travels into distant future and finds ordinary people, but soon finds out they are androids who have long ago replaced the human raced who died out. Something trippy. Of course it has the love story android falls in love with human, he becomes an enemy of the state which breaks the androids into two sides who then have a war which wipes out most the planets androids, except for a human/android hybrid he conceived which will one day rise and be the ruler/jesus of the planet.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Awesome! See? There are an infinite number of stories to be told!

I've read a couple of threads here recently, and immediately come up with possible scenarios, conspiracies, etc.

I see the big production movies that keep coming out, and they re-hash the same storylines over and over.
(I hate to say it, but...really...another Godzilla?)

I want something really different and new! Maybe we should get writing, huh?

jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

No secret movie studios are big on remakes/rehashes to ensure they make a return on profit.

The movie industry has died now the gaming industry now leads the entertainment market. Because of that I cant ever see a return of the innovative age of story movie adaptation, which drew its last breaths at end of 20th century.

If they need to do a remake of Godzilla again then make it Godzilla versus Gamar (the flying turtle).

I would write but its the motivation factor that makes me fail.
edit on 8-5-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

lol...I hear ya!

There is a thread here somewhere, entitled "It's Not Just a Godzilla Movie".
My conspiracy-minded head immediately went full tilt.
Without reading the thread, (which I did later)...I thought..."Ohhhh....there's a conspiracy inside this movie! Maybe Godzilla is supposed to represent Fukushima...and how it's destroying Japan slowly...".
You know, symbolism or something.

But no, it's just a discussion of the new Godzilla movie, hehe.

jacygirl

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

That's the very reason why I laugh at many conspiracy ideas because anything can be interpreted in an alternative way if there is a natural desire inclination toward it. Saying that however I do believe in the face on Mars conspiracy, and Ufo cover ups.

My beliefs aside there is the issue of what is the best way to spend our time on earth, should we be chasing conspiracies trying to prove them as fact, or just roll over and concede we are all having our own fantasy. What is a story essentially? A myth, a fictional fantasy, or a fictional conspiracy...an attempt at convincing an audience it represents the possibility of being the truth.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yes! I love it!
I am definitely a conspiracy theory enthusiast!
I am fascinated by the ideas that people put forth here, even if I don't embrace their theories as truth.

A Baptist minister (personal friend and neighbour) that I once knew, was a very open-minded person. He once said, "God cannot be proven. You either choose to believe...or choose to disbelieve."
I have always remembered this.

I am not sure what I believe. I know what I would LIKE to believe, but that's not necessarily real.
It comes back to "I don't know."
Full circle.
jacygirl
P.S. Enjoying our chat.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Realities up for grabs, grab what parts of it you like and go with that. If mortality is unavoidable then what other philosophy would a sane person want to follow?

I enjoyed our chat also we connected.

Its late here now and im turning in. Heres a song I think is good for easing the mind.

Night

edit on 8-5-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Thanks friend, listening to it now.
Have a good rest.
jacygirl

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We can spend our entire life not knowing about some things or being confused about them and that's ok. Makes life interesting. You are an amazing woman and I don't care how much you know or don't know. Hugs!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Aww, Night Star! Welcome to my existential crisis, lol.

One thing I DO know, is that I love and respect you, and would definitely pick you to be my sister! *hugs* (which is why I have 'adopted' you, lol)

My brain is so full of trying to figure out the bigger picture these days. Kinda wish sometimes I could go back to just worrying about whether my shoes and purse match, haha.
I'm starting to like hanging out with the elderly...just think how much they've learned in 80-odd years!
Thanks for stopping by!

jacy

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ma'am? If I may. . .

No-one knows everything.

My favourite quote;

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

Not knowing does not equal ignorance. It simply means either you haven't learned it yet, or you have no need to learn it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sheesha! Why didn't you put this in the philosophy thread, lol, just kidding..

This is a topic I have chased for going on a couple of decades now...

Automatic response from family & their friends has been, "oh, you are a professional student, are you?"

Well, close to 10 years & 3 advancing degrees later, I believe it is safe to say that I really DON'T KNOW much outside my fields' specialties, although I still publish, present, & coach/teach others what I have learned...& then despite all of that, after applying great amounts of technical math, science, & accepted facts, I still QUESTION them!

I have a framed placard on my desk, given to me by one of my dissertation professors that states: "Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing"...

Well, my profession is devoted to uncovering the truth, & while rewarding on so many levels, & perhaps once in a while uncovering a little truth here & there...I think that my spiritual truth is, by far, a greater way of KNOWING what is truly important in life...love, light, peace, & the truth that lives within...

I think you are well along your path Jacygirl!

On a lighter note, I speak better thru music so here's my oldie selection for you; hopefully you will enjoy & relate

edit on 8-5-2014 by BurningSpearess because: Wrong word...Sheesha

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ma'am? Geez, I feel like I should be searching for my spectacles, lol.
Thanks beezzer, I feel better knowing that.

Problem is...I don't want to know everything...I want to know the truth.
How we really got here....what is really going on....are we immortal souls....you know, just the basics!

Thanks for participating!

jacy/ma'am

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BurningSpearess

Hi BurningSpearess!
Thank you for the song...it's still as great now as it was then!

I didn't put this in "Philosophy" because I wasn't really expecting a serious discussion, lol.
I always write my thoughts down, but rarely start threads...was feeling "in the mood" to put this into words, and I'm pleased with the responses.

I certainly don't have your credentials, and feel quite honoured to be recognized as a 'kindred soul'...so thank you! I can honestly say that I'm quite 'conscious' at this point in my life, and my 'awareness' has a hunger to it that feels insatiable at times. Without sounding creepy, this site feeds my soul. (My 'real life' people just aren't challenging enough).

Thank you so much for your reply!
jacygirl

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I certainly don't have your credentials, and feel quite honoured to be recognized as a 'kindred soul'...so thank you! I can honestly say that I'm quite 'conscious' at this point in my life, and my 'awareness' has a hunger to it that feels insatiable at times. Without sounding creepy, this site feeds my soul. (My 'real life' people just aren't challenging enough).

Oh, dear...

I was trying to make fun of the technical sources/training too much as a route to knowledge...as all of that # eventually led to a demise in my health, I think...I love the site, as well, but I'm (via written word casually) inarticulate, or too long-winded in many cases, dang it!

Some of my RL peeps are treasures; others are not...

Peace, jgirl, & please keep us updated on your quest for truth...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BurningSpearess

Oh, dear...

I was trying to make fun of the technical sources/training too much as a route to knowledge...as all of that # eventually led to a demise in my health, I think...I love the site, as well, but I'm (via written word casually) inarticulate, or too long-winded in many cases, dang it!

Some of my RL peeps are treasures; others are not...

Peace, jgirl, & please keep us updated on your quest for truth...

Whoa! Why the 'sad' face? I meant everything in the best possible way!
You are NOT inarticulate or long-winded! (sheesh...that's something I would say, lol)

I only meant that I don't have your extensive educational background. I would love to attend university as a 'mature' student. (or an older immature student!) It would have been wasted on me when I was younger, I just wanted to grow up fast...work, have a family, etc.
I've done that now. I actually love to write, and am working on a novel and also possible movie idea (lol...there is a contest that I am entering).
Please don't feel bad at ALL!! (just an apparent misunderstanding...?)

jacygirl

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join