It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King Busted!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You are probably not aware of this but recently a German journalist for a nationwide TV program went “undercover” with audio and video coverage of two Burger King restaurants and revealed to Germany not only the unsanitary conditions but the working conditions of its employees. To say the least it was shocking. Due to this being aired Burger Kings around Germany are being somewhat boycotted and its parking lots are empty. The two stores have been closed and its main franchise owner (owns 91 franchises) is under investigation by the German government. I would recommend you find this 60 minute clip that was aired and review it. It can be found at the RTL website in Germany. Those millions of Euros missing each day at Burger King can be seen as I drive by a couple everyday….. all due to one upset shift leader willing to work with a TV investigative reporter. After seeing what happened to Burger King in Germany I would think all fast food operations in Germany have a reason to worry.

Burger King HQ in the United States alleged they had no idea what was going on and they are now scrambling to franchise off all its stores in Germany. I can tell you this......In the future I will no longer eat at any Burger King.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
You are probably not aware of this but recently a German journalist for a nationwide TV program went “undercover” with audio and video coverage of two Burger King restaurants and revealed to Germany not only the unsanitary conditions but the working conditions of its employees. To say the least it was shocking. Due to this being aired Burger Kings around Germany are being somewhat boycotted and its parking lots are empty. The two stores have been closed and its main franchise owner (owns 91 franchises) is under investigation by the German government. I would recommend you find this 60 minute clip that was aired and review it. It can be found at the RTL website in Germany. Those millions of Euros missing each day at Burger King can be seen as I drive by a couple everyday….. all due to one upset shift leader willing to work with a TV investigative reporter. After seeing what happened to Burger King in Germany I would think all fast food operations in Germany have a reason to worry.

Burger King HQ in the United States alleged they had no idea what was going on and they are now scrambling to franchise off all its stores in Germany. I can tell you this......In the future I will no longer eat at any Burger King.

got a link?
i don't know what happened. I'm in australia!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Evidently, some people have not worked in a restaurant. This kind of stuff even happens in the fanciest of restaurants.

I don't know why people think this is only a problem in Fast food restaurants.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Here's a link but I had to google translate what it said. RTL Group Burger King

" Burger King" branches of the Yi Ko Holding GmbH The RTL investigative report " Team Wallraff - Reporter Undercover" , the fast-food chain Burger King uncovered unacceptable sanitary and working conditions in several branches of the franchisee Yildiz . In the broadcast on Monday night broadcast of smuggled in several restaurants undercover reporter Alexander Romans documented ( hourly wage : gross 7.71 euros ) with a hidden camera , among other things serious violations of the Burger King own policies and against the Food Regulation. To the customer according to the internal regulation can already expired food to sell more than fresh is extended simply by relabeling the shelf life of raw and perishable goods. The meat is - unlike promised in advertising - not always hot from the grill, but is kept warm in part for hours. In the refrigerated section , the team also found salads, the expiration date had expired . In a kitchen RTL reporter even intestinal bacteria showed . Some employees that clean the toilets, then have to make the same work clothes kitchen service , a cleaning company was allegedly too expensive. In general, it is missing part in our test stores in the simplest household appliances such as dishwashers or can openers . Apparently , for reasons of cost minimization has to serve even as human trash compactors , the service and kitchen staff. Affected by the undercover investigations are exclusively Restaurants Yi Ko Holding GmbH of the franchisee Ergün Yildiz . The Germany operates more than 91 of the total of 671 franchise Burger King stores and saves there - so the research of the RTL report - at the expense of consumers and employees a solid in order to maximize profits. So is the "Team Undercover" before an internal mail of the manager Yildiz , with which he arranges that only 0.2 percent of food waste may arise during preparation. This also includes non-processed salad. Only 0.4 percent of the food prepared and therefore only 4 of 1000 burgers should be discarded according to operating instructions.

A former film director , who had quit at Burger King , settled for the RTL report smuggle again undercover at a branch in Munich, which is owned by the CEO Yildiz . Even at the interview made ​​it clear that that he pays neither Christmas nor holiday pay . As a starting salary of the applicant was offered 1,500 euros gross as an officer , overtime would not be paid. These statements contradict the written approval of the Managing Director to all employees after the acquisition of subsidiaries. In the document , which is present RTL, he committed herself to pay all employees by collective bargaining . This includes supplements which make up a significant portion of the salary . An internal mail traffic, which is also present "Team Wallraff ," proves that managing Yildiz his mini -jobbers denied legal claims as continued pay in case of illness. The entrepreneur is in trade unions and labor courts almost equally well-known for the rigorous combat uncomfortable employees and works councils. With about every fifteenth of its more than 3,000 employees is the largest German Franchiser is in litigation . Günter Wallraff , who constantly accompanied the undercover research the RTL reporter and of the infiltrated layer conductor , leads ahead in one 's own undercover operation , with what rigid methods used by Ergün Yildiz and nationwide known as an employer lawyer Helmut Naujoks works . The Legend: Disguised as an entrepreneur, Wallraff pretends he wanted his company to sell as expensively as possible and therefore get rid of councils and senior staff. The reporter has given prior to the appearance of both the CEO Ergun Yildiz as a franchisee and the company Burger King International as Franchi donors by registered mail and with a deadline of two weeks to comment on the allegations. One answer has to this day. "Team Wallraff " of the state-certified food inspector Bernd silent , the gastronomy expert Ronny Loll and specializing in employment lawyer Dr. Sven Jürgens was supported . RTL reporter Alexander Romans undercover work in the members of the Yildiz Group Burger King stores in Ratingen , Mönchengladbach, Gersthofen and Leverkusen. In all four fast-food restaurants he found similarly problematic sanitary and working conditions.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Hi,

I will look for it and post it. It will be in German.

In the one hour TV report it showed this shift worker while wearing a secret camera taking samples from the kitchen, from the meat, vegetables etc... to have them examined in a laboratory and the results were terrifying........human feces was found along with other dangerous bacterias.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Thank you for the info for all to see!

Keep your children away from these fast food chains they are hazardous to your health.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

......In the future I will no longer eat at any Burger King.

Not trying to be smart here, but do you think its just Burger King?

All fast food restaurants have similar operations, centered around cutting costs with low paid, highly turned over employees, and cheap premade frozen stuff disguised as food.

I don't eat at any fast food restaurants and If people knew what went on behind the scenes i doubt many would.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

......In the future I will no longer eat at any Burger King.

Not trying to be smart here, but do you think its just Burger King?

All fast food restaurants have similar operations, centered around cutting costs with low paid, highly turned over employees, and cheap premade frozen stuff disguised as food.

I don't eat at any fast food restaurants and If people knew what went on behind the scenes i doubt many would.

Hi, I agree with you.

I have been talking with a senior person who works with McDonalds Germany and in the next few days I will posting some hot news about McDonalds operations in Germany. As you have said - all fast food restaurants are similar but what this person told me is even worse. The person promised to give a copy of a letter that he/she prepared with other store managers to McDonalds HQ in Illinois so that it too can be placed online for all to read.

Apparently McDonalds is also a sinking ship. Stores being closed all over Germany because people refuse to work as slaves.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Good on you! I look forward to your posts

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
From what I saw in the videos it's nothing really new. Unless the place makes a massive profit where they can clean the ENTIRE kitchen nightly from top to bottom it's going to have bacteria build up in some key places. Such as under the door handles, on un washed trays and such.
I worked in kitchens for about 7 years before I became a welder. And i worked in everything from hotel kitchens where they had nightly cleaning crews come in, to pizza shops where we cleaned when we had a chance. And the key areas where you'd find dirt is door handles, the dish pit, or any where OTHER than the initial kitchen for service. Even fine dining you'll get a gross experience, chefs scratching themselves, swigging beers, doing coke in the bathroom, dropping knives of tongs on the floor and just wiping them off. It's not very pretty to an untrained eye.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I watched a CBC documentary a couple weeks ago on this topic. Surprisingly fast food was not the biggest culprit for health violations. Moxie's accounted for nearly half of all violations in Canada. I won't be eating there again.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Thanks for the info!

In Germany we have a big problem with Morbus Crohn and one way to get this disease is by eating or drinking human and/or animal feces! Even the smallest amount can be extremely dangerous and Morbus Crohn is something that can kill you or you suffer with it for the rest of your life and this can come from simply eating a burger!

Scary stuff.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sounds like the restaurant I work at... lol

re-stickering food, selling out of date items(whether on purpose or the fact theres so many items you lose track)

Ive worked in a bunch of restaurants and its pretty much the same across the board.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have not eaten fast food in over a decade. A few nights ago I ate a chicken sandwich from Jack-in-the-Box. To be fair, I did have a few beers, but I had to empty the contents of my stomach before I went to bed. I have eaten things that would make a billy goat puke with no problems, but that stuff...just, yuck. I'd rather go hungry.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have not eaten fast food in over a decade. A few nights ago I ate a chicken sandwich from Jack-in-the-Box. To be fair, I did have a few beers, but I had to empty the contents of my stomach before I went to bed. I have eaten things that would make a billy goat puke with no problems, but that stuff...just, yuck. I'd rather go hungry.

Thanks for the good info!

Officially I am on the band wagon with you. No more fast food.

We need to spread the word and explain to our children the dangers behind fast food and why they should not eat it.

I found out a few days ago from an insider inside McDonalds that their corporate HQ are telling their stores to change the deep fry oil once a week!!! No more refining and cleaning it! Use the same oil for seven days and then change it out!! This is dangerous and McDonalds should be held liable!
edit on 6-5-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If most people knew what went on in a restaurant's back-of-house, they would never eat out again. I've worked in a few, some of them quite "upscale"... and I will never eat out again unless I can watch the entire preparation and service processes personally (and even that doesn't give you the whole story).

Burger King is a restaurant (of sorts), so that should be your first clue that you're consuming all manner of filth. Your second clue that you're consuming all manner of filth is the fact that you're eating at Burger King.

What did these people expect? Do they go through compost bins behind their equivalent of Safeway and complain that the maggots are too salty?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Ha, as soon as I saw that documentary, I pulled out Wallraff's old book "Ganz Unten" from the 1980s - it was about the same then, only with McD.

And yet, it didn't influence the whole of Burger King Germany, as the YiKo-franchisers are located in the south (I live up in the north and BK doesn't seem to sell less here around) and were well-known for their bad business practices..

BK Link 1 (in german)
And YiKo bought it only in May 2013.. BK Link 2 (in german)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Oh look, YiKo was dropped:

BK Link 3 (in German)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
If most people knew what went on in a restaurant's back-of-house, they would never eat out again. I've worked in a few, some of them quite "upscale"... and I will never eat out again unless I can watch the entire preparation and service processes personally (and even that doesn't give you the whole story).

Burger King is a restaurant (of sorts), so that should be your first clue that you're consuming all manner of filth. Your second clue that you're consuming all manner of filth is the fact that you're eating at Burger King.

What did these people expect? Do they go through compost bins behind their equivalent of Safeway and complain that the maggots are too salty?

whoah hang on there, I have a history in the culinary industry and one thing I know is someone that claims they have worked in a few "upscale" places would never put burger king and restaurant in the same sentence, unless they worked at something like sizzler i guess thats more upscale than burger king.
Thing is any franchise operated food service outlet operated by teens cooks with no experience and 18-23 yo casual managers using the job to pay their way through college is a recipe (pun intended) for disaster.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

whoah hang on there, I have a history in the culinary industry and one thing I know is someone that claims they have worked in a few "upscale" places would never put burger king and restaurant in the same sentence...

Did you see the parenthetical mocking my own doing that very thing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join