It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Advanced Camera Ever Built

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Talking about the Walley POS 86
Only NASA space crafts had anything like this before according to the introduction video (link above)
It has 700 4 digit presets, quad optic lenses, TIVO direct to processor, LED lighting console, stereoscopic view finders, it is 483 mm long and only 25 pounds and 27 min..
I am still trying to figure out Nikon D40. I bet it is awesome, but can you imagine taking one of these to a sporting event or family outing?
Looks a bit intimidating with the exposed innards.

Well, Just thought I would let all you obsessed camera addicts know, your dream camera is here.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i don't want to be that guy, but i suppose i have to...this is satire mate

lightweight and portable as the guy hauls an object the size of a 100lb concrete bag

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

lightweight and portable as the guy hauls an object the size of a 100lb concrete bag

i will chime in with pos is Piece Of Sheet walley

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
LMAO!!!

2nd line...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I have a hard time thinking the OP would fall for this, did you OP?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think that the pictures of an old really good regular camera are much better than any digital camera made, including the one you are talking about. There is something about a real picture that makes things easier to comprehend. Whether it be depth perception created by the regular camera or the fact that we have been seeing pictures since we were very young produced by these cameras is the reason. Maybe when we see pictures produced by digital for many years, the interpretation may become better. Remember, the digital technology enhances what is in most people's visable range. I took a test online and found that I am one that can see outside of the range of most people. Maybe that is why the regular pictures look more real to me than the digitally excluded pictures.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What a big POS from 1986?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: imd12c4funn

Talking about the Walley POS 86

The POS 86? That's the biggest POS I've ever seen.

It has 700 4 digit presets, quad optic lenses, TIVO direct to processor, LED lighting console, stereoscopic view finders, it is 483 mm long and only 25 pounds...

TIVO huh?
So they can record their favorite shows?

That video is a hoot, Showing them lugging the 25 lb camera around (and 27 minute battery life!)

edit on 5/4/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

I thought this was going to be a thread about the human eye and memory.

Oh well. Mans amazing copy cat inventions.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The human eye is poor as far as image quality goes, it's the brain that compensates for this. As for human memory... it's pretty lousy and fallible.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Crystal clear for me. You can tell me about all the hi res, the eye is the highest res interpretation of that. Like telling the difference between a million digital color shades. So what.

The human eye is poor as far as image quality goes, it's the brain that compensates for this.

Wonderfully so. Thank you, thats what I meant. I am "visually oriented" so my memory of images (or "moments") is working just fine. If I am not sure, then I know the difference.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWine

I have a hard time thinking the OP would fall for this, did you OP?

God I hope not... That'd be embarrassing.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Only twenty five pounds?

This carp weighs twenty five pounds!!!

Fool me once...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Please tell me you honestly don't think this is for real? It is meant to be a parody of how the 'next, best multi-faceted camera' has come to market to make you a 'better photographer'. Check out Petapixel for their take on this well conducted spoof.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Lol you serious?? Hahahaha that's great!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
And people wonder how they got away with 9/11, lol. People will literally buy anything you tell them.

I got some beachfront property in Arizona, if you're interested.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 7918465230
And people wonder how they got away with 9/11, lol. People will literally buy anything you tell them.

Frankly, it is the knowledge that there are people gullible enough to believe this camera is real that makes me think that there are also people who a gullible enough to believe in the Moon Hoax theories and 9/11 conspiracies theories.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Frankly, it is the knowledge that there are people gullible enough to believe this camera is real that makes me think that there are also people who a gullible enough to believe in the Moon Hoax theories and 9/11 conspiracies theories.

Haha, I know some people are stupid enough to not believe that 911 was an inside job!
Talk about retarded to a point unredeemable.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I gave up arguing with the moon hoaxers long ago (I know we went), and upon researching the JFK assassination I've determined there's too little credible info to make a solid determination either way. They had a lot of reasons to kill him, but the gunshots all seem to have come from the same place, and it seems to be the book depository. 9/11 on the other hand, just has too much physical impossibilities, inconsistencies, implausibilities, very convenient coincidences and too many laws of physics broken etc etc etc for me to believe the official story. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone per se, but the official story is BS imo.

Go to youtube and watch the three part video titled: September 11th: The New Pearl Harbor

Or I guess I could just link it. Got a spare 5 hours? lol

Tell me that's satire.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Haha not all that funny, but it does remind me that some people are fooled by megapixel claims and don't pay enough attention to the lens. There are lots of cameras that have huge megapixels capability, and the good ones have good lenses, but why are there so many crappy lenses that even when you try to focus and look at the 5 megapixel picture, it still looks fuzzy? It's because too many consumers aren't smart enough to pay as much attention to the lens quality as they do the "megapixel" claims.

There is a real tradeoff: A good lens takes up some space, and some compact lenses save space but you may sacrifice a lot of quality and light gathering capability with them. No need to have a camera as big as that POS though.

9/11 on the other hand, just has too much physical impossibilities, inconsistencies, implausibilities, very convenient coincidences and too many laws of physics broken etc etc etc for me to believe the official story.
I'll touch on a few points in that video, but I'm not going to address them all since most have been beaten to death plus it's kind of off-topic here:

"Incompetence theory"-the video discounts the theory that the leaders in charge exhibited incompetence. Really? Why is this so hard to believe? I find it pretty easy to believe. In fact 2 out of 3 Americans believe that there was incompetence in leadership in the events leading up to, and during the crisis. Believing unintentional bungling is pretty easy for me and most people, but evidence they are guilty of much more than that and maybe some lies to try to cover up their own incompetence is pretty thin.

"too many laws of physics broken etc" is just more incompetence by people who either don't understand the laws of physics, engineering, or the behavior of materials under stress. They are saying nobody can explain things in that video which can be explained with a knowledge of these things

Black boxes- I don't know if they are lying about not finding the black boxes but it seems possible and if so, they might have done so to me merciful to the family members of the people on the planes, if there was a lot of screaming and what not as the planes descended at 10,000 feet per minute. It's not like the black boxes were needed to investigate mechanical problems with the planes.

Confusion between cell phone calls and air phone calls (by the way the gadget in the OP should at least be able to make telephone calls as big as it is). They state the limits of cell phones confidently but my experience differs. When I'm at home sometimes my cell phone gets a strong signal, and other times I get no signal at all, zero bars, and nothing is moving, not me or the cell phone tower, so obviously there are other variables they haven't taken into account which affects the ability of a cell phone to make calls. So how are these analysts who are saying who could and could not make cell phone calls going to explain what is going on at my house? Using their assumptions of fixed ranges, they can't explain it. In reality it's more incompetence from people who pretend to know what they're talking about, who actually don't know what they're talking about.

"Squibbs" on lower floors going off as building collapsed. They say that pressure couldn't have been transmitted through the stairwells because there are doors on the stairwells. Did it ever occur to them that one or two of those doors may have been opened? The ignorance of things like that in the video are mind-boggling. Also when you compare the videos they show of squibbs shooting out in a demolition, to the WTC collapse, there is no comparison. The demolition shows squibs evenly occurring every few floors at specific structural points, whole the WTC "squibbs" are completely random and only an isolated occurrence here and there, not even remotely like a demolition pattern. What the video points out as evidence of demolition actually does more to disprove the demolition theory than to support it, to anyone with good observational skills, but unfortunately, many people lack such skills.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<<   2 >>

join