It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I saw a drone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yesterday my wife and I were heading to a wedding in Augusta Georgia. She was asleep while I was driving. We were almost to Augusta and there was an air show going on. It seemed to be on the other side if the city and I could not see the planes, I could see the smoke or whatever it is they use during air shows. I was leaning forward trying to see the planes off in the distance. It was about 5 till 4pm.

Then I noticed there was something in the sky much closer than the air show. At first I thought it was a plane. I would not have seen it if I had not been trying to see the planes off in the distance. I was trying to tell if it was heading my direction or away from me.

At about a quarter to a half a mile away I thought I was looking at a planes fuselage and I could not see the wings because of the distance. It was dead center in front of me and I could now tell that it was getting closer.

As I got closer I could tell it was not a plane or at least a traditional plane. It didn't have wings. The shape I would describe as an elongated diamond shape, with the points rounded off. The bottom was round also. From what I could tell it had no flat surface on it. It was defiantly metallic, white or a light metal color. It also seemed a little light blue and light yellow. The blue may have been the reflection of the sky. And now that I think of it I'm pretty sure I was wearing glasses and that's probably why it seemed a little yellowish. It really had no other details. Just sort of a shimmering metallic look, no lines, holes or any other details that I could make out.

It seemed to be stationary. I'm pretty sure it had not moved at all the entire time I was watching it. I'm guessing it was about 1000 feet high. The size I'd say length wise about the size of a small car and about half the width at the widest of a small car.

It was directly over the interstate and pointing in the same direction as the interstate. I don't think most people could see it. My eyesight is better than 20/20. I often read things at distances and people are amazed I can read and see things at great distances.

I think it was probably a drone. It seemed to be there to monitor traffic. I now wish I would have pulled over to watch it longer.

Anyone have any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Could have been filming the show as they planes do their thing for a unique perspective?

Like they some times do at sports games.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RammerJammer

could have been one of those glider planes,

what say you?
edit on 27-4-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I got a good look at it. It did not have wings. Maybe propellers on top. It was not moving. It was hovering. It was pretty far away form the air show. Miles away.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If your eyesight is "better than 20/20" why were you wearing glasses?
Can eyesight be better than 20/20?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Absolutely, i got glasses recently and i had to ask the optometrist

It means you can see separate lines or letters at 20 feet, so if you had 20/40 you see the same at a distance of 40 feet that a person with 20/20 would.

edit on b3131310 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

20/10 is the best vision you can have.
I used to have 20/15 before I developed astigmatism in the last few years. Now everything is blurry without me peepers.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
If your eyesight is "better than 20/20" why were you wearing glasses?

Yes eyesight can be better than 20/20. I was wearing sunglasses.

new topics

top topics

join