It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost of Victorian Girl Appears in String of York Castle Museum Family Photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this, the article claims that the "apparition" appeared in several photo's, yet they have only published one

A family browsing photos taken on a trip to York Castle Museum in 2012 have spotted what appears to be the ghost of a little girl in a Victorian-era dress in several of the pictures. John Burnside, 27, and Shona Backhouse, 25, from Wakefield in West Yorkshire, took their 18-month-old son Jonthomas to the museum two years ago for a family day out, and the couple had a "funny feeling" they were being followed around the museum.

York Castle Museum is believed by some to be the most haunted museum in the country, housing condemned thieves and murderers. In 1739, infamous highwayman Dick Turpin spent his last night in there before he was executed in York. Staff working at the museum have reported hearing chains rattling, scratching noises from the cells, ghostly voices and once a ghostly dog in one of the galleries. Visitors have also reported hearing a woman singing and seeing an old lady dressed in black sitting by a fireplace.

Source

I wonder why the "ghost" appears to be in black and white in a colour photo?.......this could certainly be a hoax, but I thought it interesting enough to share.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

I didnt know it was possible for photos to look this grainy in 2012.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I've seen more photos and the ghost is identical in each one as in the same image is photoshopped on. Unless we have a ghost that only ever appears in an identical position and never moves. Never heard anyone describe a ghost behaving like that.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Looks flat, like a big picture or a painting

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Looks like a stencil. or photosop. or real...will we ever know for sure ?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Another picture of the Castle Ghost
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

edit on 26/4/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Looks ridiculously fake to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
the couple had a "funny feeling" they were being followed around the museum.

was going to suggest the 'ghosty' would have to be following them in particual .. if it's only their photos she ever 'selectively' appeard in ... just don't do it for me ...

i do believe in ghosties tho .. and lampposts ... i also believe in lampposts . .. the way they illuminate our nights, and never complain .. they happy even when dogs urinate against them ... we could all learn a thing or two from lampposts ... but back to the topic at hand before i get accused of thread drift ... i reckon codswallop in this instance ...

PS - lampposts are your friends ..

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It looks like one of those ridiculous ghost apps...I can't find the exact image but here is a similar one

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Too grainy for a 2012 picture .... and the 'spook' is in black and white whereas the dad has a color shirt on. So I'm thinking someone is having some fun with photoshop or something ....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Not too grainy for a 2012 picture. In low light situations, even digital cell phone pics get grainy.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well Sir Dodo says:

Demon, 100% hands down! Complete with horns and some type of flute or pipe. She is holding it in both her hands and it looks like up to her mouth. CREEPY!

From the second source pic on the Huffington Post cropped and enhanced by me via photoshop, so yes it is edited.

edit on 26-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's the same 2D image in both photos and the ghost ngirl looks clearer than the man and the baby....how is that possible?

It's a fake and not even a good one.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Too grainy for a 2012 picture .... and the 'spook' is in black and white whereas the dad has a color shirt on. So I'm thinking someone is having some fun with photoshop or something ....

I'm assuming you know the make and model of the camera used to make that assertion?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
It's the same 2D image in both photos and the ghost ngirl looks clearer than the man and the baby....how is that possible?

It's a fake and not even a good one.

Take back my previous statement. The pictures are one of the same and it is a hoax. Hoax bin please!

edit on 26-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

When will we *in this day and age of high tech gadgetry* ever see an HD, crystal clear image of a UFO/Ghost/Big foot or my Cousin Vinny (doing an honest days work) for once?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

From your link, EnigmaAgent..

Snorted my coffee through the nose when I saw this one LOLOL

Fake. And not even a good one at that. Too funny !!!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Can you post all the photos? I clicked the link and apparently the mobile version of the site does not show photos in the articles and I tried multiple times and in multiple different ways to switch to the desktop version and for the life of me I cannot seem to do it...

Multiple photos of the same apparition is a big deal for me and definitely deserves a closer look! I don't think the color matters. Whether this is of its own choosing or not, I do not know, but spirits have been known to be in color, black n white, and everything in between. I would like to hope they would not involve a baby in a hoax, let alone a baby's first visit to a museum! ...but of course I'm sure it's been done before... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for this one because I want it to be real hehe!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I think it's just an app, which places the alleged ghost into your photo, as such the ghostly image remains the same in all of the photos as it's just an image that's been added.

Not sure what you mean by not involving a baby in a hoax...the baby would have been oblivious to what the parents did with the photo after it was taken, so not really getting your point. I would understand it better if they had used a picture of their young child, and altered it to make it look like a ghost, that would be unpleasant

As for the colour, all of the images in the ghost apps are black and white, obviously to try and give them more credibility, but in fact all it does is make them look more out of place.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Fake and poorly done at that.That would make the claimants frauds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join