It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina deputy snatches 2 phones for recording her, fails to snatch the 3rd phone (tsk tsk)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RobertDeniro

Yes, you can read the whole report on one of the links. It provides the complete police report and does match the OP to an extent.

edit on 24.4.2014 by flammadraco because: Bread to read

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Typically, threads like this make me angry at both parties. After all, so many times, people are uncooperative intentionally, just to get the cops to react, whether they are within their rights or not. In this case, this officer clearly has underlying mental issues that make her a detriment to the force - and particularly - the people she allegedly serves. It's a damn shame that this is happening so much nowadays. It's unfortunate that the thin blue line would rather protect its own, than protect its people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: RobertDeniro

Yes, you can read the whole report on one of the links. It provides the complete police report and does match the OP to an extent.

Post removed. My apologies misread your post.
edit on 24-4-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Didn't watch the video, I've seen enough cop movies.

Here's a question, if an officer says they're confiscating your phone for their safety, what happens if you remove the memory card and then hand them the phone?

Better than that, (if you didn't see the thread here somewhere) an English cop took the camera after accusing a 'Fracking' protester of being drunk after driving with the intimation that the protester had said so to him..which he hadn't, and that he was aggressive which he wasn't. The cop was being loud for any third party cops to hear, without those cops actually knowing what was going on. But anyway, the cop took the camera which was later returned with the whole thing intact. The protester had a programme that hid video to order, and presumably something the cops did not know about, and they missed it. The protester is suing.

edit on 24-4-2014 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I just did an Amazon search and dash cams are suprisingly cheap and easy to set up. I recomend everyone have one in their vehicle.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
WTF! So this crazy b**ch use to be a soldier in the military, is now a police officer and she can't accept military ID as a form of picture ID. LOL wow. I believe it.

One time the police stopped friends and I for jay walking across a road with no crosswalks except for one that was 10 blocks away. No kidding. We was heading to a restaurant to have breakfast. One had military ID, I had 3 pieces of ID a drivers license, college ID, DPSST State issued ID. The other friend had a government issued passport. My friends only had those ID's as the place they lived was just across the street, so they only had those with them at the time in a fanny pack and didn't think they would need a driver license. I was there visiting.

The cop would only accept a drivers license. I had a picture ID the same as the cop that stopped us had as I worked as a PI part time. Now to deny the passport I argued that you have to show a drivers license to get the passport! It's also hologram seal with a ribbon that cannot be faked. It has a bar codes on it, serial numbers everything just as a drivers license has. Identifying and proving your name has nothing to do with it. They want that drivers license Number so they can DMV check you. This is a flaw in their line of work. Every cop is a detective, inspector. They have to take names determine what is going on for records etc. If someone is a witness and you tell them your names is John Doe then asks for ID and you say yeah A passport. Oh we can't accept that! WTF?? Obviously you have no police training what so ever. There is a huge difference in professionalism between a police officer that has college level training and a degree, and a soldier out of the military. Not to say that military are not professionals, but seriously there is more to it than just knowing how to draw a damn gun and shoot somebody.

Time and time again cops aren't using the wet noodle between their ears. She'll fit right in. I bet she hasn't even read peoples rights or even understand the bill of rights. They like to say detaining you instead of arresting you then they have to read your rights they want to detain you and ask questions under duress. Refuse, say I don't ask questions under duress, detainment or arrest. let them arrest you and justice will prevail. Then you got something to go on, and can counter sue for wrongful prosecution. Believe me they don't want that. Keep your mouth shut period.
edit on 24-4-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

It appears that the sheriff's office put Ms. Barber back on training:

Barber goes back to class...

From the local news article linked above:

"I agree that Deputy Barber was very zealous in her action toward the complainant and she is gratefully sorrowful for that. The complainant was passive and did not display forceful resistance.

"Deputy Barber did raise her voice at the complainant and did handcuff him which I contend was not in order, but Deputy Barber never once pushed, snatched, assaulted, or showed any other forceful acts of aggression toward the complainant."

Due to this incident, Sheriff Brown said he will assign Deputy Barber back to direct one-on-one supervised training for at least six weeks. The training will be focused solely on handling civil disputes, laws of arrest, and the scope of authority for law enforcement, Sheriff Brown continued.

"Deputy Natalie Barber is a fine deputy who had recently been released from the Sheriff's Office Training program (16 weeks) to work without direct supervision," Sheriff Brown said in a statement. "Deputy Barber is a military veteran and is a law enforcement officer certified by the state of North Carolina."

Umm, I guess his definition of "snatched" and the rest of the world's is different, to say the least!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My uncle punched a woman cop down a flight of stairs for doing basically this same thing before. He was then tasered by a male cop, and he fell down the stone staircase at my apartments right behind her. He did go to jail, but was released and charges dropped within 90 days because he filed a million dollar lawsuit against them. He's a nut, but he does wild # all the time and manages to get away with short stents in jail because he always sues the cops lol.

I do not envy his lifestyle, but I do like the idea that he doesn't back down from them, even has assaulted officers with little repercussion on more than one occasion. It has made him a target though, they're always on him for something.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

When Police are afraid of Phones........that is a Great day in America.

Not so great for Police Bravery though.................

They're more afraid of phones than anything besides a weapon. They'd better get used to it. Phones are only getting smaller and more ubiquitous, it's not a trend that's going to reverse. Google just patented cameras in contact lenses, I don't think they'll be able to confiscate those.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
I just did an Amazon search and dash cams are suprisingly cheap and easy to set up. I recomend everyone have one in their vehicle.

Menards has knockoff GoPro's for 28 bucks right now.

With the mounts and a waterproof case.

Anyone know why I can't reply to the thread, only to posts?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hmmmmmmm

There's a secret cabal, if we downvote you enough times, you first lose the ability to reply to the thread, then to good posts, then any posts. We can even fix it so it looks like you posted, but no one except you sees it. So if you don't see anyone reply to you, that's probably it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

In Russia I believe they do it to avoid fraud scams which are very common.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
the only reason we have CCTv is not for our safety or anyones safety its to protect corporate interests and business property from damage and theft, those cameras are there primarily for that purpose to stop theft and damage

it just so happens if anything is caught on camera we can use that as evidence , but it hardly ever gets used in court

this officer amongst others on ATS are a joke

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Hmmmmmmm

There's a secret cabal, if we downvote you enough times, you first lose the ability to reply to the thread, then to good posts, then any posts. We can even fix it so it looks like you posted, but no one except you sees it. So if you don't see anyone reply to you, that's probably it.

Good one Bedlam! At first I also thought their was a some funny stuff going on. As it turns out, If I not mistaken the thread had a complaint on it which prevents everyone from replying to it. Except replies from posts. Would this be accurate?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am so sick of Officers like this women. Power Hungry. That's all it is.

I hope for a day when this happens to me. Unlike most people, I would punch the Officer right in the mouth and happily do the time for it.

Why would I do such a thing? Easy. Go snatch an object from a Police Officers hand and watch how fast they would charge you with assault. So if snatching an object is "assault" that means this Officer assault this man and his son, which means he has a right to defend himself. Would it hold up in Court? That remains to be seen, but I'd love to be the guy who finds out. Really, what's the worst thing that can happen to me? Send me to Prison where I would be treated like a king by other inmates for assaulting an Officer?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: pavil

All cops should be required to wear cameras that record every stop and arrest

Cops are corrupt. I requested legally required audio files of an incident I was involved in through my Attorney and they had been "lost."

If cops in America cannot follow the laws they are a disgrace and they earned that reputation fair and square.

There need to be penalties for cops who disobey the law. Police are not above the law in fact they should be held more accountable to following the law because of their job.

The police to continue to disobey the law and continue to harass citizens are a disgrace to their profession.
edit on 25amFri, 25 Apr 2014 05:10:42 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I suspect that the police will be able to seize dashcams as evidence if seen in a car used by an occupant with whom they are interacting, or from others in close proximity, with the xcuse being "evidence". I am also sure such items will be prone to disappear before anything goes to court!
What would be needed is a WiFi linked camera uploading to a hard-wired recorder in the car or to a remote device, to ensure the camera feed is not purely memory card based and thus secure.

The police will always seek ways to counter any evidence gathering against their actions. I remember way back the idea of confiscating cell phones came about because of alleged "cell phone guns". This though was complete crap! Yes, they had pictures of such a James Bond like device, but to use it as a reason to grab ALL cell phones was nothing more than a way to suppress evidence against police action. It's for their safety you know!

Also, anyone see the reports a few weeks ago about police fatalities "in the line of duty"? Sure put into perspective the idea that they "lay their lives on the line" each time they step out to serve and protect!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
is it just me or did this whole issue start because the two families are too lazy to walk their own dogs outside of their own yards ?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Another ex-military cop who can't deal with the public. What a shock.

Police organizations need to start taking a good, hard look at this. A very clear pattern is emerging imo.

edit on 4/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Another ex-military cop who can't deal with the public. What a shock.

Police organizations need to start taking a good, hard look at this. A very clear pattern is emerging imo.

It's all about psychology.
Hiring military for civilian policing is never going to work, because the majority have a mentality of being a "force" not a "friend".

Military training is not compatible with a role in civilian law enforcement. In high stress military environments these men and women are expected to gain complete control and make all those around the submit, just as they were forced to submit to their superiors. This is in direct contradiction to the role of policing by consent of the public.

In order for someone to move from the military to a civilian policing role there needs to be a considerable amount of psychological evaluation, and likely more training than anyone else would need. These people have been trained to be more aggressive and more violent than the average citizen, so expecting them to function properly as a cadet from the public is ludicrous.

For every week you or I would be trained, these ex military need a month or more to retrain them OUT of being in the military.

But then, isn't this a common problem with all military? They never get the support and retraining they need after serving, they're basically just dumped with all that programming in their heads and expected to behave like the average Joe. They're trained to be ruthless, to kill, to take orders and abandon their moral compass and free will, then when they're no longer useful they're dumped back into society.

I'm stunned that anyone still wants to serve in their military with the way they're treated. Of course, it doesn't remove responsibility from people like this woman, but there has to be at least some blame cast on those who fail ex military so appallingly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join