It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Glyphs found in Australia could rewrite history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
humansarefree.com...

If this is true than this is big and further evidence that our history textbooks are wrong. I have read elsewhere that this could be ancient Egyptian explorers who got stranded in Australia and carved these glyphs as a way to tell there story but who knows. Personally I believe human history goes further back than we think and that they had technologies quite more advanced and different from our own. We like to think we know everything about our ancestors but we need to dig deeper and keep our minds open. What do you all think?

edit on 17-4-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

I'm sure it could and should, but would they let you?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well no not me personally, I am in no way qualified. But I have always wondered why is it a big deal to change the history books? is it a money thing?( suppose everything is). If archaeologists are interested in finding the truth about the past, what is wrong with them admitting they were wrong. Of course if there is something about the past the government doesn't want us to know then I guess that explains it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Nice find

Seems that ancient Egyptians did some travelling back in their day

Grand Canyon

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't suppose anybody is interested in alternative thoughts on the subject...

An Egyptologist from Sydney's Macquarie University has rejected any new claims about one of the most mysterious and controversial sites on the New South Wales Central Coast, known as the 'Gosford Hieroglyphs'. Link

May as well add this as a jumping-off point for further investigation...Another link

edit on 17-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Could you post a snippet of the article in your OP or another post please?

(I'm at work and most stuff is blocked)

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The aborigonals of Australia are the remnants of the first peoples of earth.....
I have no problem with the idea men sailed the seas since the dawn of time.....
It is inconceivable that the people of the past did not have more intercommunication than previously taught....The evidence is growing that our history is a patchwork of guesses......at least one huge event once nearly destroyed the human race, AND SET THE WORLD BACK ON ITS HEELS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS....

edit on 17-4-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
These are not new discoveries, they`ve been there for a while.

Secondly, they look fake.

Thirdly, I don't like skeptics saying "its impossible" that Egyptians traveled that far. Its a really closed-minded statement.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow! It's pretty hard to refute that evidence!
* A picture is worth a thousand words*

S&F

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

If it isn't a hoax, then not only would it have been Egyptian seafarers, but Egyptian scribes, or priests that would have been there, right?
They were the ones that did the writing in ancient Egypt, if my schooling was right.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

WOW what a awesome incredible find .aint no way of legitimately spinning this find although the guy in the vid has said they already have about 4 explanations already ...S&F

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Until receiving a phone call from Nina Angelo (OAM), I knew nothing of neither the struggles involved in protecting the land around Kariong (near Gosford) nor that part of this land was now on the market. When on-site I had seen a lot of tagged trees, and a for sale sign somewhere along a main road, but being unfamiliar with the whole region, nothing registered.

The land for sale contains the Gosford Glyphs, located near Kariong, about 60 km north of Sydney. This site features little known carved ‘ancient Egyptian’ hieroglyphs that were brought to light by various researchers in past decades.

We are convinced that close to this site, and never before seen by non-Aboriginals until discovered very recently, is a rock platform covered with a set of sacred engravings of considerable significance. On this large platform we saw a fish, serpent, massive dolphin or whale, circles and a variety of shapes and symbols.

Without doubt, it is an impressive gallery of ancient Aboriginal rock art deserving of protection. There is one life-sized engraving of Durramullan (son of Creation Spirit Biamie) that is so unique, utterly unexpected, and obviously sacred, decisions had to be made as to how it can be publicly described.

There is nothing remotely like it anywhere in Australia. And that’s it.

That is all we have agreed to reveal. The photographs taken late in the afternoon on this site, and in particular those of Durramullan, should never be reproduced or published through any form of the media but...

Owing to the real possibility this land, irrespective of the credentials for or against the Gosford Glyphs, could be sold then developed, a different approach is compulsory.

It has been our agreed stance to categorise all the sites/relics we are sharing as being ‘found within 2 hours of Sydney’, but that generalised approach doesn’t apply in this location. Those engravings, and other related platforms (one is actually located within this block) are now directly under threat.

The distance between this unique site and that of the Gosford Glyphs is far too close for coincidence or comfort. As to determining the bona fides of this supposed Egyptian site, we have one advantage. According to Dr. Hans-Dieter von Senff, who has produced a draft paper on the site:

These Hieroglyphs are real and have existed for some 4,500 years in Australia. In order to prove that these Proto-Egyptian glyphs are not graffiti, as claimed by various “Experts” and “Egyptologists,” but are the written record left by pre-historic man, written in a coherent and understandable language that makes sense even 4,500 years later. This site is no hoax, but a genuine archaeological discovery; as is proven by the newly discovered second set of glyphs.

The critics who dispute the origin of these engravings numbering over 300 are not sensitive to the bigger picture, and if proven to be engraved by Egyptians, these glyphs form a pivotal and historic epitaph to an Australian history very few suspect.

The engravings were first properly translated by Ray Johnson, claimed to be proto-Egyptian and accepted “as correct by the General Director of Cairo Museum, Dr. Dia’ Abou-Ghazi.” [1]

- See more at: humansarefree.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Is there a link where we can find out what these hieroglyphs say?

They were said to have been translated.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I agree with Skyfloating -- they look fake as fake can be to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thanks Shep!

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

THUS SPEAKS HIS HIGHNESS THE PRINCE FROM THIS WRETCHED PLACE WITHIN THIS LAND, TRANSPORTED THERE BY SHIP.
DOING THIS WRITING FOR THE CROWN OF LOWER EGYPT, ACCORDING TO GOD’S WORDS. THE FELLAHEEN CALL OUT FROM THIS PLACE IN THIS STRANGE LAND, FOR SUTI.
I, NEFER-DJESEB, SON OF THE KING KHUFU, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, BELOVED OF “PTAH” HAVE TRANSPORTED “SUTI.”
“HE (NEFER-TI-RU) IS KIND (AND) BENEVOLENT, (A) FOLLOWER (OF THE) GOLDEN-HAIRED GOD, “RA-HERU.” “TWO YEARS* THAT I (HE ?) MAKE WAY WESTWARDS, I (HE, NEFER TI-RU) (PUT) UP STRONG FRONT, PRAYING, JOYFUL, SMITING INSECTS. HIS HIGHNESS, A SERVANT OF GOD, HE (SAY’S) GOD BRINGS THE INSECTS, THUS THINE OWN FELLAHEEN PROTECT.”
THE SNAKE BIT TWICE, ALL THOSE BEHIND THE DIVINE LORD OF KHUFU, THE LORD OF THE TWO ADZES , MIGHTY ONE OF LOWER EGYPT. NOT ALL GO BACK. (WE ARE) MARCHING FORWARD, (WE) DO NOT LOOK BACK.
(WE) ALL DAMAGED THE BOAT AT LOW TIDE. OUR BOAT IS TIED UP. THE SNAKE CAUSED THE DEATH. (WE) GAVE HALF AN EGG (FROM MEDICINE) BOX (OR CHEST), (AND) PRAYED TO THE HIDDEN ONE, FOR HE WAS STRUCK TWICE.”
A HARD ROAD, WE ALL WEPT OVER THE BODY, KEEPING TO THAT, WHICH IS ALLOWED. “SEATED (BY) THE SIDE WAY.” “WITH CONCERN AND DEEP LOVE, (THE) FELLAHEEN.
PLANTS WILTING, LAND DYING, IS THIS MY LOT FROM THE MOST HIGH GOD, OF THE SACRED MER. THE SUN POURS DOWN UPON (MY BACK), O! KHEPERA, MOST HIGH, THIS IS NOT AS THE ORACLE SAID. MY OBELISK IS OVERTURNED, BUT NOT BROKEN.
THE BANDAGED ONE IS CONFINED, HEAR, THE RED EARTH REGION.” THEN OF TIME TO GROW, (I.E. SPRING), WE WALLED IN WITH LOCAL STONES THE ENTRANCE TO THE SIDE CHAMBER. I COUNTED AND IMPOUNDED THE DAGGERS (OF THE) FELLAHEEN.
THE THREE DOORS TO ETERNITY ARE CONNECTED TO THE REAR END BEHIND THE BULWARK (OF THE GRAVE).
A NECKLACE PLACED BY HIS SIDE. A ROYAL TOKEN, SIGNIFYING HEAVENS GIFT, AS FROM THOU…! O HOLY SHINING ONES. TAKEN ACROSS (TO) PRIVATE SANCTUARY (OF THIS) TOMB. (ALONG WITH) THE SILVER DAGGER, A ROYAL TOKEN (OF THE) GREAT MAKER.
SEPARATED FROM (THE CITY OF) “ PENU” (IS) THE ROYAL BODY (AND FROM) ALL OTHERS. THAT REGAL PERSON THAT CAME FROM THE HOUSE OF GOD, NEFER-TI-RU, THE SON OF KHUFU, KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT , WHO DIED BEFORE, IS LAID TO REST.
HE IS NOT OF THIS PLACE. HIS HOME IS PENU. RETURN HIM TO HIS TOWN . ONE THIRD OF (THE) FRUITS, I MYSELF DIVIDED FOR THE BURIAL SERVICE. HOLD HIS SPIRIT WITH LOVE, O MOST HIGH. WORMS IN THE BASKET OF FRUIT, GOING INTO (HIM), SHALL NOT BE.
MAY HE HAVE LIFE, EVERLASTING. AM I NOT TO GO BACK BESIDES THE WATERS OF THE SACRED MER, THEN CLASP HIM, MY BROTHER’S SPIRIT TO THY SIDE, O FATHER OF THE EARTH.

ancientneareast.org...

Wish I could give this whole article a read but I am at work, I am guessing they have some evidence to say this is a hoax but who knows. Anyways this is apparently what it says.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

About "They look fake"

I'm not an expert but it seems to me that most of the known hieroglyphs are made by the artists of the era.

We also hire artists or craftsmen to write and decorate our (important) buildings, sites.. etc.

So you are claiming that it looks fake.

But now imagine a lost, stranded expedition.... and the surviving members are trying to leave a message...

"Oh by Ra, we don't have an excellent artist among us anymore, lets not write it down"

or...

"Well, I'm not the best in glyphs , but I will try to write our story anyway"

So, I've heard the argument before... but it makes no sense at all. Ask the average "joe" to carve a descent English sentence in hard rock... and see what you get!

edit on 17-4-2014 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

They look to "new" to me, and some of them don't even look Egyptian.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
those were already proven to be a hoax. Soldiers that came back from egypt or something like that. Just google it you'll find all the information regarding the hoax.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by EartOccupant

They look to "new" to me, and some of them don't even look Egyptian.

The age thing, I can understand... But still, I'm not an expert, but as far as I know "rock dating" is very hard ... But it could be true.
And about the different looks... It's a language, I can imagine dialects ...and lack of knowledge.
It makes even more sense when you think of it, a not scolared, not crafted person, just an expedition member, tries to write a very difficult picture language...

Would you expect any better?

Golantrevize
those were already proven to be a hoax. Soldiers that came back from Egypt or something like that. Just Google it you'll find all the information regarding the hoax.

I vaguely remember also some Egyptian? coins found in Australia... Same era.

But Just "Google" ... find you everything you search for. It's not evidence.

PS. Not saying it is true, just don't like the counter arguments, except if they could proof age.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join