It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cop Who Pepper Sprayed Peaceful Students Will Receive $38,056

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
humansarefree.com...

The cop who mercilessly doused peaceful, seated protesters with pepper spray recently claimed he has psychological injuries from the incident and demanded workman’s compensation. And California is granting it to him. The University of California, Davis — a tax funded college — will pay the fired assailant $38,056.

Pike ceased to be a UCD employee in July 2012. Pike, whose annual salary was $121,680, collected full pay during the painfully dragged-out 8-month investigation, while he remained on leave.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

thesynyster32
humansarefree.com...

The cop who mercilessly doused peaceful, seated protesters with pepper spray recently claimed he has psychological injuries from the incident and demanded workman’s compensation. And California is granting it to him. The University of California, Davis — a tax funded college — will pay the fired assailant $38,056.

Pike ceased to be a UCD employee in July 2012. Pike, whose annual salary was $121,680, collected full pay during the painfully dragged-out 8-month investigation, while he remained on leave.

One word: California

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Absolutely outrageous!
This leaves me just shaking my head.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It's obvious - they were coming right for him. He had no choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thesynyster32

Any attorney will tell you it's difficult to win a case on emotional suffering. It's difficult to prove, so I wonder how his attorney was able to argue for compensation based upon something that was clearly his decision to spray these students. Our court system is beginning to show it's true colors when it comes to benefiting the rich, government officials and corporations.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

IIRC the student settlement was only $30,000 per. So, in addition to collecting 8 months of salary, he comes out 8 grand ahead of each of his victims.

His chief resigned/retired.

And best out of any of it ... the chancellor who ordered the intervention, had to make a three block walk of shame. Of course, she's a true 1%er, so it probably faded from memory (as she continued to collect her $400+K/yr salary) like a fart in the wind.

Did the 32% tuition hike stick ... you betcha
all but forgotten in the distraction the cops caused.

(post by ObservingYou removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I wonder if it also had to do with threats he may have received ongoing after the incident? If he could prove he was receiving threats, that may have helped his case.

Not that I agree with this, at all. He should not have received a dime!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
im sure that they lied to the judge and told him that the guy pepper sprayed a bear

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not trying to point fingers, but in my country there is a law that states a perpetrator must not profit in any way from his crime. Does such a law exist in the US or the state of California? This thread clearly states that he is coming out ahead of his victims.
edit on 17-4-2014 by aboutface because: stuck shift key, sorry

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Snarl

IIRC the student settlement was only $30,000 per. So, in addition to collecting 8 months of salary, he comes out 8 grand ahead of each of his victims.

His chief resigned/retired.

And best out of any of it ... the chancellor who ordered the intervention, had to make a three block walk of shame. Of course, she's a true 1%er, so it probably faded from memory (as she continued to collect her $400+K/yr salary) like a fart in the wind.

Did the 32% tuition hike stick ... you betcha
all but forgotten in the distraction the cops caused.

I'm still stuck on the fact that cops make $121,000 per year!!!

what in the sam hell?!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well that's a relief.
I almost thought the world was changing, glad to see were staying the course.

top topics

join