It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Interrupt Your WWIII Preparations with This: Canada is planning to invade Syria, leaked reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The pro-Israeli government of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is making diplomatic and military preparations for military intervention in Syria, leaked documents show.

Canada’s National Defence has drawn up at least five scenarios for the country’s military mission in Syria, according to documents obtained by the Ottawa Citizen.

In one scenario, Canada recognizes “a legitimate armed opposition group” fighting to overthrow the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

To justify a war on Syria, the National Defense alludes to “the rapidly deteriorating conditions in Syria, its impact on neighboring countries and … the importance of Middle East stability.”

Source

Documents from the Canadian government show that the nation’s military and diplomats have been secretly working on plans to invade Syria for quite some time, cobbling together five distinct scenarios that they could use to justify such an attack.

Canadian officials have publicly insisted for months they have “no plans” to be brought into the Syrian Civil War, but the internal documents, classified and heavily redacted, detail preparations for both an intervention and a long-term presence to back pro-West rebels as an alternative to al-Qaeda.

Second Source

Other than involvement with NATO, I don't believe I know of a time when Canada has ever participated in aggression in and towards another country. Other than being a US Lap Dog within the confines of the various "Coalitions of the Willing".

We also in the past few days have been "informed" of recent and planned chemical attacks by Syria against the terrorist rebels. Which hopefully we all know is the same crap we listened to last August.

Anyway, I was rather shocked when I came across this little nugget and thought some of you may be interested.

edit on 15-4-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nope! Sorry! It will never happen!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Canada? Really?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yeah great theory.

Except Canada has next to no projection capability!

Only country capable of international intervention is USA, UK, France and limited capability from China and Russia.

Only way Canada going to Syria is if the USA, France or UK is willing to transport there troops/Equipment, loan some Airbases and keep them supplied.
edit on 15-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That is what I thought. I found the story and brought it here.

link   
Not sure how canada could invade a country, we would need to borrow equipment, we have very good soldiers but low end tech.

Best i can see is canada send a team of experts to train soldiers, or help build new infrastructures.

Really hope we stay away and go back to our neutral stand, the good old days of sending ships and planes full of food, medication and doctors.

link   
They'd get voted out ASAP...

This party is only there because none of the other parties present a viable alternative to them.

The robo-calling helped though.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Warmongering Canooks?

It never entered my mind before this.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Harper is another puppet so it would not surprise me.

If Obama can screw the US then his Northern Buddy might as well help with the Continent.

GET RID OF HARPER CANADA!

Peace

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Canada invading Syria......... Hey, joke forums two doors down on the left.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
Canada invading Syria......... Hey, joke forums two doors down on the left.

Its a diversion!

Why you look at Syria they will instead come down and burn DC down again

Those crafty Canadians never trust them

edit on 15-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And in other news...

The Republic of Ireland has announced it will be invading China.

again...

never going to happen

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
LOL

I think the Hoaxers shot themselves in the foot here

Canada isn't intervening in Syria and you don't have to be a rocket scientists to understand why

My best guess would be part of a military exercise/games for Canadian military commanders, all country's play these theoretical war games with scenario all country have a war plan/battle plan drawn up for a war with nearly every country

Just goes to show how things can be used and spun as propaganda
edit on 15-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Very alarming revelation.

Especially rich is the albawaba story.

I think Canada has always been a major player in the global agenda.

They have plenty of open land ripe for top secret operations and storage facilities.

The U.S. CIA and Israeli Mossad are key helpers with things like logistics and map planning and general military strategies as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's cool guys, we got this!

All joking aside, even if we had the military capability to "invade" Syria (which we don't), The Canadian people would never endorse such a move. It doesn't surprise me that Harper would have drawn up contingency plans since he is pretty much an American lapdog and will support uncle sam no matter what.

He gets the Canadian vote not because of his foreign policy stance but because the conservative government has done a good job of keeping the Canadian economy afloat through a global recession. That, and the liberals are a laughing stock at the moment.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

jude11
Harper is another puppet so it would not surprise me.

If Obama can screw the US then his Northern Buddy might as well help with the Continent.

GET RID OF HARPER CANADA!

Peace

I was laughing like a little kid when I saw this thread.
Never gonna happen.

Yes in Canada, we all know how Harper is the biggest sell out !

PLEASE, get that fool out of office asap.

edit on 15-4-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Holy crap!
Does Canada know?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Canucks are going to invade Syria? How? By asking politely? "Excuse me, sirs, but may we conduct a military intervention in your fine country? No? Ok then."

All jokes aside, this doesn't strike me as something Canada would do, I don't think they have the tech to do it, they'd need support from another country first.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

CrisMajor
Holy crap!
Does Canada know?

Its like Star wars episode two Canada been secretly building a clone army and secret weapons stockpiles!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If this is true and Canada is planning to go to war with Syria then you can assume the US, UK, Australia and possibly France are too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join