It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets who have passed on...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hard to believe it was two years ago today that I had to put my best friend of 13 years to sleep. There are times when I still miss her. I wonder sometimes if you ever really get over the loss of a pet. (I know this might sound stupid but if you're a dog person you get it).

It's sad that they are only with us for a short period of time but the laughter, the love and the memories I will never forget.

RIP Molly

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

Fear not... Our dearest friends live on!

Believe it...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I feel you.

Had 4 dogs in my 29 year old life and 2 of them had to be put down.
One had cancer and the other one suffered from a terrible case of epelepsy with 6-7 seizures a day at the end.

All we can do is remeber the good times our fellow friends gave us!

Sorry about your loss.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I can understand how you feel. We recently had to put down our 13 year old Pomeranian, and that took place on the 15th of March. It's hard to believe it was so recent, and it even feels like he wasn't gone to begin with (like he's still here).

My stepfather was the one who made the decision to put him down, and made an even harder decision to have him get put down at home so our other dogs would know. It was a very emotional time for him, and I'll admit I had my 3 days of grieving. I know for sure he will always be missed.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Your pets spend a lot of time training you to be a good master. I would then suggest honoring all their effort by going out and finding a new pet. After all, people need pets to constantly maintain their training, else the human will become wild.

So, go out and get a new puppy...honor your pets memory by showing you are capable of having another dog.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I wonder sometimes if you ever really get over the loss of a pet. (I know this might sound stupid but if you're a dog person you get it). - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

To get over would be to forget,

I lost my Boy Tyson in Dec. 2012, he was only 6 years old and died in my arms in the backyard.

It was very quick, the way death and took him from me, Its hard to speak of still, Here is a link to another thread asking about our pets that have passed on where I describe a little what I experienced after Tyson died.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's sad that they are only with us for a short period of time but the laughter, the love and the memories I will never forget. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

in my words if you cant forget you cant get over the loss because I believe their death plays a great part in our lives as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You may find this hard to believe but our furry family members DO go on. Am in the moving process and pictures in storage right now but have a pic where my dog Buddy showed up a few years after his passing. Once I get all moved and settled in will come back and post pic. For the longest I thought feeling a phantom nuzzling of my hand and tail wagging against my leg were figments of my imagination or maybe just wishful thinking but know now that my best friend has always stayed right by my side whether I can see him or not. Call me a fruitcake- I don't care... It's true!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well said.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”― Anatole France

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Molly was so sweet looking and I can understand how you miss her. But isn't it great how they can just burrow right down deep into our hearts and nest there like only they can? Once they become residents of that domain, you are forever linked.

My grandpuppy (daughter's dog) appeared to me in a dream recently and told me how much he appreciated all the special nature walks and things I did for him. It was surreal, but I was so profoundly happy to see him. Then he disappeared and I woke myself up calling after him to remain longer. Maybe it was just a dream, but then again, who's to say? I know it lifted my mood for the next week.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I feel your pain, we lost both our dogs within two years of each other, our little girl was 12 and our boy was only 5 years old (he had bad epilepsy). They are still missed so much. We have not been able to get another puppy yet due to dad having dementia and strokes but one day we shall hear the patter of tiny paws again.

edit on 15-4-2014 by alienscot1 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

SaturnFX
Your pets spend a lot of time training you to be a good master.
I applaud you for that, too few people realize it!

SaturnFX
I would then suggest honoring all their effort by going out and finding a new pet. After all, people need pets to constantly maintain their training, else the human will become wild.
While I partly agree (we will become wild again), for some, such as myself, thats just not an easy option. My mate was my BEST mate, we went everywhere together, losing him was like losing a son or daughter. Would you suggest someone who's lost a child go out and find a replacement?

For those that can find it within themselves to give a good home to another dog
My self, I still find the idea very difficult.

Meet the Tubster, aka Toby.

Been gone for three years, still miss him

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

VoidFire
made an even harder decision to have him get put down at home so our other dogs would know.

for the person who made that decision. Had my mate put to sleep in my car, it was his favorit place to be.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We put one of our girls to sleep this morning. I am a mess and cannot believe she is gone. This sucks.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

SaturnFX
Your pets spend a lot of time training you to be a good master. I would then suggest honoring all their effort by going out and finding a new pet. After all, people need pets to constantly maintain their training, else the human will become wild.

So, go out and get a new puppy...honor your pets memory by showing you are capable of having another dog.

That may be the first time I ever starred a post of yours.

That was very well said.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Awwww .... a beagle!! Our beagle is 11. She's fat and lame and has seizures .... she smells like a hound and howls .... but we love her. I have no doubt that pets have an afterlife. My neighbor had a visit from her (passed away) Boston Terrier ... before she knew he had passed. So .. they live on.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lovebeck
We put one of our girls to sleep this morning. I am a mess and cannot believe she is gone. This sucks.

My heart goes out to you.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My Labrador Retriever is 7 years old, she's lovely and is a great company to our family, I consider her my furry sister, without her I think it would've been some really rough years, she's had alot of problems and still has, mainly skin problems, I can feel that she won't be around for much longer, dunno why but I just feel it (hope I'm wrong), yesterday after laying on my bed and before falling asleep I was thinking about what it would feel like to lose my dog and that feeling was overwhelming... I just got out of bed and walked to the living room where she sleeps and just layed next to her for 1 hour, hugging her and talking to her, I love her so much!

Cheer up ^^

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Akragon

Fear not... Our dearest friends live on!

Believe it...

Thanks for the link,

Will reply in that thread once the fountain of tears stops, got only 2 paragraphs in before the water works took over.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree with everyone else...that was very well said.

I have, in fact, adopted two beagles since Molly's passing. They're both rescues. One, a little girl named Carrie who came from Alabama. (I'm in Philadelphia). She was found as a stray shortly after a tornado ripped through Birmingham and put into a high kill shelter. She then made her way into a foster home through a rescue org and finally up here to her new home.

The boy is named Casey and he was abanodoned in North Carolina. He was negelcted and left at a spay/neuter clinic. I was told he'd never eaten dog food until he arrived at a shelter. He too is now living the good life in PA.

Some time after Molly had passed I started to get used to not having a dog around. That was a life I knew I didn't want and when I made the decision to rescue this time around.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

I'm so sorry for your loss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join