It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New years lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hello everyone

I have seen a total of two unexplained things in the sky. I remember this on new years eve of 2011, we had just counted down and I was outside having a smoke. I looked up and I saw these lights twinkling and moving smoothly and in numbers. I was quite drunk but was so excited to see them no one else seemed as intrested in them as me which was very frustrating!. A few moments later as I am a bit of a skeptic I thought they might just be some sort of objects like lanterns with balloons attached someone had let go. It was strange that it was right after count down witch tells me someone would find it perfect time for a hoax. Any ways I thought someone had to have filmed this so I typed in on youtube.

www.youtube.com...

What do you all think???

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

What first comes to mind is chinese lanterns......

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Wow I just watched that video with sound, ignore the innapropriate music with it. But ya I have to agree with you on the chinese lanterns

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah, Chinese Lanterns are relatively common and points of lights at night are 99% explainable (satellites, stars. planets, planes, helis, experimental AF stuff).

I've seen some lights that do really weird "impossible" maneuvers... like stopping, turning on a dime, zig-zagging, etc. and once two lights that looked and moved like fast satellites, except one was going West, one East (Satellites usually travel West to East) met in the sky over my city ...stopped a moment and then whipped around each other like they were tethered together and then zipped off at incredible speed in opposite directions... gone over the horizon in 3 to 5 seconds. That was really unidentified!

I have also seen lights (twice) zoom across the horizon and then arc up and seemingly out to space... my only guess at explainable was a meteor that glanced against the atmosphere then returned to space... or a black project aircraft that is spectacular!

The long, white cylinder hanging motionless over my city in broad daylight and the diamond shaped, glowing orange craft silently cruising over my neighborhood in the wee hours are the two that really made me rethink what I thought I knew about our world, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

my second experience was sort of like you explained. I thought it was a satellite at first but then it changed direction very smoothly. it was a solid light no flashing but it was quite small ( im even surprised I spotted it) it would move down then turn left very abruptly and continue for a few seconds then down again. It eventually dimmed to nothing but was very strange and unexplainable to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

Yup... that one is a toughie... and by definition a "UFO."

I am firmly of a mind that there are "others" here with unknown flying devices... or perhaps they ARE the devices, heh... besides my own "proof," the overwhelming evidence of close family-friends as well as credible reports from millions of strangers cements that.

But man, although the explanation that aliens from other worlds are visiting (or live here) only makes sense in this huge universe... some of the stuff surrounding this phenomena seems even weirder than one would expect from insanely advanced tech... although insanely advanced tech could take any form.

So I'm of the opinion that much is still unknown about this world we exist in and the answers are not just elusive, but likely to end up being mind-blowing.

Heh, "mind bending" is a pretty safe bet as the questions are strange enough without the answers.

edit on 4/15/2014 by Baddogma because: clean-up half-assed post

join