It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine & West Effectively Losing Regions to Russia!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
With all the propaganda pouring from various sources these days I have been reading between the lines.

Latest developments only confirm my theory that there will be no real war as Ukraine will not/can not act to suppress pro - Russian uprising.

Government offered a deadline for the pro - Russian Russians (funny, eh?) occupying buildings in Eastern regions of the country but after deadline has passed didn't react at all.

Even worse for them, they softened in their approach.

It proves what I've mention before, they failed from the beginning.

If they react with violence, they lose, if they offer something like that (more autonomy) and who knows what - they lose.

Kiev backpedals on referendums after deadline to stop protest expires

Just after a deadline set by Kiev for protesters in eastern Ukraine to vacate seized buildings expired, Parliament-appointed PM Arseny Yatsenyuk pledged to push through a law allowing regional referendums in the country.

Ukraine leader Yatsenyuk offers powers to troubled east

Ukraine's interim prime minister has offered to devolve more powers to eastern regions, where pro-Russian separatists are defying the government.

The U-turn comes after Ukraine’s elite Alpha unit reportedly refused to obey an order to besiege protester-held buildings. At a session of law enforcement officials in Donetsk, one of the Alpha commanders said that he and his men are a force intended for rescuing hostages and fighting terrorism and will only act in accordance with the law, local media reported.

edit on 11-4-2014 by demus because: backing up

edit on 11-4-2014 by demus because: voting on mind change

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Good news , thanks for sharing . The way the western propaganda has been spinning this you would think that Russia had installed nukes in the east but all the real pictures show is protesters with molacoft cocktails and tires .I am glad the people from the different regions will have a chance to decide which way they want to go and are able to refuse to follow the western installed Nazi puppets in Kiev .

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We want out of Ukraine: Donetsk protesters dig in at government building

more proof for my theory:

When the power went out Monday night, many inside believed Ukraine's special forces were coming to retake the building. But the Ukrainian military is nowhere to be seen, and the mood of the protesters is growing ever more defiant.

Ukrainian officials say they won't storm the building for now. But the acting President says those who have seized buildings will be treated as "terrorists" and prosecuted with the full force of the law.

Ukraine offers 'amnesty' to rebels

Ukraine being in the corner - any decision is a bad decision, being too soft?

and then this:

Ukraine's acting president has promised that pro-Russian activists occupying government buildings in the eastern cities of Donetsk and Luhansk will not be prosecuted if they lay down their arms.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by demus

Good news , thanks for sharing . The way the western propaganda has been spinning this you would think that Russia had installed nukes in the east but all the real pictures show is protesters with molacoft cocktails and tires .I am glad the people from the different regions will have a chance to decide which way they want to go and are able to refuse to follow the western installed Nazi puppets in Kiev .

What about those people in caucuasus that the Russians keeps putting down everytime they have been fighting for independence for decades? Sure that would mean Russia loses a bunch of its oil and other valuable resources and would face economic collapse but, you say you are are glad to see "the people from the different regions will have a chance to decide which way they want to go" right? Maybe the west should start arming and training them or send in troops and have them vote. You would support that, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just going by your headline only....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Correction: The PEOPLE are losing.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

What I am saying is that the people who live there should have the right to decide their Government .They should also have the right to decide the name they want to call their country but it seems because some British guy many years ago decided to draw lines on a map and call it a country and create a law recognizing said map as the boundaries to countries we have a problem that will not be resolved easily .These artificial countries that were arbitrarily created were once made from natural languages . That is why the french are in France ,the English are in England ,the Russians are in Russia where ever that may be . It's not a good situation and it is not something that will be fixed very easy .But a bigger issue is that a outside nation (US in this case ) couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to install a Nazi puppet Govt , instead of allowing the people of Ukraine decide in May ...Now they have things frigged up to the point that it looks like Ukraine is going to completely collapse and be another failed state ,all because of the Neo-Cons running Washington .....that is what I am saying

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

MrSpad

the2ofusr1
reply to post by demus

What about those people in caucuasus that the Russians keeps putting down everytime they have been fighting for independence for decades? Sure that would mean Russia loses a bunch of its oil and other valuable resources and would face economic collapse but, you say you are are glad to see "the people from the different regions will have a chance to decide which way they want to go" right? Maybe the west should start arming and training them or send in troops and have them vote. You would support that, right?

by "those people in Caucasus that the Russians keeps putting down everytime" you mean armed rebels, some countries in the world would also call them terrorists?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

You might like to listen to this piece ..Gerald Celente is talking on a radio show and brings in more history to the story that goes back before it was in the news ..www.youtube.com...

ETA a new artical by Craig Roberts www.informationclearinghouse.info...

edit on 11-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by demus

You might like to listen to this piece ..Gerald Celente is talking on a radio show and brings in more history to the story that goes back before it was in the news ..www.youtube.com...

ETA a new artical by Craig Roberts www.informationclearinghouse.info...

edit on 11-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

yeah, Celente really offers different view, one that you will never here in the sponsored media.
that fact alone adds to his credibility.
he is probably not correct 100% but worth listening to get information/opinion from another point of view.
actually, news should be doing that, obviously.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ukraine has the authority to stabilise its own internal affairs and preserve its own national integrity, Russia does not

To say otherwise is ridiculous

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Just going by your headline only....

Rainbows
Jane

Swing & roundabouts

Let's fill in the missing colour of this misleading propaganda jane

you should at least attempt to understand why the picture you provided, is so jane, I'm sure you know your history, because prior to WWII the map looked very much as it did on the right of your image

Let's not forget these people have every right to want protection from there previous brutal rulers from NATO

This is Russia btw jane... Anything that isn't orange has the right to seek NATO protection & membership or friendly relations

edit on 11-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by MrSpad

What I am saying is that the people who live there should have the right to decide their Government .They should also have the right to decide the name they want to call their country

So all the people that want to leave Russia and call their country something else you are for them leaving right?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

your map is not really correct.

austria was never part of communist bloc and yugoslavia was not from1948.

overall, what were you trying to say?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

You are missing my point completely. All I was merely tying to show, based on the title of the thread, is that in the 10 year time frame of the map, how much of a 'land grab' the EU, read IMF, World Bank, Nato et all, have achieved.

Unfortunately for many of the citizens of these countries, they are learning to their cost, what a bad idea it was to join an 'exclusive' club which only benefits banks, corporations and a 'war machine'. There is hardly any wonder there is a growing cry of 'better the devil you know', whether it be from EU members wanting out of EU and reclaiming their own sovereignty or 'satellite' states of the former Soviet Union wanting to be 'repatriated'. And all the while the cry of the individual citizens of these nations are falling on deaf ears.

Secession is a growing wave, not just in Europe but in the US as well. Why? Because basically people are sick to the back teeth of being dictated to, and fleeced by the aforementioned, and want to take responsibility back for their own local community.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I was thinking more along the lines of letting them decide their options ,seeing they are the ones living there and have a lot better knowledge as to their history and geographic location .

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

I was thinking more along the lines of letting them decide their options ,seeing they are the ones living there and have a lot better knowledge as to their history and geographic location .

Great .. so the people living in Russian territory that no longer want to be part of Russia they should form their own country, right? As you said "they are the ones living there and have a lot better knowledge as to their history and geographic location ." So if Crimea wants to break away, let it. Chechnya and Dagestan should break away and form their own country and no longer be part of Russia, right, you support that right?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Unlike the attitude the west takes in saying what people should do like you have suggested I think it is up to them to decide for themselves without you or I telling them what they should or should not do ..This is one of the latest reports coming out from east Ukraine and it would appear that a referendum is in the near future www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

angelchemuel
You are missing my point completely. All I was merely tying to show, based on the title of the thread, is that in the 10 year time frame of the map, how much of a 'land grab' the EU, read IMF, World Bank, Nato et all, have achieved.

It's not a "land grab". That is the language of ignorance. Nations are not forced to join NATO or the EU. They do so because they will benefit. It is notable that when the Cold War was lost by the Soviets most nations under their brutal jackboot have applied for and joined the liberal and prosperous West.

I am not a fan of the EU per se, but show me any member who has joined since 1990 and who have not benefited over and above what would have been the case if they stayed either non aligned or in the Russian camp.

Regards

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

paraphi

angelchemuel

Nations are not forced to join NATO or the EU.

No, nations are not forced, nations are persuaded to join.
Nations do not join NATO and EU because they have alternatives but because/if they don't have alternatives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join