It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Hand UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So today walking my dogs in the park with an acquaintance, i mentioned my interest in ufo's and aliens and he told me about his own real life sighting - this happened 30 years ago in Russia.

Apparently, he and some friends where in a remote cabin in the woods, miles from anything. They drank that night, not to the extent of hallucinations though. One of them was smoking outside when he spotted something descending down slowly, so they all came to have a look. What they saw was a "large spaceship that came down and then some smaller craft came out from it." He took a photo of it as well.

I asked if he still had the photo but when he left Russia at the time he couldn't bring anything with him - must have been some political stuff going on at the time, who knows.

I'm extremely fascinated by his encounter and will ask him further next time i see him. This is the first time I've heard directly from anyone witnessing anything like this first hand. I'm an immediate believer. What say you?
edit on 9-4-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As you said, it is hearsay. But there are so many people who have seen so many things (including me) that you have to keep an open mind, I think.

I've noticed that a lot of UFO sightings occur at night when someone is outside smoking. Anyone else notice that?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefendit
As you said, it is hearsay. But there are so many people who have seen so many things (including me) that you have to keep an open mind, I think.

I've noticed that a lot of UFO sightings occur at night when someone is outside smoking. Anyone else notice that?

Yes, because people, for the most part, don't smoke indoors anymore. A lot more people outside at night, with not a lot to look at but the sky...

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

What they saw was a "large spaceship that came down and then some smaller craft came out from it." He took a photo of it as well. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cool, how was it determined it was spaceship?

Any description of this craft?

I asked if he still had the photo but when he left Russia at the time he couldn't bring anything with him - must have been some political stuff going on at the time, who knows. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What political stuff could prevent a person from carrying a photo on them?

Did he leave the country naked?

What say you?

Nothing at the moment, its to vague to really say anything.

If you could find out some more details that would be great.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What say you?
reply to post by andre18

To me....second hand UFO stories are like second hand underwear...I certainly don't want them.

This guys story is just that...a story, with an extremely low probability of being real.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

deadcalm
To me....second hand UFO stories are like second hand underwear...I certainly don't want them.
This guys story is just that...a story, with an extremely low probability of being real.

I think they're entertaining (like second-hand underwear).
But that's the only value they have because no more information can be gleaned from them and nothing can be proven.
So, cool. Whatever.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
We have to get away from this pseudo scientific disdain that personally related data gets hung with....
Discounting a whole gamut of evidentiary testimony is very counterproductive, and falls into the machinations of those who would keep us ignorant as possible....
Lets drop the snarkyness we tend to meet anything that has no concrete proof with....The truth is that many people have seen unexplainable things that constitute a puzzle for all mankind....it knows no borders and no social constraints....
Comeon people now......stop playing along with the paradigm and open your minds to the possibilities rather than the impossibilities.....
Pics or it didn't happen hardly cuts it...............

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

stirling
Comeon people now......stop playing along with the paradigm and open your minds to the possibilities rather than the impossibilities...

Yeah, but even accepting the story as 100 percent true, what do we get from it? What grand insight do we get? That there are alien spaceships flying around? Where in the story is it proven that they were ET spaceships? We can't just jump to that conclusion. It's Russia. Who knows what kind of secret aircraft are flying around?

So what are the possibilities? That some guys saw something odd in the sky? That's not tremendously paradigm shattering.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

stirling
We have to get away from this pseudo scientific disdain that personally related data gets hung with....
Discounting a whole gamut of evidentiary testimony is very counterproductive, and falls into the machinations of those who would keep us ignorant as possible....
Lets drop the snarkyness we tend to meet anything that has no concrete proof with....The truth is that many people have seen unexplainable things that constitute a puzzle for all mankind....it knows no borders and no social constraints....
Comeon people now......stop playing along with the paradigm and open your minds to the possibilities rather than the impossibilities.....
Pics or it didn't happen hardly cuts it...............

Agreed 1000%.
Special emphasis on the part of your post that I underlined. That crosses my mind every time in these instances. I knew I wasn't the only one who shares a similar thought.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Years ago I saw something I could not identify, but I can't say if it was aliens or Earthly. That's why the U is in UFO.

I could have then told my friend I saw something and that I think it was a green tiger with wings and a clown face, with just as much proof.

If he had an open mind then he posts my story on a site, should that really mean much of anything? How would the paradigm shift if open minded people hearing my story from him took it to heart as a possibility?
edit on 4/9/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I asked if he still had the photo but when he left Russia at the time he couldn't bring anything with him

That doesn't answer the question-- so what did he do with it?

My two cents

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

It sounds believable but...ask him what they were doing in the woods and why he had the camera with him. See if he gives you immediate answers.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

InhaleExhale

Cool, how was it determined it was spaceship?
Any description of this craft?

All i've said so far is all i know, he didn't say too much that i really understood - Russian accent.

What political stuff could prevent a person from carrying a photo on them?

Did he leave the country naked?

Lol no
but i'm assuming it was something where he couldn't leave will all his possessions n had to leave quickly. Again, who knows. I'll have to ask.

If you could find out some more details that would be great.

Will do! thx

edit on 10-4-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

deadcalm

Why do you say that? What makes you think he's lying?

It at least sounded to me from the way he mentioned it, that it was simply something that once happened to him a long time ago.

He's not the type to make crap up for no reason. Apparently he works in nuclear 'something.' Very heavy stuff to say the least.
edit on 10-4-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Camping or hiking was why, can't remember which. Is it really worth questioning why someone would bring a camera, on an out door trip? Maybe you're a little too suspect? maybe not (shrugs) In terms of immediate answers, he takes his time to speak, he's not like a young person whose ready to react to everything, i'm not going to quiz him for answers like some policemen at a precinct

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefenditI've noticed that a lot of UFO sightings occur at night when someone is outside smoking. Anyone else notice that?

If I were a marketing guy for Big Tobacco I'd start a "increase your chances of seeing a UFO- smoke!" campaign.

new topics

top topics

join