It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Fed Agents and Snipers in Nevada Battle with Local Rancher

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

GreenMtnBoys
reply to post by butcherguy

No most of the country eats feedlot beef where cattle are fattened for the last 6-12 months of their life. You have no clue what you are taking about. MIG/rotational grazing requires more water yes. But it can be done all over the country and is more efficient. Oregon to Alabama. Maybe we shouldn't be raising cattle in the desert ever think of that?

I agree that raising cattle in the desert is a bad idea, economics is what stops most people from doing it.
If we include the stuff that comes in fast food burgers and frozen foods as beef, then a lot it comes from used up tuberculosis ridden dairy cows. I don't call that beef.

I prefer a 15/16 Charolais Hereford cross raised in a stable with grain chop(with molasses) started after the milk replacer. That is pretty good beef.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I prefer 100% grass fed and finished rotationally grazed Wagyu/blk Angus cross with a whole carcass 21 day dry age. Screw grain and corn. Alfalfa and clover is all cattle need along with access to fresh green grass.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"And they burned these #ing people alive, because the message they wanna convey to you is, state power will always win. We'll paint you as a child molester and we'll paint you as a methamphetamine manufacturer. We'll say any lie we want over our propaganda machine, the main stream media, and we'll burn you and your children in your #ing homes. So you just be apathetic America, you stay docile, and don't you ever forget, you're free to do what we tell you." - Bill Hicks

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Id prefer we stuck to the topic at hand and don't much care what youse all eat.....
This dude is trying to make a point (however misguided) for the rest of us.....
He refused to pay the FEDs grazing taxes but maybe not the state......
It looks as if hes again any kind of FEDERAL management of his home states lands.....specially for such dumb reasons....
What gives the FEDS the right to shuck people off the free range they been grazing for generations?
Or to charge cash money for the right to graze there?
This would be states prerogative I believe and not a residual power the Feds could usurp....
Further more its bloody common knowledge that when money is refused the government they merely begin to jack up the amount till it becomes an insurmountable mess for their opponent.....
The old guy is not thieving hes fighting for you.....

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

imitator
Wow the feds are on a grave robbing spree, just recently antiques and art from an old man.... now it's the old farmer cattle and land!!!

The gold in fort knox must be gone!!!

edit on 8-4-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

The old man contacted the FBI and asked them to return the collection and this old man didn't pay his grazing fees. Why should this man be able to profit from land that belongs to the people?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

buster2010

imitator
Wow the feds are on a grave robbing spree, just recently antiques and art from an old man.... now it's the old farmer cattle and land!!!

The old man contacted the FBI and asked them to return the collection and this old man didn't pay his grazing fees. Why should this man be able to profit from land that belongs to the people?

While I agree with the FBI and the old man and his antiquities thing..................

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? When you said, "that land belongs to the people."?????????

Tell that to anyone whom has had their property stolen thru "emanate domain"!!!!

Get a GD grip man! Nothing belongs to the people anymore unless they pay the Feds to possess it!
edit on 8-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

buster2010

imitator

Again, International oil producers profit from crude oil and water freely given to them...Why is this not an issue??? Why pick on a rancher whose cattle eat sparse grass that would benefit no one else???

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So, if this rancher 'pays a fee' he can endanger the turtles all he wants? Isn't that considered extortion?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

nugget1
So, if this rancher 'pays a fee' he can endanger the turtles all he wants? Isn't that considered extortion?

What I have been trying portray this whole thread! Hypocrisy at it's finest if you ask me! But then again, when it comes to the government, money seems to ALWAYS solve our problems, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

nugget1

My thoughts exactly!...Its not about endangered turtles...its about power and geed and eliminating any and all rights
people have in this country.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

I read about this story on Jones' Infowars page. They have some images of the snipers in a youtube clip in the article. Whether the government has a valid claim or not, the idea of constitution free zones is vile. The more obvious factor is that the media is avoiding the subject, which has become a prime indicator of nefarity. The sad thing is there never seems to be a shortage of people willing to take up arms against their fellow man for a paycheck. Oven feeders, just following orders, who will no doubt quash this man's rights to due process, and probably take his life.

www.infowars.com...

AX
FTNWO

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Right...so they're doing this to "protect the endangered tortoise"...

Federal funds for a Nevada-based desert tortoise conservation center are running dry and wildlife officials plan to close the facility and euthanize hundreds of tortoises that were once classified as “endangered” and are currently considered “threatened.”

Government plans to euthanize hundreds of threatened desert tortoises it was supposed to protect

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

freakjive
Right...so they're doing this to "protect the endangered tortoise"...

Federal funds for a Nevada-based desert tortoise conservation center are running dry and wildlife officials plan to close the facility and euthanize hundreds of tortoises that were once classified as “endangered” and are currently considered “threatened.”

Government plans to euthanize hundreds of threatened desert tortoises it was supposed to protect

Nice catch!

Now can we see thru the BullsNit????

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

This has nothing to do with the tortoise.

The whole mess began in 1993 when he decided he wasn't going to pay the grazing fee anymore because of his mormon ancestors had worked the land for decades excuse.

It wasn't until five years later that they declared it off-limits to cattle and made it a designated habitat for them.

edit on 8-4-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

thesaneone

This has nothing to do with the tortoise.

From the OP Source Article (This is how this began.)

The land was finally declared off-limits for cattle in 1998 and became a designated habitat for the federally protected desert tortoise. That same year, a judge ordered Bundy to remove his cattle. He refused to comply.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenMtnBoys

I don't eat beef anyway. My point was to the old way of doing things (which you call antiquated). My heart goes with this guy and his cattle which he lets "range" free on "gubment land".

Besides, cattle are herbivores, not cyclic-vores or whatever you call them. They know what they want to eat, if you'll allow it.

Is your Mtn. boy stance against my understanding of "beef" or this thread about the last of the Mohicans?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No, re-read the article, his troubles began in 93 when he stopped paying the grazing fees and in a court document he had said his reasoning was because he shouldn't have to pay because his Mormon ancestry worked the lands for decades prior.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There is quite a bit of misinformation being thrown about in this thread.

Mr. Bundy has not had land "taken" from him. The range land in question has always been federal land; eminent domain was not used.
In 1993 and every year since, he has chosen not to pay the permit fees required to run his cattle into the BLM to graze, claiming his family was "working the land" before the BLM was enacted as an agency. So basically he feels he is above the law.

The Southern Nevada BLM has over 100,000 acres available for cattle grazing (outside of the this Gold Butte area) Mr. Bundy can't seem to be bothered to make use of those. Source

The Gold Butte area isn't just for Desert Tortoise conservation. It also has 4500 year old petroglyphs, of the Moapa Piute, such as this, and other culturally significant areas that many folks and local businesses are trying to have protected. Friends of Gold Butte

The native tribes of the area would seem to have a higher claim to this land and its use than this loud-mouthed rancher.

This particular 600,000 acres has been off limits to Bundy's cattle since 1998.

In 1998, a federal judge issued a permanent injunction against the white-haired rancher, ordering his cattle off the land and setting off a long series of legal filings.
www.latimes.com...

The "free speech zones" were set up by the Feds to allow large groups of protestors to congregate without first obtaining a permit, which is normally required for such demonstrations.

Regarding the alleged tortoise euthanasia:

All healthy tortoises at the Center will be relocated to sites that will support the recovery of the species. Healthy tortoises will not be euthanized.
source

Looking at photos of the area, it looks like piss poor feed for cattle, and what little water is to be found, must surely be fouled by the over 1000 head this man let roam.

The Gold Butte area.

edit on 4/8/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/8/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

thesaneone

No, re-read the article, his troubles began in 93 when he stopped paying the grazing fees and in a court document he had said his reasoning was because he shouldn't have to pay because his Mormon ancestry worked the lands for decades prior.

Thank you for the clarification. I reread the article and another to further understand the situation.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

seeker1963

buster2010

imitator

While I agree with the FBI and the old man and his antiquities thing..................

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? When you said, "that land belongs to the people."?????????

Tell that to anyone whom has had their property stolen thru "emanate domain"!!!!

Get a GD grip man! Nothing belongs to the people anymore unless they pay the Feds to possess it!
edit on 8-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

This land is public land he was supposed to pay to allow his cattle to feed on it and he stopped paying. So there is no emanate domain crap going on here. For emanate domain to happen the guy would have had to own the land but he didn't now did he? So you need to get a grip on reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join