It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A drunken plea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

The key, for me was to relax. Imagine you're drowning... stop fighting and relax. You will find that you are naturally bouyant, and your spirit will keep you afloat no matter what. Just enjoy the ride.

Wise words there, thanks for the visualization.

reply to post by OpenEars123

Acknowledging a problem is the first step. It's just a matter of adding to or taking something away from your life. Remove any source of depressive factors, like alcohol and boredom, and add some new source of happiness and worth.
I have felt like you before, and I went to volunteer at Habitat For Humanity. It was a great experience for all involved. We felt of more worth, cared for someone else besides ourselves, heard stories of old and bits of wisdom from the elders we worked for and filled our time with something constructive while helping folks out at the same time.

Have you ever delved into your creative potential? Learn to play an instrument, paint/draw, photograph etc…? I feel that idle time can only add to your problem unless you utilize that time positively somehow.

From Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon "When life is hard you have to change…."

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Destinyone

You say you like to help people. I admire that in a person. Want to help be with a website?

I have practically no talent on doing my own website. How's that for offering you something to do...

You sound as if you're in a slump. Do you get out much?

Des

I'm very good at making websites and I'd love to help a fellow member. U2U if interested.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

OpenEars123
Well it's 3:22am, and to be honest I expected some sarky comments.
But instead I got some wonderful comments and advice.
So for that I thank each and every one of you, that might sound cliché but I mean it.

I'm actually going to go to sleep now with peace (again cliché lol) no but really, thank you all. Night night

If you can type the "e" in "cliche" with that little accent mark thingie when you are drunk, just imagine what you can do when you are sober!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
granted, i am pretty drunk myself. But did the OP actually say something?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Do you have to be drunk to read it?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So, did you feel better after your sleep?

I hope that you did. It was certainly good that other ATS members offered some kind words, but then, that's why I like coming here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join