It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A drunken plea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

edit on 6/4/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

OpenEars123
I'm gifted with so many things, everyone who knows me or meets me speaks very highly of me .
All i want to do is help people, I love it.
Helping anyone that I can really hits home with me. HOWEVER! I am lazy and have ZERO ambition/goals.
Don't get me wrong, I learnt to love myself quite a few years back, I really just think I'm lazy.
I'm 40 years old, and am starting to really regret every day that I waste.
I am so lucky and privileged, yet I don't appreciate just how much so.

I'm a dick, where do I go from here?

*already regretting posting this*

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I can't even post a message properly

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe you're just on a spiritual vacation

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

That's the joy of drunken posts... lol

Getting old makes you aware of time, doesn't it? Now that you realized it, you at least have an opportunity to act. I say go!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

You know what? I really dig spirituality. I've just been too lazy/scared to embrace it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You say you like to help people. I admire that in a person. Want to help be with a website?

I have practically no talent on doing my own website. How's that for offering you something to do...

You sound as if you're in a slump. Do you get out much?

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Thanks dude i like it. You're actually spot on. I've had a few minor health issues this year, which made me realise I'm not invincible any more.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

OpenEars123
I'm gifted with so many things, everyone who knows me or meets me speaks very highly of me .
All i want to do is help people, I love it.
Helping anyone that I can really hits home with me. HOWEVER! I am lazy and have ZERO ambition/goals.
Don't get me wrong, I learnt to love myself quite a few years back, I really just think I'm lazy.
I'm 40 years old, and am starting to really regret every day that I waste.
I am so lucky and privileged, yet I don't appreciate just how much so.

I'm a dick, where do I go from here?

*already regretting posting this*

Peace

1. Stop your damn drinking!!

2. Go to bed early.
3. Get up early.
4. Shower.
5. Leave the house.
6. Everything else will happen naturally. Let it.
7. Go to step 1.

Good luck my friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh Des, I have enjoyed so many of your posts, and am very touched with your offer and honesty! Honestly I'm not the best person for making websites, but I absolutely love your post.
Thank you

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

You are (annoyingly) absolutely bloody right!
Stopping drinking is a game changer, it's good to hear someone say that.
Big thumbs up!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oops, i forgot to answer your question (do i get out much?)
Yes I pop over my local pub fairly regularly, met a new click also over the last year.
But i know popping over the pub regularly is getting me nowhere, regardless of how cool the people are.
I'm pretty social, but it's all wasted if I'm being honest.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

lol Same here. I know how hard it is to just try and start the machine again on occasions.

Here's for your health!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

NowanKenubi

lol Same here. I know how hard it is to just try and start the machine again on occasions.

Here's for your health!

Thanks! But I don't think my machine has started for a few years now.
I think i need to find my passion and go for it.
But I'm a lazy unappreciative dick

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

OpenEars123
reply to post by minkmouse

You know what? I really dig spirituality. I've just been too lazy/scared to embrace it.

Here's a thought for you. What if you aren't actualy scared or lazy about embracing it? You already admit that you "dig" spirituality, so what makes you think you are lazy or scared?

Fear of something is simply an acknowledgement that you are unsettled by the unknown. We all start at that point, and learning to cope with the unknown is what helps the fear to go away.

I would consider myself to be very spiritual. I do not try hard to be spiritual. Rather, I take the lazy approach. I just make myself open to spiritual events. Call me crazy, or mad, or stupid, but it works. Spiritual events come to me without any effort. Perhaps I'm seeing things that aren't there, I don't know for sure either way, because everything is subjective when you really think about it.

I'm a bit younger than you, and I have in the past felt quite mortal. In fact, I once posted about how I felt I was living on "borrowed time". Occasionally I still get that niggling feeling at the back of my mind. Yet, one thing never goes away - I don't need to try to be spiritual, I just am. How do I know this? I let life take its course. I don't try to control things (which is very, very hard sometimes), and I let life run its course.

Of course, there are times when I do actively make things happen - such as booking flights to go away for two weeks to someplace exciting, but I try not to plan too much, and I enjoy every moment as it happens.

The key, for me was to relax. Imagine you're drowning... stop fighting and relax. You will find that you are naturally bouyant, and your spirit will keep you afloat no matter what. Just enjoy the ride.

Peace and all the best!!!

I'm alway on PM if you want to chat more.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Woah, Thank you!

I read your post with great care. My very 1st response/feeling is that you are naturally spiritual, as in that is who you are meant to be, and you worked this out and 'get it'
I like that lot, and your advice is definitely sound.
I don't fear spiritually, i guess I'm just avoiding it.
I believe once it's embraced it takes some commitment (i could be wrong!) So if and when my time comes, i want to do it properly.

Reading this back is making me think it's a cop out

I don't believe in religion, but i do wholeheartedly believe in spiritually, meditation and enlightenment.
Hopefully one day I'll experience it.

Thank you for your post

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well it's 3:22am, and to be honest I expected some sarky comments.
But instead I got some wonderful comments and advice.
So for that I thank each and every one of you, that might sound cliché but I mean it.

I'm actually going to go to sleep now with peace (again cliché lol) no but really, thank you all. Night night

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thanks for your amazing and kind words.

I was surprised you said you wanted to "do it properly". What's to say you aren't doing it properly now? I certainly don't have any idea if I'm "doing it" properly. I have read a lot. I occasionally dabble in religious texts, or spiritual texts, and many of these all point to one thing - that truth comes from within.

Listen to your heart. You will know what's right, and when it feels right just go with it.

To give you a glaring example, you started this thread. It clearly felt right at the time, and you took the courage to make post, and clicked the button to post it out here for the whole world to see. That's courageous. You shared something from within. There aren't many people who are too comfortable doing something like that in this day and age - it's all about being better than others and hiding behind a mask. Of course, the natural reaction is to immediately ridicule yourself and pretend you didn't mean any of what you said, but that's a behaviour that with time you can change.

Don't compare yourself to others... In doing that you are on a slippery slope to no where. No one has any more clue about being 'right' than anyone else. I can't tell you if you are doing the right thing, because even I haven't got a clue. It's about the experience more than getting it 'right'. Of course you can do good things for yourself, for others, for the world, but who's to say that's right? I know it feels good doing things like that, so I keep doing it...

You've got feelings. Trust them, trust yourself.

Above all - smile.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

dampnickers

Thanks for your amazing and kind words.

I was surprised you said you wanted to "do it properly". What's to say you aren't doing it properly now? I certainly don't have any idea if I'm "doing it" properly. I have read a lot. I occasionally dabble in religious texts, or spiritual texts, and many of these all point to one thing - that truth comes from within.

Listen to your heart. You will know what's right, and when it feels right just go with it.

To give you a glaring example, you started this thread. It clearly felt right at the time, and you took the courage to make post, and clicked the button to post it out here for the whole world to see. That's courageous. You shared something from within. There aren't many people who are too comfortable doing something like that in this day and age - it's all about being better than others and hiding behind a mask. Of course, the natural reaction is to immediately ridicule yourself and pretend you didn't mean any of what you said, but that's a behaviour that with time you can change.

Don't compare yourself to others... In doing that you are on a slippery slope to no where. No one has any more clue about being 'right' than anyone else. I can't tell you if you are doing the right thing, because even I haven't got a clue. It's about the experience more than getting it 'right'. Of course you can do good things for yourself, for others, for the world, but who's to say that's right? I know it feels good doing things like that, so I keep doing it...

You've got feelings. Trust them, trust yourself.

Above all - smile.

Sir i can't thank you enough!! I actually need to sit with you for an evening and just listen,.
PM me please, you've got through to me.

Edit: No one has got through to me yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

PM sent.

<<   2 >>

join