It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

japanese fighter jets scramble to intercept russian warplanes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think something may be going on with Japan.
They seem at their wits end with first the order to intercept NK missiles and now having to scramble fighter jets because of Russia.

I am pretty sure that there is something going on in that area of the world something that we do not know about and maybe it is the flashpoint that initiates conflict in the next couple months. Im not sure about rt.com being a good source anymore and this could be nothing.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

Rt.com

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There was that one Russian ally of Putin, that supposedly said it wasn't too late to correct old mistakes.

A Bit of history to learn, could be the events leading up to the use of Atomic weapons in japan.

It can be argued, part of the use, was to prevent the need and obligation, that Letting Russia help in the war in the Pacific would bring.

Something I believe they had just started to fulfill when we dropped the bombs negating the need and the deals made for their support there, they had already made in roads liberating China, it was feared that if they made it to Japan they would want a piece of the post war spoils from it.

Something Truman did not feel comfortable honoring what FDR had promised apparently.

So just food for thought, throwing out random postulations and speculating.
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Flyzoid
I think something may be going on with Japan.
They seem at their wits end with first the order to intercept NK missiles and now having to scramble fighter jets because of Russia.

I am pretty sure that there is something going on in that area of the world something that we do not know about and maybe it is the flashpoint that initiates conflict in the next couple months. Im not sure about rt.com being a good source anymore and this could be nothing.

Rt.com

US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is now here in Japan. It's all about this:

Hagel meets Abe, welcomes Japan's efforts

US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has welcomed the Japanese government's move to change the interpretation of the Constitution so as to allow the country to exercise its right to collective self-defense.

Yep! It's finally happening. Japan will now have it's right to collectively self defend itself. But what people don't know is that just a week ago high level talks in both North Korea and China by the Japanese have taken place.

What's happening now is? Stay tune. Because nothing happens here in Japan.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

As I understand, japan has disputed islands with China, North Korea and Russia. They are also historically disliked by those countries. I truly believe we are on the brink of war on many fronts. Most people do not realise the true reason WW2 was fought. Yes, there was a maniac leader in Germany. But it was fought over resources! History repeats itself. It will just take time...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Exactly,
In 1855 Russia signed the Shimoda Treaty acknowledging Japan"s control over a few islands. In 1945, after WWII, they occupied those islands and still do to this day. Now they are trying to develop the property and naturally tempers are flaring.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

I checked rt but could not find it.. can you give a direct link to the article please?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
These kinds of things happen all the time, its practically routine.
The US intercepted Russian planes a couple of times...with an F-22 Raptor, can you imagine their faces? whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Here's one,rt.com...

As you see it's over a year old, this has been going on for a while.

edit on 5-4-2014 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Also if true:

Japan to host Obama as state guest

The Japanese government has decided to welcome US President Barack Obama as a state guest during his visit to the country on April 24th and 25th.

Yesterday,there was big training going on with the police and other agencies to protect President Obama while visiting here. I guess they are afraid of some unknown terrorist groups living here in this rabbit hutches. LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by Flyzoid

I checked rt but could not find it.. can you give a direct link to the article please?

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
also in the news:
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has expressed his desire to see the US Defense Secretary's visit to Japan signal a strong message about the alliance between the 2 countries.

Chuck Hagel met Abe at the prime minister's official residence in Tokyo on Saturday shortly after his arrival in Japan.

The prime minister said the security environment in Asia is becoming increasingly severe, and he wants Hagel to send out a strong message during his visit that the Japan-US alliance remains unchanged.

This is Hagel's 4th tour of the Asian-Pacific region in the past year. He said one of the reasons for the current visit is reassuring US allies that the United States remains committed to its partners, friends and allies in the region.
Abe explained his government's defense efforts under its policies of working with other countries and contributing to peace proactively.

He cited the creation of the National Security Council last year and the formulation of a national security strategy. He also said his government is in the process of improving the legal foundation to better serve the Japan-US alliance and peace and stability of the region.

Hagel agreed to work with Japan when Abe asked for US help in relocating the US Futenma Marine Corps Station in Okinawa and reducing the burden on the local communities hosting US military facilities.

Hagel will meet Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera and Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida on Sunday.

Personally, I never understood why Japanese companies went to China to manufacture their products. Most Chinese officials see the Japanese as old time war enemies. Did you know that the Chinese wealthy come here to buy products that are made in China because you can't buy the stuff in China, weird I tell, but it's good for tourism, I kind of think it was set up that way also.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Dont you think that you should have said its a year old?

The way the OP was presented it made it feel like it was just happening.

This doesnt change anything. Its just old news.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

My link is old but the OP's is a new incident.
I just wanted to show this has happened before and it all started when the Russians started developing those islands.

ETA snakedoctor's link shows 12 different occasions spanning 14 months where Japan has scrambled jets in response to Russian intrusions.
edit on 5-4-2014 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
my link has the new one

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This stuff happens all the time. Is normal.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Japanese fighters intercepted Russian aircraft over 80 times in one QUARTER last year. This is such a non-story. This sort of thing happens almost every day.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Nothing out of the normal here. The Russia do this all over all the time.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
On the topic of the missile test, I will just copy and paste my post from the other thread:
When I lived in Tokyo in early 2012, there had been some missile tests and Japan really put their defense systems on high alert.
You could see Patriot Systems all arround the city and warships with anti missiles systems all over the Japanese sea.

This is a common thing to do by Japan, nothing out of the ordinary.

I am not saying the situation is not dangerous, but nothing special for them.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sorry it took so long to respond, I get your point about this being normal. I am probably wrong but I feel the japanese are truly being tested. By multiple countries. The point of this thread is to discuss the possibility that Japan may actually be the flashpoint. Everyone seems to be hung up on mideast, Russia, and a Ukrainian government that is full of corruption.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Ok, yes not unprecedented, but would you agree with all the different things going on in the world this could be more than just business as usual. So so much posturing going on right now. Countries are preparing themselves. They are planning for worst case, politically, economically and militarily. Picking sides and stealing money(sanctions).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join