It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ketsuko

amazing
So when you go to work there do they tell you that they are a Christian Organization and if you are a woman do they tell you that you won't be covered for contraception under their medical coverage?

No, since they cover contraception (hormonal pills), but it's probably clear that if I want Plan B or Ella (not contraception) or want one of two IUDs that I am playing for those on my own as I would be if I decided to get an abortion.

yeah, I guess I was just wondering how clear they make it. I mean if you work for a catholic hospital...you have an idea of what's not covered, but if you didn't know that Hobby Lobby was Christian, It might not be apparent until after you signed on and started working.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You got me at bacon lol.

link   

dukeofjive696969
Hell yea the circle jerkers are on the thread, using emotional responses to blur the ops question, keep it up boyz and girls, we get it its obumers fault lol.

This is particularly amusing coming from someone who likely complains bitterly about outsourcing every chance you can, but will gleefully use it to make perceived political points.

I get it. Outsourcing is bad unless you can use it to your advantage.

link   

amazing

ketsuko

amazing
So when you go to work there do they tell you that they are a Christian Organization and if you are a woman do they tell you that you won't be covered for contraception under their medical coverage?

No, since they cover contraception (hormonal pills), but it's probably clear that if I want Plan B or Ella (not contraception) or want one of two IUDs that I am playing for those on my own as I would be if I decided to get an abortion.

yeah, I guess I was just wondering how clear they make it. I mean if you work for a catholic hospital...you have an idea of what's not covered, but if you didn't know that Hobby Lobby was Christian, It might not be apparent until after you signed on and started working.

I don't think Hobby Lobby has ever hidden that fact.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have many issues about this manufactured outrage.

Among them is this:

The Yasmin lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing potential lawsuits for users of the Yaz or Yasmin birth control pill, as the drug maker has failed to adequately warn that otherwise healthy young women could face an increased risk of serious health problems caused by Yasmin side effects. - See more at: www.youhavealawyer.com...

www.yourlawyer.com...

Miraculously for some odd reason out of all big pharma products made.

Birth control is the 'safest'.

Which is why they are defending that epic stupidity.

I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Thanks for thinking for me your awsome, but so off topic, is it so hard to answer the question, i guess it is.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't get it.

Maybe because before there was birth control, child birth was the number one killer of women.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by beezzer

I have many issues about this manufactured outrage.

Among them is this:

The Yasmin lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing potential lawsuits for users of the Yaz or Yasmin birth control pill, as the drug maker has failed to adequately warn that otherwise healthy young women could face an increased risk of serious health problems caused by Yasmin side effects. - See more at: www.youhavealawyer.com...

www.yourlawyer.com...

Miraculously for some odd reason out of all big pharma products made.

Birth control is the 'safest'.

I don't get it.

It's a political issue, not a social, moral issue.

They (government) are in it for control.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

MentorsRiddle
Hypocrisy is saying you support the American Constitution, and then are in favor of a bill that slaps the Constitution in the face, and was passed in an illegal manner that is not coherent to the laws of the United States of America.

Hobby Lobby may be performing hypocritical acts (which I don't see - and is strictly business), but the administration struck first.

If you find this act of them performing business with China so outrageous, then perhaps you have a problem with China too, and need to stop using their products. Perhaps you should find every product you have that says made in China and cast it out.

And on a side note - no one is perfect, and everyone screws up & acts in their own self interests from time to time. But I suppose other people are perfect, and have the right to point the finger at others instead of pointing it at their self....
edit on 1-4-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)
Just have to agree with everything you said here! You know I don't think this admin gives a rat's ass about who HL provides "reproductive health coverage" to. I think they just want to stick it in the face of religious organizations. I'm sure it's some form of attack or payback as they know HL doesn't not support the liberal agenda. That's what this is about. Has nothing to do with their morals or concern.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

They (government) are in it for control.

Yes they are, and they sure do not like competition which is why they continually go after that religious institution.

There can be only one 'moral' authority.

Government knows best, and the 'masses' don't know jack.

link   

beezzer
the only issue I see is a government mandating against someone's beliefs.
I'd be fighting if the government was forcing bacon on muslims.
I'd be fighting if the government forced prayer on athiests.
I'm against government mandates.

Health Insurance is part of their Employees Compensation Package. As are Wages.

That being said....

If your employer held a strong belief in Temperance, should they be able to demand you do not spend any of your Wages on Single Malt?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

amazing

ketsuko

amazing

Well before all of this mess about them wanting a religious exemption I had no idea what their religious beliefs were even though I had been there a few times. It is a business they run it as a business and they look like any other business. It isn't like everyone goes out of their way to research the corporate ownership belief system when shopping for something. All I ever cared about is if they have what I am looking for and what it cost.

If they want to fight against the ACA that is fine but what they are doing is saying they are special because they have religion. The problem is they only want to reap benefits from religion on both sides. Making money off of abortion and not having to pay for it at the same time. They do not even come close to qualifying as a religious exemption in the first place.

edit on 1-4-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

BritofTexas

beezzer
the only issue I see is a government mandating against someone's beliefs.
I'd be fighting if the government was forcing bacon on muslims.
I'd be fighting if the government forced prayer on athiests.
I'm against government mandates.

Health Insurance is part of their Employees Compensation Package. As are Wages.

That being said....

If your employer held a strong belief in Temperance, should they be able to demand you do not spend any of your Wages on Single Malt?

Absolutely not. You can spend YOUR money however you like. Forcing the company to buy your booze for you though, would be a bit much.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Maybe because before there was birth control, child birth was the number one killer of women.

Is was ?

How the hell did mankind ever get along before the US government came around ?

Mandating big pharma corporate products that prohibit, and end human life.

Birth control is the number one 'people' killer, and many of those are women.
edit on 1-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

neo96

Birth control is the number one 'people' killer.
With abortion right up there.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by windword

Is was ?

How the hell did mankind ever get along before the US government came around ?

Mandating big pharma corporate products that prohibit, and end human life.

Birth control is the number one 'people' killer, and many of those are women.
edit on 1-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

It is all Gods will so by that measure God is the number one people killer.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why do you guys have to fill every thread that dosent fit your agenda with stuff that as nothing to do with the thread.

The question was, is it ok for hobby lobby to use there religious beliefs to not have to pay for contraception in the employees insurance plan.

But its ok for them to buy into a business that produces contraception pills, and do business with china who enforces abortion on women.

So whats the answer, not how you feel about the pill or governement enforcing policies.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Birth control is the number one 'people' killer.

That's something that ignorant fools preach!

They Are Coming for Your Birth Control: Don’t Forget about the “Baby Pesticides”

Radio Host Claims Your Womb is Full of Tiny Dead Baby Corpses

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

t is all Gods will so by that measure God is the number one people killer.

Really news to me.

Since some people say he doesn't exist.

But I see the path of death and destruction that thing people think is god has done.

Called the US government.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

BritofTexas
We all know Hobby Lobby and their little fight to deny Reproductive Health Care to their employees. They claim, of course, that it goes against their religious principles.

Let's look at their "Religious Principles" when it comes to the goods they trade.

Another sticking point for some is the issue of many of Hobby Lobby's products being made in China, which some critics argue does not demonstrate a "Christian business model" because the labor and wage regulations in other countries oftentimes differ from those in the U.S.

Christians Question Hobby Lobby's Defense, Biblical Stance Against Obamacare

So what is going on in China?

Almost every one of the pregnant women I spoke to had suffered a mandatory abortion. One woman told me how, when she was eight months pregnant with an illegal second child and was unable to pay the 20,000 yuan fine (about $3,200), family planning officers dragged her to the local clinic, bound her to a surgical table and injected a lethal drug into her abdomen.

China’s Brutal One-Child Policy

Obviously that is just an oversight. One call to let them know and they'd change their suppliers right?

Surely there can't be anything else.

Several of the mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan have holdings in companies that manufacture the specific drugs and devices that the Green family, which owns Hobby Lobby, is fighting to keep out of Hobby Lobby's health care policies: the emergency contraceptive pills Plan B and Ella, and copper and hormonal intrauterine devices.

OHH!

These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer, which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions.

Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers

So it seems that when it comes to Hobby Lobby only one PROPHET PROFIT matters.

Has the phrase "Jesus Wept" ever seemed more apt?

All about the $$$$$$$$$$$

God is a product

all talk and no walk

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join