It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Obamacare Approval rating

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Logarock
Recent reports say that 6 million have signed up. That's is not nearly enough to sustain this program.

How many does it take to sustain the program?

This number also represents a weak % of those that voted for Obama. In short we don't have anything near 50% of the population evolved in this program.

Millions and millions who support it (or some form of it) already have insurance, and therefore don't need the Affordable Care Act. I'm not sure you understand how it all works.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Well, be sure to thank someone else for your good gains.

Good Job.

When are you going to give up your internet/cell phones and the rest to help others pay theirs?

For some reason, I just don't believe you.

Can you prove this claim somehow?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And these people also said this:

and about polls:

Democrats are rallying back behind the 2010 health-care law and boosting President Obama's ratings for handling the law's rollout, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

But most Republicans and independents remain stubbornly opposed to Obama's signature first-term achievement, making the law a continued liability for Democratic candidates as this year's midterm election campaigns get underway. Independents are less negative about Republican efforts to reform the Affordable Care Act itself.

Democrats support for ......

Obamacare is gaining support.

Its interesting the aca is polling better than obamacare, but growing numbers of Americans love whats in the law. This and bingazzi is all you have?
edit on 1-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Too true, but Obama and co arnt the only blame. Obamas people wanted a single payer option. That's where there's a bare bones policy paid for by tax dollars for anyone who can't afford a Cadillac plan. What we got was a mix of that and the GOP insisting that instead we pay insurance companies to do it for profit. Rather than the government doing it to break even.

If "Obama's people" wanted single payer, they would have passed single payer.

You should know that no Republicans voted in favor of the PPACA.

Unless you can show us otherwise, especially where and how Republicans got a "mix" into the law and then voted against it?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by Ameilia

Over half the country voted for Obama, who ran on Obama care.... So why would 50% be hard to believe?
It was "free for you", but someone has to pay for it. Where do you think that money comes from? You empowered obama to steal it from other citizens and give it to you.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm still utterly amazed at the sheer level of indignation and objection from such a large amount of people on here - despite ATS being known for being populated largely [read: LARGELY, not solely, before anyone starts] by paranoid mental cases.".

Coming from the UK where we have the NHS, it strikes me as the only humane option. I wouldn't want to live in a society where we punish ill people for being poor. I can't even wrap my head around some of the objections on here. Disgusting, to be honest.

Fortunately Obamacare seems to be gaining some inertia now, and as time progresses the uncaring and selfish minority will be left behind.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Rezzij because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm a tax paying citizen lol. No kid where I get money back. I pay like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We need to remember that America wanted Healthcare reform. That was a key piece of Obama getting elected and re-elected. If you are opposed to ObamaCare, I can understand it...I know it's not perfect... but what kills me is that Republicans in the states here, keep saying that Obamacare needs to be Appealed, not fixed, but appealed - like in we don't need no stinkin healthcare reform!

We all know that laws can be changed amended and fixed. I find that telling. I also find it telling that. Republicans, knowing that American's want healthcare reform, still have NOT come up with a solid ---either fix, or complimentary legislation to make things better for American or a replacement legislation to replace Obamacare. Why is that? They've had 8 years. You can be sure, that this will be a battle cry in the next presidential election. Here's a news flash. You have your own, better healthcare reform all ready to go when Obamacare got repealed. And they wonder why our government is broken. That would make sense, right?
edit on 1-4-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Dude and no offence but I'm not sending you a medical bill of mine... Who would?

I will give you all the math I can tho.

I wait tables at 2 resteraunts, niether offers health insurance. I make prob like 25k a year. ( if I were lying I'd be a much bigger deal hehe). White male. Don't smoke. No child on my insurance.

The gov. Is willing to pay up to 289 a month on my insurance. I went with a PPO from Humana that cost 249 a month so mo bill for me. 25 planned dr. Visits. 75 for emergency room. 1000 deductible that doesn't come into play unless it's an elective or speacialty deal.

I think asking me to be upset about getting health insurance from the gov. Is like asking a corp to feel bad about a tax break.

If they cancel all the social programs do you really think they'll tax you less or give you money back???? Really?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I'm paying for it thru my taxes!! As well as the gov. Printing money to cover it of course.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

DarthMuerte
It was "free for you", but someone has to pay for it. Where do you think that money comes from? You empowered obama to steal it from other citizens and give it to you.

I volunteered to pay for it for other people. Yes, I know that sounds insane to some, but I am blessed to have a roof over my head, good food to eat and I can afford to buy everything I need and just about anything I want, so I don't mind paying extra to be sure that my country is one that doesn't turn poor people out into the street when they get sick.

I'm an atheist, but I happen to agree with Jesus when he said in Matthews, "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

And from Proverbs:

"Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."

People have gotten so terribly selfish recently! "What's in it for me"? is all they can seem to ask...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Your also paying for 1000$ a plate luncheons for congress, the NSA spying program. Picassos in every federal building, the Iraq war, where's the rage about all that?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

DarthMuerte

ArtemisE
reply to post by Ameilia

Over half the country voted for Obama, who ran on Obama care.... So why would 50% be hard to believe?

... like I empowered Bush to steal from me and kill kids in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Let's see ... if all taxes are "stealing" then we're going to be stolen from regardless.

Killing kids with bombs and drones and who knows what else ... letting some kid go get treated for a sore throat on my dime.

Guess I'm a freaking commie-pinko-nutjob ... because I'll pay for the doctor over the bombs, every time.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

alienreality
It is a fraudulent product.

Could you elaborate? If you’re so passionate about your position, I imagine the reason must be pretty substantiated.

"You can keep your Doctor" An admitted lie. Obama publically admitted to felony fraud with this statement.
"you can keep your plan" Another brazen lie showing willful intent to commit felony fraud..
Plus a whole host of other statements made by Obama about tons of other benefits in Obamacareless that were not true in any way.
I suppose now you will want me to explain criminal law to you too..

Signing up for Obamacareless is participation in an ongoing felony fraud, perhaps the largest case of felony fraud ever seen or imagined. Staying honest and law abiding means not participating in crimes like this.
edit on 1-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Gryphon66
because I'll pay for the doctor over the bombs, every time.

Or, you can go on a tax strike. That is MY choice. I refuse to participate and I refuse to pay income taxes anymore. I will not knowingly support evil. I did for too long, but I didn't understand then. What is your excuse?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, President Obama lied because he can't predict all possible futures ... like the ones where insurance companies changed the existing policies so that they COULD be cancelled.

Under the new law, policies must cover a comprehensive set of benefits, including emergency care, maternity care, mental health or prescription drugs. If they don’t, they can be "grandfathered" in, but only if the plans have not been changed at all.

To be grandfathered, the plans must have operated continuously since before the law’s enactment in 2010 and have made no significant changes. This means the insurer can keep the insurance plan essentially as is, without having to implement many (though not all) of the new law’s requirements.

But the regulations defining what constitutes a significant change are tight -- and if it’s breached, the plan is on the road to oblivion. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, known as HIPAA, says that if an insurer wants to end a policy, it needs to give policy holders 90 days notice, as well as information about alternative coverage plans that insurer is offering.

That’s essentially the message that many individual-market policyholders are receiving in the mail.

We should note that Obama’s comments often were aimed at the general public. And most people do get to keep their health plans under his law, especially those who get insurance through work or Medicare. His plan specifically left the existing health care system in place while reducing the ranks of the uninsured.

Source: Politifact.com

and further ...

The Real Story Behind the Phony Canceled Health Insurance Scandal - Mother Jones

In 2009, when President Barack Obama first promised that people who liked their insurance coverage would be able to keep it under the Affordable Care Act, he overlooked one critical fact: Many of the health policies that Americans like are terrible insurance plans that were created to scam consumers.

But I thought all existing insurance plans and doctors had been cancelled under ACA ... you mean that's not true, it's only the ones that are garbage?

The ACA was designed specifically to prevent insurance companies from peddling lousy insurance plans and to force these firms to replace these subpar products with affordable plans providing better and effective coverage. The plans being canceled are ending because they offered insufficient coverage—and only a few years ago both Rs and Ds were upset about these kinds of plans. But there's been collective amnesia about the shoddy plans that GOPers have happily exploited in recent days. Perhaps Obama should have said, "Those of you who obtain insurance on the individual market can keep your plans unless it’s the sort of rip-off plan the ACA will forbid. Otherwise, you will be offered new options that actually give you decent coverage at a decent price."

I see. Well, that makes more sense.

edit on 18Tue, 01 Apr 2014 18:30:50 -050014p062014466 by Gryphon66 because: Sketchy BBS code.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Nope. It's my duty as an American citizen to pay my taxes. You missed the obvious point It's just as irrational to say that my paid taxes (which, paid since I started in 1980 would not buy a rivet on the casing on one of those multi-million dollar bombs.) bought bombs as to say that I'm paying for someone else's health care.

The transaction is one way. I am a citizen and I enjoy the benefits of being an American and I pay my taxes. I know thats an unpopular idea around here these days, but, nonetheless, it's the way I was raised. I stand and cross my heart when the National Anthem plays. I respect the office President of the United States even when I don't agree with or like the man in the office.

But, I'll admit, I'm old-school.
edit on 18Tue, 01 Apr 2014 18:54:19 -050014p062014466 by Gryphon66 because: Dr. Evil moment ... billions, er, uh millions ...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

alienreality

Signing up for Obamacareless

oh you, how witty! I bet you stayed up all night thinking of that gem!

Obama publicly admitted to felony fraud with this statement.

Another brazen lie showing willful intent to commit felony fraud..

is participation in an ongoing felony fraud

perhaps the largest case of felony fraud ever seen

well since the last president and 9/11 & Iraq...and the 2008 bailout... but yes, I agree.. this horrible felony fraud for obamacareless is hideously evil!

I suppose now you will want me to explain criminal law to you too.

Nah, I wouldn't want you to waste your time. I don't care.
But I looked up felony law:

Felony fraud is a type of criminal act. Essentially, fraud is using deceptive actions to harm another party or to benefit personally.
even your over exaggerated tantrum over MR HUSSEIN OBAMA and felony fraud, is a fraud in itself..maybe giving false statements.. but that doesn't have quite the ring to it, does it ?

so I looked up this statement.. appears back in 2009 he said if you like your plan you can keep your plan. is that correct?

you don't actually CARE about your plan (did you even have a plan?) your just twisting your knickers over a politican being loose with his words when trying to convince congress?.. what are you new to the world or something?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Logarock

Logarock
Recent reports say that 6 million have signed up. That's is not nearly enough to sustain this program.

How many does it take to sustain the program?

This number also represents a weak % of those that voted for Obama. In short we don't have anything near 50% of the population evolved in this program.

Millions and millions who support it (or some form of it) already have insurance, and therefore don't need the Affordable Care Act. I'm not sure you understand how it all works.

Oh sure I understand how it works. A bunch of folks, as you point out, that already had insurance bought into the idea without really thinking about it. But how could they know. After all we can "read it later".

And what sort of numbers does it need to sustain itself to make it a self sustaining operation? Considering the number that will be eligible for subsides it really will be hard to tell. And really that's not a cop out. The cost of many of these policies for some already reflect a good % of the subsides already being taken from those that can afford to pay the subsidies...I mean the cost of their personal eligibility under the program. Then we need to wait and see how much the fines....I mean the tax bring to bear on costs. This will all take a few years. Projections of 20 million sighing up by 2016 have been made but this number is still to low to project if the program can sustain itself as its a fair speculation to say that at least half of those will be subsidized holders. Somewhere down the pipe dream all these factors are supposed to level out into some readable data. Maybe when the big fines kick in because you can bet that azz that this program will never be able to sustain itself without a gross draw in fines and high prices for those that can pay in full. Then maybe some government bailouts along the way as they seem inevitable.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Splane to Lucie how the president himself gets to regulate this law from the white house without taking it back to congress for legal adjustments? Highly illegal really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join