It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will aliens from another world bring mankind a new start?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Curious how many people on here believe or think that aliens from another world, planet, solar system, will bring peace, or another chance to mankind, or even the ability to leave the planet to new ones.

Also, I am curious what the though is weather alien craft have the ability to reach the edge of space, and travel at the same rate in which space it self is expanding

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why would any being from another planet care about peace to mankind on earth?
edit on 29-3-2014 by 3u40r15m because: ehhhhhhhh...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Survival of the fittest; the weak (humankind) shall perish.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkingsenseless

Not likely and hoping for a magical fix from aliens can actually hurt our chances of fixing the problems we as humans have created.

The likelihood another civilization would get involved is when we become a threat. At that point they will not becoming to help us.
edit on 40331America/ChicagoSat, 29 Mar 2014 21:40:10 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm an optimist when it comes to this and think it would improve humans. There are a lot of variables of course but overall - how could it not change us? Not a new start though - just an adjustment. We would be less likely to attend to the differences among our species and be more aligned.

And yes a craft could travel as fast as space is expanding (faster) - that is how they would get here (wormholes).

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That sounds so pessimistic, doesn't it.

We screwed the pooch with our own planet, so if we watch the skies and wish really really hard, the galactic good guys will ride in on their white space ships to our rescue.

I don't think it works that way. I think if they do anything, it will be to quarantine us so we don't infect the rest of the sane ones.

Now, this is just my own opinion. I'm sure those who channel Aliens of all types in various galactic federations, will be along shortly to tell you their point of view.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

3u40r15m
Why would any being from another planet care about peace to mankind on earth?
edit on 29-3-2014 by 3u40r15m because: ehhhhhhhh...

If that being had something to do with the origin of the human species, and perhaps is acting in some capacity as caretaker, or steward, or perhaps, a being may be interested in human reproductive genetic material or the sensitive complex human tissues that are located in our mucus membranes and dense nerve bundle sites. Very rich in complex life. Then there is our water and mineral resources. What if all the tiered pyramids and many other ancient structures were actually gold sluicing structures to mine gold from near by water sources. Sounds plausible to me. Or at least I would entertain the idea and keep an open mind or active grey basket anyway.
edit on 29-3-2014 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Now if the roles were reversed and we came upon a planet in such disarray I am pretty sure we would just keep moving along. We have our own problems and those idiots are still worshiping sun gods (or close) all the while killing each other and destroying their planet. No thanks there are more deserving races out here hell we would be better finding a planet uninhabited at least it will not shoot at us.

Nope they are too much of a headache.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, gonna go with a big fat No ops.

Either

a) Alien civilizations (with technology to get here) haven't been made aware of us yet, which means that space is truly a big thing and so are unlikely to find us now during our period of turmoil where we have world ending weapons and not nearly the wisdom needed to hold onto said weapons

or

b) Alien civilizations do know of us, and are intentionally not interfering with us while we go through this process. They at best (in this situation) may make themselves publically known after we have proven ourselves as not a destructive race...however, they may also serve as a quarantine should we try to leave our solar system without first ditching our hunter killer instinct...

Either way, its a no...and its understandable. You don't release on the universe beings that haven't even learned to get along with themselves....we flip out and bomb other cultures and are racist against the same looking creatures with a slight variation of pigmentation...what we would to if encountering another species of intelligent beings all together would be...bad.

For now, the best salvation this species would get by the galactic community would be bars around this world until we learn to live together at the very least.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Don't we have Santa? That lasts for all of about one day a year and then its back to the front.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You know I sometimes entertain the idea that the planet was actually a prison colony much like how Austrailia started out except the galactic federation has no intention of ever letting the descendants of the criminally insane to ever leave.

It is just a bit of sci-fi thought but would explain away a lot of our history.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Walkingsenseless
Curious how many people on here believe or think that aliens from another world, planet, solar system, will bring peace, or another chance to mankind, or even the ability to leave the planet to new ones.

I seriously doubt it. If there are alien races out there who survived and thrived to the point that they are able to be aware of us and are able to travel here I don't think they would be benevolent. Whatever they need they would be able to find closer to their own homes unless it's something unique to Earth and in that case if they bothered to make the trip don't count on them taking no for an answer.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The Aliens are called Fast walkers.Because,that the Spaceships are Traveled Light speed.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I believe demons from another realm will come and decieve many.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Honestly?

Given your avatar and signature, I ask what is the intent of your question? Also,I refuse to answer on the grounds of free speech and the defense of democracy.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Walkingsenseless

Also, I am curious what the though is weather alien craft have the ability to reach the edge of space, and travel at the same rate in which space it self is expanding

It depends on how they arrive (both in space, in orbit, communications) and contact is conducted.

If its good then yes, I believe it would fundamentally transform our planet into something unified. I truly believe in the concept that once humans realize we are no longer alone in the universe, that we will become a unified planet. With that unification, it would usher in a fresh breath when it comes to social / economic / resources / science / technology and above all else, it would result in a renewed interest to venture into space.

One of my favorite quote sums it up for me -

'Cause it's next. 'Cause we came out of the cave, and we looked over the hill and we saw fire; and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west, and we took to the sky. The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and this is what's next.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

They may pretend that this Is their purpose but they are here to use us. There are many false prophets.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

gardener
Survival of the fittest; the weak (humankind) shall perish.

God has a part in this too - at least for those who believe in Him.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

We already have the knowledge here on earth to travel the stars, it's just going to cost one hell of a lot of money and engineering to do so.

interupt42

Not likely and hoping for a magical fix from aliens can actually hurt our chances of fixing the problems we as humans have created.

The likelihood another civilization would get involved is when we become a threat. At that point they will not becoming to help us.
edit on 40331America/ChicagoSat, 29 Mar 2014 21:40:10 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

That's looking at it from a human perspective, their is no likelihood because we simply do not know.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
As above so below.

Infinite dimensions.. multiverse.. parallel earth..
It's all connected. So a nuclear war will have ripple affects and change everything. It's like leaving a child playing with matches.. it will get to a certain point before anyone steps in.

But the fact is..WE have to change our future for ourselves..not wait for somebody to do it for us.

Never give up our sovereignty..or our free thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join