It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Doesn't Back Russia's Invasion Of Crimea — And That's A Big Problem For Putin Read more:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by f0xbat

If all this is true then China not backing Russia on invading Crimea is more of a fact because Russia didn't invade Crimea?

It is not about Russia's invasion of Crimea. China did not vote against the UN resolution declaring the Crimea referendum invalid. It did not support Russia's position that the referendum was valid.

So what now? Is NATO going to enforce UN resolution??

China is a very shrewd country. It has given up nothing by its action. Diplomacy is very much anticipating the actions of others and tuning your actions to that.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You know what this is called?

Distraction.

You know whats really going on?

Ritual like what you see in the movie Eyes Wide Shut (nudity so i cant show clip here). Them drinking beers together and other things you imagine these sick people doing.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

There is nothing to enforce. It was a non-binding resolution. The only result is that Russia has isolated itself quite deeply.

China is a very shrewd country. It has given up nothing by its action.
I don't know if neutrality is shrewd. But yes, China has given up nothing. Nor did it show support for Russia.

edit on 3/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The only result is that Russia has isolated itself quite deeply.

Only those that support NATO and its actions foolish believe that. Russia hasn't isolated itself, what you wanted Russia to became Phage? let America Bomb Syria and be like Libya currently is?

Let Russia join the EU and NATO?

Nor did it show support for Russia.

Only if you believe the claims by the western news media then yeah its true according to CNN.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Russia hasn't isolated itself
The vote says otherwise: 100 for, 11 against. Small club.

what you wanted Russia to became Phage?
What?

let America Bomb Syria and be like Libya currently is?
Russia prevented the US from bombing Syria? Seems like there wasn't much support for doing so, either at home or in the UN.

I don't think they've been invited and this action won't help.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Phage

Russia hasn't isolated itself

what you wanted Russia to became Phage?
What?

let America Bomb Syria and be like Libya currently is?
Russia prevented the US from bombing Syria? Seems like there wasn't much support for doing so, either at home or in the UN.

I don't think they've been invited and this action won't help.

And what vote is that again Phage? the one that was in Crimea sounds like you dont like it either when Russia or someone else does it democratically comparing what had occurred in Kosovo.

Where there was no referendum unless you consider the bombs on Serbian civilians and torturing of there people in Yellow house a referendum.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

And what vote is that again Phage?
The vote on the UN resolution to declare the Crimea referendum invalid.

the one that was in Crimea sounds like you dont like it either when Russia or someone else does it democratically comparing what had occurred in Kosovo.
What?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Phage

And what vote is that again Phage?

the one that was in Crimea sounds like you dont like it either when Russia or someone else does it democratically comparing what had occurred in Kosovo.
What?

Seriously? that UN resolution that declared that the Crimea referendum as invalid really phage? you still believe and see the UN as not useless?

The UN nearly brought Syria to its destruction by declaring an intervention, as for that UN resolution you know what i say about its a joke.

Just like that the report they did for in Syria.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Seriously? that UN resolution that declared that the Crimea referendum as invalid really phage? you still believe and see the UN as not useless?
Whether or not the UN is "useless" doesn't really matter. It is clear that Russia is not getting support from the international community for its actions in Crimea.

The UN nearly brought Syria to its destruction by declaring an intervention
What intervention? Seems that Syria is doing a pretty good job of self-destruction.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Whether or not the UN is "useless" doesn't really matter. It is clear that Russia is not getting support from the international community for its actions in Crimea.

The same international community that made Kosovo have its independence through illegal means, that kind of a joke of an international community? the same ones that brought us the war in Iraq to unless you had forgotten.

So just because the international community 100 out of 11 voted in favor of being with America's gov on the issue of Ukraine how many of these 100 countries are actual puppets to America?

Probably all of them.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If that is the case, then the title is nothing more than a propaganda to try and misguide people into believing that China is against Russia on this. When in fact China abstained from the vote. It no secret that, the UN is nothing more than an extension of the US propaganda machine. There have been many instances in the past, when the US has bypassed the UN and the UN did absolutely nothing to stop them. All i can say is well played China. Well played, they are well aware of all the pieces on the board. Very cunning.
edit on 30-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

80% of the UN budget it money of united states, you know who feeds woman he her and dances

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If China wished for Russia and NATO to get into it, how would they vote? Hmm?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Russia and China are right next to each other with occasional border disputes. So it's not really in their interest to see Russia expanding again.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by GargIndia

There is nothing to enforce. It was a non-binding resolution. The only result is that Russia has isolated itself quite deeply.

China is a very shrewd country. It has given up nothing by its action.
I don't know if neutrality is shrewd. But yes, China has given up nothing. Nor did it show support for Russia.

It does not matter.

West wanted a UN resolution. It got one. What now?

I did not expect Russia to go as far as it went. As it did, I assume Russia had very valid reasons to go that far.

I think it all boils down to Slavic people and their deep connection to Ukraine.

If Russia does not want to let go of Ukraine, then this thing is unlikely to get settled by diplomacy.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

ezwip
Russia and China are right next to each other with occasional border disputes. So it's not really in their interest to see Russia expanding again.

They have settled the border dispute. I do not think that is the one that bothers either of them.

China will act minimally in the case of Crimea, and Chinese action is exactly as we expected. China says - I don't care which way it goes.

Even if China wants it to go certain way, it won't express.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I read so much, oh noes China and Russia are going to team up? Why would China ever team up with Russia against the west? What has Russia ever done for China? Chinas rise is because the west came toegether with China and worked something out. And of course the work of the Chinese. Now that Hu is gone China is even more buddie buddie with the west and Nato dropping the Hawkishness over some rocks in the sea for good.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

f0xbat
reply to post by Phage

If that is the case, then the title is nothing more than a propaganda to try and misguide people into believing that China is against Russia on this. When in fact China abstained from the vote. It no secret that, the UN is nothing more than an extension of the US propaganda machine. There have been many instances in the past, when the US has bypassed the UN and the UN did absolutely nothing to stop them. All i can say is well played China. Well played, they are well aware of all the pieces on the board. Very cunning.
edit on 30-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

Spot on.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by criticalhit

--
Spot on post, Critical hit.
I couldn't agree more.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am not convinced in the headline that "China Doesn't Back Russia's Invasion Of Crimea". There was a UN Security Council vote on the matter, and China "abstained", a signal that China is neither "for, or against" the invasion. However, I remain concerned about the potential economic alliance between China and Russia, specifically as it relates to the possibility that both countries have an interest in weakening the U.S. economy and the United States super-power status, and therefore may attempt economic war by dumping the U.S. currency in favor of an alternative currency, including the Petro Dollar.

China and Russia are both our trading and economic partners, but they are Not our friends. I completely disagree that there is any realistic potential that WW 3 will result from the Ukraine & Crimea crisis. The reality is that the U.S. has very little national, geopolitical or economical interests in the Ukraine.
edit on 30-3-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join