It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Based Energy Weapon Firing at UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

zeroxt
It's plausible to shoot a beam towards it.

You will not, however, see the beam from the side. Nor will you see it as a pulse moving towards something.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by esteay812

I don't think it is a coherent energy weapon but a kinetic superhigh velocity projectile and what you see behind it is a plasma trail, probably a small dense projectile.

Except you wouldn't leave a plasma trail in space, and the frame rate on the camera isn't high enough to show such a projectile moving as a streak.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well you have to factor in that although we regard the area around the earth as a vacuum that the atmosphere in a very tenuous state exist far above the visible terminator, also the gas plasma would have been drawn after it for some distance as well as the material of is casing being superheated and leaving a plasmatic trail as it evaportated off.
You know other than rail gun's plasma weapons are already in the US top secret military arsenal, and plasma effect has been used for much longer in the deployment of shaped charge explosives but I digress here.
I believe it was a craft not a (but plausible explanation) particle of ice and I do think that both the flash and the streak are a weapon so it is for me anyway merely a matter of mentally reverse engineering the likely cause of the effect.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by Bedlam

I believe it was a craft not a (but plausible explanation) particle of ice and I do think that both the flash and the streak are a weapon so it is for me anyway merely a matter of mentally reverse engineering the likely cause of the effect.

You are by no means alone in this belief, but I urge you to see my 1999 Purdue speech annotated viewgraphs to learn the spaceflight context of the video, instead of falling back on inappropriate down-on-earth habits. Using earth-evolved interpretative rules can be very misleading in outer space, and I believe that is what has happened here. Yes, it is a piece of ice entrained by a thruster plume.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You are correct, the casing even if evaporting after being superheated would then not have left a trail as it would have evaporated in all directions due to very little gas at that altitude to cause friction, but it is possible that if it originated within the atmosphere a trail of particles would have followed it, still the ice explanation is the most logical and common sense one which is most likely correct.
SO that is probably all it was, still?.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join