It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Based Energy Weapon Firing at UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As I wandered through ATS today, I came across a very nice thread - How Our Sky Would Look If Andromeda was Brighter.

In the thread, ATS member wmd_2008 posted this link that includes a YouTubevideo.

It's a beautiful video, but I was reminded of another video I've seen before - you've likely seen it as well. It shows what some claim to be an energy weapon (laser type) being fired at a UFO, which promptly reverses course and accelerates. You can easily see why some have speculated this to be the case, but there has been no evidence to confirm the theory. I do not know of any other similar events that have been caught on camera.

Here is that video:

As I watched the video from the 'Sky/Andromeda' thread, something caught my eye and it looked a whole lot like the incident shown in the above film.

You can scan ahead to 38-39 second mark on the video and see what I am referring to. It appears as if there are simply 2 shooting stars passing through the sky and nothing more. However, as the second shooting star passes, you can clearly see what appears to be a laser (for lack of better word) nearly impact the shooting star.

Here is the video:

Here is a screen cap of the event:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
meteors or airplanes
2nd line

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Time lapses are done by short exposures put in sequence, what you see is light for that short duration, and not the full trail due to the inter frame capture.

I do time lapses myself and astro photography. Nothing unusal there at all except to those that do not understand the process.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

The video I linked to is a timelapse the exposures are around 30 second for each frame you see aircraft when they in more than one frame, if only in one frame they are most likely meteors.
edit on 26-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

wmd_2008

The video I linked to is a timelapse the exposures are around the 30 second for each frame you see aircraft when they in more than one frame, if only in one frame they are most likely meteors.

Or an Iridium flare.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Yes could be that as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Christ that video was beautiful

Laying in bed with the mrs and our 7month old boy and 12 week old bump

Ok back on topic

I don't believe the second video showed any evidence of directed energy weapons, but the first STS footage sure is

Saying that, you still get as S&F from me as I like how your brain is ticking over

edit on 26-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Theres loads of things flyin about on them vids snf tho really amzing videos wow

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

You know what, I knew it was a time lapse... I don't know what the H I was thinking. I guess I saw the 'event' and forgot about the time lapse.

So what we are seeing are not shooting stars, right? Must be airplanes, as the 2 of them seem to be on the same route. That probably contributed to my lapse (hehe) of judgment, they look so much like shooting stars and shooting stars don't appear in a time lapse - at least not for more than a single frame... and I imagine that would be very rare.

It's hard to tell trajectories, but the 'would be laser blast', certainly looks to be heading into orbit. I wonder if it could be a shuttle launch, maybe sending a satellite up?
edit on 26-3-2014 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The trouble is, a laser in reality is not like a laser in the movies. In reality, if the laser was even visible at all, an argon laser for example as opposed to say a CO2 laser, you wouldn't see a pulse of light sailing toward an object. It would appear instantly as a solid line and then disappear. It would travel at the speed of light so you would not perceive a pulse of a fixed length traveling anywhere. Also, from my experience working on laser shows combined with my friends experiences, well the few he could share, working in laser weapons development at Eglin AFB, I'm pretty sure we'll never actually see the beam. I was told that if you see the beam, it is an additional laser for the purpose of alignment or manual manipulation.

There you have my entire encyclopedia of knowledge about weaponized lasers. All the other laser knowledge is just fun stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Easy mistake to make,
A giveaway would be how fast the Earth is turning

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Could you imagine how different the world would be if we could actually view the night sky like that?

It's like a man dangling the carrot I front of a donkey

It like it's saying, Forget your silly childish squabbles silly humans

Come and explore me ...together

The war for resources lol

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Go get a laser pointer, turn it on.

Do you see the beam from the side? No. Just where it hits.

That's because lasers don't make Star Trek phasery solid beams in the air. That's a movie thing.

You only see the beam from a laser if there's a lot of crap in the air that's scattering it, and a tiny tiny amount from the air itself scattering the beam. You have to have one hellacious beam density to barely see the beam from even a short distance. Any photo/video/movie that shows a solid beam, or what looks like a moving pulse of light, is by default something else than a light beam or an intentional hoax.

In space it's worse, because there ARE no aerosols or gases to scatter the beam.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Bedlam

...You only see the beam from a laser if there's a lot of crap in the air that's scattering it, and a tiny tiny amount from the air itself scattering the beam. You have to have one hellacious beam density to barely see the beam from even a short distance. Any photo/video/movie that shows a solid beam, or what looks like a moving pulse of light, is by default something else than a light beam or an intentional hoax.

In space it's worse, because there ARE no aerosols or gases to scatter the beam.

Bedlam is spot on. The notorious STS-48 zig-zag-zapper video is weird looking becaus it's in outer space. The prosaic explanation is non-common-sense because the environment is unearthly, but from my own experience in Mission Control I tried to explain it in my 'Purdue Speech' in 1999 debating the question. See www.jamesoberg.com...

It's not easy reading. But it's the reality behind the video.
edit on 26-3-2014 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's plausible to shoot a beam towards it.
www.wired.com...

Scientists have perfected beaming throughout some years now. It is possible to shoot of unknown coming towards us.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Omg that time lapse video is amazing! I love them videos, glad i took the time out to watch it! Beautiful!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

esteay812
reply to post by wmd_2008

You know what, I knew it was a time lapse... I don't know what the H I was thinking. I guess I saw the 'event' and forgot about the time lapse.

So what we are seeing are not shooting stars, right? Must be airplanes, as the 2 of them seem to be on the same route. That probably contributed to my lapse (hehe) of judgment, they look so much like shooting stars and shooting stars don't appear in a time lapse - at least not for more than a single frame... and I imagine that would be very rare.

It's hard to tell trajectories, but the 'would be laser blast', certainly looks to be heading into orbit. I wonder if it could be a shuttle launch, maybe sending a satellite up?
edit on 26-3-2014 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

Yes most will only appear in one frame because there is usually a gap between frames of a few seconds so you would need something like the recent one in Russia to see it across 2 or 3 frames.

The photographer of the video John Eklund took one year and 260,000 pictures to produce that 4 mins of film.

edit on 27-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I don't think it is a coherent energy weapon but a kinetic superhigh velocity projectile and what you see behind it is a plasma trail, probably a small dense projectile.

There are several candidate location, especially in the states for a launch system and or weapon system of this type, there are several candidates for this such as RAIL gun launcher systems.

The flash you see when the object changed course was most likely a first strike which failed to disable the craft or was deflected/destroyed by the craft followed by a second which missed as it took evasive action.

Some but not all Near Surface secret installations may have these facilitys build in to them, they have the down side that unless the projectile is somehow guided by for eg fins that aiming them would be a monstrouse feat of engineering but achieving the velocity you see is fully possible, the projective may only weigh one or two kilos but the vacuum acceleration tube increases it's velocity to many ten's of thousands of miles per hour and the light plasma trail is similar to what you see when you see meteors buring up in that it is a plasma trail of friction compressed atmospheric gas, most likely the projectice is dart like in shape, very sleek with very short body length stabilliser fins and made of a radio absorbant composite with a dense metalic rod in the centre to provide the killing punch on impact.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I´m always amused when someone titles a light streak wandering across the screen as a laser.
A laser, if made visible, will always be a line switched on/off. Not a streak floating from A to B. Except you record the event with a camera operating it´s shutter at the speed of light, in theory.
To much star wars.
Plasma, it is.
edit on 27-3-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

esteay812
...It's a beautiful video, but I was reminded of another video I've seen before - you've likely seen it as well. It shows what some claim to be an energy weapon (laser type) being fired at a UFO, which promptly reverses course and accelerates. You can easily see why some have speculated this to be the case, but there has been no evidence to confirm the theory. I do not know of any other similar events that have been caught on camera.

Here is that video:

The object in the video could have been debris of some sort. The flash could have been the Shuttles reaction control system (RCS) thruster firing; reaction control thrusters fire to make small corrections to the shuttle's trajectory while in orbit. The object was then pushed out of the way by the thrust from the RCS.

edit on 3/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join