It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of "unity or else" statement by the Pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am always intrigued by the differences which led to the inquisition and the reformation , I believe that anyone should be able to practice whatever religion or belief they choose, I am totally against anyone forcing their religious views on anyone and then making it seem as though someone is wrong if they do not agree.

I know a lot of the conspiracies floating around about what will happen shortly in references to enforcement of Sunday worship , enforcement of noahide laws and in reference to what will happen to the believers in Christ and the guillotines awaiting them (go check those conspiracies out they are crazy) is this old argument going to come back again reviving the H or Heretic label.

do you think that these differences between the Catholic Church and the Protestants can be reconciled and will protestants become one with the Catholic Church, you have to listen to this priest he is very close to the pope so this is just not some random clergy making these statements.

edit on 26-3-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The Pope is right.

I have seen it.

Unity really is the key.
All religions are part of one, divided to preserve the truth.
Having all eggs in one basket would be a silly thing to do and to assume God wouldn't have realised that is daft.

In writing, tongue and location.

All as important as the other but not in full glory until unity is completed.

Think of each of you as a jigsaw piece. Jigsaw pieces get lost don't realise their position or place until we crack on with it.

There are some trying to take pieces or lose pieces so the puzzle can't be completed.

I am telling you all right now, mark my words,
Unity is key and the sooner we start building and putting this together all will be revealed.

And yeah......what an amazing piece we are.

Before this can happen there must come a change. A shift of focus.
A shift from money to the benefit of all life.

We need to stop trying to bend the earth to suit us and instead change the way we are to suit the Earth.

I am going to stop there but please, feel free to ask me anything.
When I say it can be done, it will be done. On Earth as it is in Heaven.

May his Kingdom come.

One King, one ruler. One.

I'm part of one.........so are you.
See it. Believe it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Before one even listens to what the Papacy have to say today, one should read what was said when men like Irenaeus, Hippolotus and Tertullian had to say about forcing the masses to believe the unbelievable and to swear the creed. They crushed the Gnostics for one major reason - The Gnostics believed one did not need a church hierarchy sitting there to act for all men as a go-between, the Gnostics taught as per Christ taught Go to the Father direct and seek him inside of you. Once you do that you become equal to me and a christ.

There is a huge difference in the beginnings of Christianity which the men donning the fish hat and dresses grabbed, simply because it gave them a living. From the Nag Hammadi scrolls, which the Catholic Church did not get its paws on, so could not alter and destroy as they did virtually to all the Gnostic scrolls and information, one gets a truer picture of the force with which men determined to grab power, without an army climbed from heretic to saint with the Emperor's government.

One of the best authorities on the origins of Christianity is a book written by a Christian Scholar who tells it like it was. One would be horrified at the personal views of the early Church Fathers and the lengths they went to to get themselves recognized and cushioned by the dominant ruling classes. Elaine Pagels, The Gnostic Gospels. If you are religious and car about what happens when you die its worth a read - who knows?

As to unity between Catholics and Protestants I doubt it, the clergy may wish to club together to ensure their positions but I doubt with science breaking barriers never even thought about by the masses, religion has much to offer apart from the Pagan belief of "Do as you would be done by".

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

There are no real divisions. That's all a charade.

I know plenty of Catholics, protestants and Muslims they all get on fine.
It seems to me that it's the leaders or should I say the false leaders, self glorified ones, whether it be of a nation or banks, energy companies, health organisations etc that have the problems.

Also the false polls.
I dare say many of you cannot relate to these so called leaders. They don't relate to you nor do they understand you.

The thing is.........I do.

They make things complicated, everything is done to gain financially.

Aid is even determined by monetary value instead of weights and measures.

Look at it this way. Which is more in value to someone requiring aid?
£10.00 of food
Or
10lb of food?

Haiti earthquake another example.
Bush,....he said don't send food or blankets, just send cash!

In other words.
Don't send food or blankets because if you do then we can't introduce the middleman that is set to gain massively financially and profit those who thrive from a disaster.

Wake up and see.
I'm part of one as are you.

Together we can and will move mountains.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Interesting video and thread.
I made it to 7:23 and when the host said you're going to hear this over and over again I decided to pause and make a response.
What he is saying is
"NAMASTE"

The divine in me recognizes the divine in you. A phrase, a word, of Eastern origin - being picked up by Westerners now for some decades. I know some people of Western sensibility think that "new age" is 'nothing but trendy fluffy-bunny stuff', I disagree.

I think Unity is what we definitely need.
jazz and Shiloh both made very good points. We must not bend the earth to suit us, but vice versa. And we must look after each other while we're here - noting that we are all creatures of Divine spirit. Easy peasy
There. Sorted.
Thnks.

namaste

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Exactly.
For non believers thats simply their choice and no one should be forced or pushed to believe.

However, to those non believers they may want to realise that the Earth is home to us all whether we like it or not.
We can waste time fighting about, over it and with each other, or we can simply switch focus and determination onto the good and keep all the negative out of the equation.

I'm a believer and have faith in God, because of this I feel we have a lot on our shoulders, we have a lot of putting right to do.
Even all the other life on this planet are counting on us all, hoping we dont fk it up for them also.

When it's gone it's gone.

I also think we are deluded if we expect to populate other planets, especially the way we go on here.

This is our one shot, one chance. Lets not blow it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Even all the other life on this planet are counting on us all, hoping we dont fk it up for them also.

When it's gone it's gone.

I also think we are deluded if we expect to populate other planets, especially the way we go on here.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Agreed. They are not only counting on us (other life forms) but depending on us...and we already are screwing it up, royally.

As for other planets, I can see an analogy in myself...I have an older home in constant need of repair and upkeep. Sometimes I think about the projects that are waiting - and I shrug mentally and say "Well, I'll just move away so I don't have to deal with it."

That's how I see this colonization of other planets. We don't deserve any other planets, we don't know how to care for this one.
There is plenty of space and resources for all of us - we just need to maximize efficiency and minimize spoils, distribute what we have to ensure that all are able to focus on higher things, rather than struggling at the bottom of Maslow's pyramid. A person who is homeless or lives in a tin-walled shack, doesn't know where today's meal is coming from, and knows they may contract a disease by drinking the water available is not able to focus on realizing 'the self', or how best to help others.

It's common sense, to my thinking.
And while I find space exploration untiringly fascinating, and I'm glad to have lived in a time of such incredible advancement (I remember sitting and watching the moon landing while Dad filmed it with an 8mm home camera) - it still seems that perfecting escape plans is a bit premature and, well ironically making escape more necessary than just caring for each other and our home would be.

We know for sure we can destroy this planet. Why should we go destroy other planets or celestial bodies as well?

tsk, tsk, humans!

edit on 3/26/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

The Video says "everyone comes together within the Catholic cutlure. This is not a call for real unification but a call to come back to the Catholic culture. That means to accept the Holy Catholic Church, its hierarchy, its demand for blind obedience and the rule of the Pope, Deacons and Priests which will be over all the other ministers from other Christian groups. This is exactly what happened in the 1st and 2nd century until it was sorted by the Emporer in the 3rd..

It boils down to the fact that today, there are so many other groups of Christians that the Papacy is loosing ground steadily and it wants to maintain control. That means catholic dogma and its rules such as no birth control etc plus obedience to your local Priest. Its unlikely that the Pope will feel unity means he shares control or more importantly that the financial side of all these unified groups will end up at the Vatican Bank. Importantly, what about the position of women in the Church? They will simply be trampled over and kicked out despite their good work and contributation. They will be renegaded to the usual bits of usefullness in clerical filing and cleaning, cooking etc.

Is it really a call for unity or is he a wolf in sheeps clothing?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Walter Veith's response starts at about 35 minutes in, after the Beast and the False Prophet call for the world's religions to join with them.
edit on 26-3-2014 by MrXindeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

At the center of the entire argument is not really whether or not we are one, you have to think about the reasons for the split in the Church to begin with, from everything I have read the sole basis of disagreement and protest was because of corruption in the Church , and of course the question of papal infallibility which at the core some perceive is denial of free individual will because the pope is a man and not divine by creation so he prone to error, if there is a perceived error in teaching or the pope and one does not agree or actually believes it to be wrong then they will be considered heretical .

The question really should be, can the protestant church fully accept the Catholic church hierarchy ? which in essence would micromanage all aspects of how they would operate going forward were they to shed their transformed by time, structure of running their churches and congregations independently as a result of the split.
edit on 26-3-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i have the true cross in my av
if the pope wanted us all to be one
he'ed share whats in the vatican bank and the docs in the dirty book vault with everyONE
haha
never happen

so he can bite me

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

phinubian
do you think that these differences between the Catholic Church and the Protestants can be reconciled and will protestants become one with the Catholic Church

No, but I also do not think that is what the Pope is asking for, just for all Christians to recognize that we are all brothers (and sisters) under the same lord.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

I agree, but this seeming high pressure speech, tends to also at least to me demand actions, that if you really look at it, that action would require disassembling the methods of worship and church management, a restructuring if you will, if what you are saying is true, it would be left at that and none of the slick talk or what amounts to talking down and making the protestants feel pressure to come under the Catholic umbrella, most people can read between the lines, I think the guy that is analyzing the video and message is closer to the truth than just an innocent lets all get together for a group hug.

This is saying the protest is over, in other words, the protestant cause and therefore their reasons for splitting off have no cause, which what does that mean ? they have to become Catholic churches? my mind thinks one world religion is being forced.

And going back to another conspiracy that scenario would fit squarely (no pun) , the Albert Pike theory from morals and dogma, where Islam and Judaism mutually destroy each other, what would be left ?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

I know a lot of the conspiracies floating around about what will happen shortly in references to enforcement of Sunday worship

The only "conspiracy" that is floating around to that end is one propagated by deluded Seventh Day Adventists, who believe that Ellen White's 19th Century prophecy is, unlike all the rest of the crazy things she claimed, yet to be disproved.

That said, anyone who thinks that our society is moving in the direction of mandated religion either is deluded or hasn't clue one about the state of religion in western society. White's nutty idea that the "Mark of the Beast" is mandated Sunday worship became impractical at least 50 years ago, if not longer. To continue to believe such in this day and age is either madness or terminal stupidity.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Hmmm...so the crazy Adventist's predict (from prophetic visions from God) that American Protestantism will in the end get into a cozy relationship with the papacy. We have not reached the end yet...the videos merely point out that what was thought impossible is now firmly moving in the direction to what we are told would happen.

Time will show who is standing in truth...don't be hardened to such messages

The 'terminal stupidity' of the Adventist's have them as the longest living cultural group in the entire world...gees, those messages that they follow (health message given from Ellen White from visions from God) thinking that they are from God to help them are really so destructive!!!

If only the medical profession could catch up with how backwards these people are...what kind of witchcraft are these people using to live almost a decade longer than anyone in any country that they live in!

edit on 28-3-2014 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
OP, isn't this the pope that is supposed to usher in the "anti-christ" according to a Catholic prophecy from the 1500's?

This Tom Horn fellow got a lot of attention for using this prophecy to predict the date that the last pope would step down.

This could make for some strong conspiracy fodder in regards to the Book of Revelation and all its depictions of a one-world system of religion and government.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Geez, you're still around? lol

Time will show who is standing in truth…don't be hardened to such messages

Nothing Ellen White "prophesied" has come true. When did she say the Second Coming was? June of 1845? At least Miller had the good sense to admit that he was wrong when all of his failed to come to pass, too bad his deluded followers didn't follow him.

"Mandated Sunday Worship"? Seriously?

Wake up and look at the world around you, Bub. "Prohibited Sunday Worship" is a lot more likely than it being mandated.

ETA: For those who are interested in the roots and reality of such nonsense, here's a good analysis: National Sunday Law: Fact or Fiction?, particularly What are the Odds of a National Sunday Law? While Adventists remain mired in the fantasy world of Ellen White's 1880s, society has long since moved on, blue laws have been repealed around the world (there is a bill making its way through the Minnesota legislature right now, overturning a state ban on liquor sales on Sunday, even though the package store owners themselves say that they don't want it,) and no one is interested in forcing SDAs to worship on Sunday.

edit on 28-3-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join