It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in you corporate food chain pizza?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Apparently, they don't want you to know!

Before I get into this in depth, do you all remember the report on the "yoga mat" ingredient that was exposed and it forced Subway to remove it from their buns?

Well this information about pizza is from the same woman whom exposed Subway and many other fast food chains for that ingredient!

But before I get to the dirt of this topic, I must preface it with an article I read a few days ago about Autism and MSG! (Which is what provoked me to post this thread) So please stay with me.

It has become increasingly popular for parents of children with autism or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder to turn to gluten- and casein-free, or dairy-free, diets in hopes that it will make a difference.

But Reid's diet is different. She thinks what it comes down to, at least for some people with autism, is permanently eliminating just a single chemical compound known as monosodium glutamate, or MSG - an ingredient many people associate with Chinese food.

Actually, Reid said, the chemical is in nearly every processed food imaginable, but it only appears on food labels as MSG about 1 percent of the time. Instead, MSG is sometimes labeled as flavor or flavoring, soy protein, barley malt, pectin, corn starch or yeast extract, Reid said.

"We're getting an abundance of MSG," she said. "It's in 95 percent of processed food. And we don't need it in our diet - ever."

Chemist says omitting MSG cured daughter's autism

This is the article or one of the variations I had read earlier that provoked me to write this topic.

Anyhow, this is what the "Foodbabe" just found out about pizza!

Toxic hidden MSG ingredients buried in popular pizza menu items:
•Autolyzed Yeast Extract (Hidden MSG)
•Textured or Hydrolyzed Proteins (Hidden MSG and GMO)
•Hydrolyzed Corn (Hidden MSG and GMO)
•Modified Starches (Hidden MSG or Possible GMO)
•Natural Flavors (Possible Hidden MSG)
•Disodium Inosinate or Disodium Guanylate (MSG enhancers)

The additives Disodium Guanylate and Disodium Inosinate are not added to a product that doesn’t contain MSG because they are considered expensive additives that are ineffective without MSG ingredients. The presence of Disodium Guanylate or Disodium Inosinate in a product is a strong indication that a product contains hidden MSG.

Please read the below link to fully understand!

If You’ve Ever Eaten Pizza Before, This Will Blow Your Mind (Maybe Literally)

Now if I hadn't read about the first article of the chemist curing her daughter from autism by eliminating MSG from her diet, I might not have blinked more than once from reading the article about pizza, but the it was the puzzle pieces that fit coming into play that urged me to react on this one!

•About 1 in 88 children has been identified with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) according to estimates from CDC's Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network. [Read article]
•ASDs are reported to occur in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups. [Read article]
•ASDs are almost 5 times more common among boys (1 in 54) than among girls (1 in 252). [Read article]
•Studies in Asia, Europe, and North America have identified individuals with an ASD with an average prevalence of about 1%. A recent study in South Korea reported a prevalence of 2.6%. [Data table] [Read article]
•About 1 in 6 children in the U.S. had a developmental disability in 2006-2008, ranging from mild disabilities such as speech and language impairments to serious developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and autism.

CDC.GOV

So with all of the "possible evidence" that a cause for Autism may have been found, why is nothing being done about it?

Where is the FDA?

Or is it more of the same ole same ole of treating the symptom(Big Pharm making billions) or covering up a conspiracy???

Anyhow, just throwing out a bone with some meat to be picked off.

edit on 25-3-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You lost me at the part where my mind can be literally blown.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yech I'm doomed, must have eaten about a million pizzas in my life. Heck I used to work in a pizza joint.

Actually try to minimize my exposure to that stuff but it's almost impossible now days. Interesting that Korea seems to have more than twice the problem statistically than we do. Wonder if they use even more MSG than here?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Personaly I dont think its the cause of autism, but not consuming msg may help eleviate it. There are several other food items that seem to eleviate autism if removed from the diet.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yech I'm doomed, must have eaten about a million pizzas in my life. Heck I used to work in a pizza joint. Actually try to minimize my exposure to that stuff but it's almost impossible now days. Interesting that Korea seems to have more than twice the problem statistically than we do. Wonder if they use even more MSG than here?

Oh I'm with you! I have eaten so damn much pizza I can hardly even think about eating it! But as you are well aware of my new roommate, these young'uns can eat this crap EVERY DAY!

My OP was NOT to come down on people whom eat pizza by the way. Just trying to bring a little awareness! Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to things like this, but after seeing how the "Foodbabe" called out fast food for using a substance used to make yoga mats, PLUS the article on MSG, when I read this thing on pizza AND MSG, I kinda went WTF????

You don't often see me on ATS posting about what people should or should not eat, but considering the rampant numbers of children with Autism, is what provoked me to even make this thread.

Take it for what you will! But all I can say is that if I had a child with autism, I would be paying attention to these things versus pumping them up with drugs provided by Big Pharm....

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good thread !
MSG also triggers migraine. Also said to increase obesity, stomach problems and headache.
In my country they seem to have noticed this and majority of food producers have labeled clearly that their products do not have it.
MSG is mainly imported from Korea, China and Japan and these countries uses it a lot.
Chicken marinades have it ( do your own marinade ), also spiced noodles, canned and instant soups have it, quick sauces have it.

Funny thing i had to check our fridge if we currently have MSG in there and gladly hubby seems to know how to buy groceries.. there were none.

And btw MSG is seriously considered to be banned in here and EU
edit on 25-3-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Personaly I dont think its the cause of autism, but not consuming msg may help eleviate it. There are several other food items that seem to eleviate autism if removed from the diet.

I agree, and I don't want what I originally posted to be construed as that either!

I believe many things are contributing factors.

Being that I know how pizza can be considered a form of food "crack" I just found the information rather disturbing.

Maybe if I could associate it with climate change, perhaps the powers that be would look into it???? /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So with all of the "possible evidence" that a cause for Autism may have been found, why is nothing being done about it?

What possible evidence? Correlation is not causation. There are plenty of kids who develop autism before even having a chance to eat solid food.

Nonsense.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So your saying it isn't worth being looked into????

OR are you one of those whom feel that treating the symptom and avoiding finding the cause should be the norm?

Did I ever say it was the sole cause of Autism????

OR are you only supportive of science when it only observes certain things while ignoring other???

Amazing that you "cherry picked" one thing that was my opinion, while ignoring everything else I presented in my original post!

edit on 25-3-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

MSG uh?....., you are talking about the famous AJINOMOTO.

My mother used to have it in the kitchen, I still remember. That thing has been around since who knows when.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
A flavor enhancer that delivers the purest taste of Umami. MSG provides exceptional taste advantages in the formulation of snacks, soups, and gravies.

AVAILABLE PACKAGING
Bags – Net wt: 50 lb. and 25 kg.
Bulk – Net wt: 2,000 lb.

PRODUCT INFORMATION
Glutamate, a common amino acid, is naturally found in meat, fish, milk and many vegetables. Glutamate imparts the fullness and impact of taste and complexity of flavor.

Ajinomoto® Monosodium Glutamate provides the natural Umami taste to enhance the taste of processed foods.

Ajinomoto manufactures Monosodium Glutamate via natural fermentation of sugars to provide the purest Umami taste.

And yes, it's a well known ingredient of chinese food.

www.ajiusafood.com...
edit on 25-3-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

seeker1963
Maybe if I could associate it with climate change, perhaps the powers that be would look into it???? /sarcasm

I doubt it, autism is a taboo subject.
One of Dr Wakefields concerns, and one of the reasons he researched the cause of autism, was because governments want to sweep autism under the carpet!
He was concerned that nobody was looking after those who were suffering, they were being swept aside as if they didn't exist. Its still like that, and thats good reason for people to be suspicious.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

boncho

What possible evidence? Correlation is not causation. There are plenty of kids who develop autism before even having a chance to eat solid food.

Nonsense.

Hey Boncho, maybe this can help :

Excitotoxicity is the pathological process by which nerve cells are damaged and killed by excessive stimulation by neurotransmitters such as glutamate and similar substances. This occurs when receptors for the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate (glutamate receptors) such as the NMDA receptor and AMPA receptor are overactivated by Glutamatergic Storm. Excitotoxins like NMDA and kainic acid which bind to these receptors, as well as pathologically high levels of glutamate, can cause excitotoxicity by allowing high levels of calcium ions[2] (Ca2+) to enter the cell. Ca2+ influx into cells activates a number of enzymes, including phospholipases, endonucleases, and proteases such as calpain. These enzymes go on to damage cell structures such as components of the cytoskeleton, membrane, and DNA.
Excitotoxicity may be involved in spinal cord injury, stroke, traumatic brain injury, hearing loss (through noise overexposure or ototoxicity) and in neurodegenerative diseases of the central nervous system (CNS) such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, alcoholism or alcohol withdrawal and especially over-rapid benzodiazepine withdrawal, and also Huntington's disease.[3][4] Other common conditions that cause excessive glutamate concentrations around neurons are hypoglycemia[5] and status epilepticus.[6

....and this :

The harmful effect of glutamate upon the CNS were first observed in 1954 by T. Hayashi, a Japanese scientist who noted that direct application of glutamate to the CNS caused seizure activity, though this report went unnoticed for several years. The toxicity of glutamate was then observed by D. R. Lucas and J. P. Newhouse in 1957, when the subcutaneous injection of monosodium glutamate to newborn mice destroyed the neurons in the inner layers of the retina.[7] Later, in 1969, John Olney discovered the phenomenon was not restricted to the retina, but occurred throughout the brain, and coined the term excitotoxicity. He also assessed that cell death was restricted to postsynaptic neurons, that glutamate agonists were as neurotoxic as their efficiency to activate glutamate receptors, and that glutamate antagonists could stop the neurotoxicity.[8] Subsequent research by Mark Mattson provided evidence for the involvement of excitotoxicity in Alzheimer's disease, and other age-related neurodegenerative conditions that involve oxidative stress and cellular energy deficits.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That's it. I've had enough. I'm calling my homeplanet and tell 'em to push the red button and put this human race out of it's misery.
The government is not gonna do a damn thing about this because big pharma is giving them a big bonus from all the new meds they can create to "help" autism patients.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

boncho

Nonsense.

Im with Boncho...
Pizza doesn't cause autism...

Autism is a leftover from our hunter-gatherer days that is being diagnosed more lately rather than the kids just being dropped off to an asylum. Above ground nuclear testing, whatever slop farmers have been putting on crops (which made its way to the groundwater), and industrial waste in our air/water have probably been huge culprits of triggering this ancient genetic marker in order to insure solitary survival...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

My best friend has an autistic son. He found that putting him on a gluten free diet helped him adjust to "the real world" better.
And he has improved greatly...but it was not the cause nor is it the cure.
See my previous post...autism is one of our brain's survival techniques to ditch the group mentality for solitary survival during lean times.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

All I say is that MSG is bad. We shouldn't wait untill the government bans it to stop buying it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Trueman
reply to post by the owlbear

All I say is that MSG is bad. We shouldn't wait untill the government bans it to stop buying it.

Agreed.
It is an unnecessary additive
no argument from me there...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Korean's near me have gotten away from traditional cooking with MSG and are "swarming" Trader Joe's and Panera Bakery stores. The Mediterranean restaurant is number #3...so they are very aware and discuss openly how to eat better.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Do we really want to know what is in most of our food?

new topics

top topics

join