It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Bill, I previewed the book at amazon, and it looks great!
You mention that the U-2 was often reported as a UFO, and I've heard that before, and have come to believe it is anecdotal. Did you find any documentation on this?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Any more information on Gary McKinnon, Solar Warden (USAF Space Fleet), and the Non-Terrestrial Officers?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What is the highest altitude a person can fly a passenger jet by sight.

Not the faa rules but in your experience

Say on a clear day .

Ive heard that it is not possible to fly by sight above certain altitudes because it is impossible to make out land marks

May I have your opinion on this?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Has there ever been a work of engineering that seemed to exceed what you thought were our technological capabilities? Put a different way, was there ever any work of engineering that was great, advanced, and seemed to have come from nowhere? Put another way, was there anything that was created that seemed to be a giant leap in technological capability, utilizing technology that had no predecessor to be improved on?
edit on 24-3-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Thank you for the reply. What do I think happened? I don't think we'll ever know for sure either, but I do think this is the closest to what probably happened. www.wired.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bill, as an author i assume you do a lot of research. Doing research means asking a lot of questions and somtimes that can be uncomfortable for those who know but are not allowed to share knowledge. Have you ever been "warned off" a certain topic and if so, what was that topic?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Thanks for your questions about Drone technology.

There is the technology question, which is headed toward higher and longer duration. DARPA is working on systems that will stay aloft without landing for months or years. The Vulture is designed to stay up for five years.

The other technology is miniturized control. Not so long ago it took a command trailer to run a drone. Now it can be done with a smart phone, at least for simple drones.

The other question is applocation. Military forces globally are using drones more and more. The USAF has large numbers of pilots who are going straight into drones without flying real airplanes. It saves money. Boeing builds more ScanEagles than 737s.

When you ask about the private use of drones, the answer is more and more, though not very "Area 51" spooky. Remember that RC models are essentially drones and they've been flying out of garages and back yards for 75 years. The whole lineage of modern military drones begins in the 1940s with Radioplane, which was later bought by Northrop, and Radioplane started with Reg Denny, who had a hobby shop in Hollywood. Check out one of my books on drones.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hi Bill, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! We appreciate it.

My question- What is your opinion on the new, supposedly top secret pilotless space jet x-37b, that can reach any place in the world in under a speculated two hour window? What exactly is it for? If it is not carrying potent munitions, nuclear warheads, lasers, etc., then what's the purpose of having such a powerful aircraft? It can allegedly stay aloft for now, 469+ days at a time, and be sent anywhere in the world. What is your opinion on it's overall intended purpose?

I understand this is highly classified, so just asking an opinion. Everything about it is top secret, even the fact that it exists, though the government hardly hides this fact, and even now has given to announcing it's launches and landings.

It's exact abilities, however, are not disclosed, however some alleged facts have been given, but many question these "facts". What about you? What are your feelings about the Air Force being this deeply involved in space flight, as opposed to NASA being the leader? Do you feel this was one of the intentions in defunding NASA?

articles.latimes.com...

Quote from the article:

“It’s obvious the Air Force is finding some value there,” Weeden said. “Otherwise, they wouldn’t keep sending vehicles up.”

I find this quote alone to be a treasure trove for those that enjoy speculative thought. Seems to hold much truth, as well.

Would enjoy knowing your thoughts and oipinons!

Lg

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

This reminds me of the 1950s and 1960s, when there was a lot of talk of nuclear and hydrogen propulsion, which have faded away. Then there were human-powered airplanes, and NASA has operated solar-powered airplanes, which are not terribly practical, the latter because they can't lift a big payload.

The big story for creating more efficient, longer-range aircraft is not propulsion, but airframe design. Of course jet engines are improving all the time.

People talk about antimatter and other things, but this is a long way off if it comes at all. Like nuclear propulsion was 50 years ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank your for your post, Antar.

Yes, I agree with you, that IF Alien or other worldy technologies are known, they should be disclosed. Of course, if I had some inside knowlege of this, I might feel differently.

I would like to see modes of travel that would make travel by Jet plane as obsolete as the bull cart to modern man, though I am not holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi Bill, what is your opinion of this video that was supposedly recorded at Area 51?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

I have not been briefed on any operational chemtrail programs that are sanctioned worldwide.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

My question is this,anyone can simply read the internet as I have and learn about all of these techs and how they work together on the same repressed principals that have been kept from us intentionally through overt and covert methods,this means the game has changed forever without a doubt,do you see this reality being assesed and confronted by the Industrys and areas you have worked within who are facing a world in which any 12 year old can simply go online and begin to learn things the Industrial Complex has suppressed and hidden for so long and build working functional items ,most of the suppressed techs are really low-tech in terms of materials and manufacture compared to what we use today ?Are all of these techs being utilised fully by the Powers That Be yet?

edit on 24-3-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-24-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Thanks for your post about whether energy weapons are ready for fighters. "Death Rays" have intrigued sci-fi fans since the 1930s, and since the advent of lasers, they've have intrigued the armed forces as well. I think that ground-based lasers are a lot more practical than airborrne lasers because of the stability of the platform. The USAF tried really hard to make the YAL-1A work before giving up. Maybe some day. What does your friend in Kirkland think?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

There have been too many reports of disc-shaped aircraft coming out of Germany in 1945 to assume that there is nothing to the story.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Thank you.

One reason I asked you what I did was because a few years back I had something which hoovered over my house and slowly, gracefully flew away and I did not see it after it went below the tree line.

My children and I were returning from a ball game so this was around dusk. The craft had several rows of red lights in the rear and silent.

It did not feel like an other worldy craft and opened my eyes to what we just might have which is far beyond imagining. We loved it, loved seeing it and felt like it was such an honor to have witnessed a secret technology.

I have always been a huge supporter of aviation of all kinds, no expert like you but just hold an excitement that bubbles up when I am in the presence of pretty much anything that fly's.

Ok just wanted to express my gratitude for your kind reply and share a bit .

Enjoy your stay and come back often.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for your post. Current scramjet programs in the US include the X-43 and X-51. There are also programs ongoing overseas. China and Russia both have systems flying, and Brazil and India are close behind.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thanks for your post. I've heard the stories about positively charged leading edges, etc. Theoretically a nice idea, but they also say it takes millions of volts. I don't know how this would be practical and what it would do to other systems. I recall that the X-6 was doomed by the enormous weight that it cost to shield the crew from radiation.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey Bill,

Thanks for your time being here. I admittedly don't know much on facts surrounding the facilities and technology going on (secret or public etc.) But here is my question..

Where do you see this ending up in the long term in the end game for humanity? There have been many projects going on over decades for purposes of reconnaissance , destruction, etc., that deplete the Earth's resources -- and for what gain? There are secret bases that benefit humanity in a very little way. Why does this go on? Earth and the majority of its resources being exploited are not renewable that contribute to these things, so what will happen in the end? Humanity sputters out due to lack of planetary resources to fuel the technologies?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join