It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a wacky theory: Flight MH370 went to Antarctica

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok, before you continue to read, this is just some theory I've been thinking of the last couple of days.

What if the pilot was a believer of the hollow earth theory? Or some passengers who hijacked the plane?
Lets assume the pilot was in on it, which is very likely because of the turning off of all tracking devices and he deleted data from his flight-simulator which was found at his home.
Theoretically the Boeing 777 200ER has a range of almost 9000 miles (over 14,000 km), more than enough to reach Antarctica. According to the last radar signal from flight MH370 it was 1000 miles west of Perth Australia. According to its logical flightpath it was headed directly to Antarctica.

I know, it's a wacky theory, but just wondered what you have got to say about it.

edit on 22-3-2014 by Regenstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
possible... after refeuling on Diego garcia base

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Do you think the secret Nazi base there has a runway long enough to accommodate a 777?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Unless he was planning to fly the plane into some type of opening he believed to be there, I don't think he could land it on Antarctica.

Mcmurdo station might have some radar IDK,

I thought Antarctica could be a destination but then figured landing it would be near impossible, never considered hollow earth

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Regenstorm
I know, it's a wacky theory, but just wondered what you have got to say about it.

The plane has a theoretical range, but planes aren't filled to brimming with fuel because it costs fuel to carry fuel. Planes are normally filled with enough fuel to get them to their destination, plus a reserve to account for deviations and hold-ups. In this case the plane did not have enough fuel to get to Antarctica.

As far as the hollow earth theory, there isn't any evidence at all. Given the fuel situation, we really don't need to address it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

andy06shake

Do you think the secret Nazi base there has a runway long enough to accommodate a 777?

According to Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd's diary his plane was overtaken by some invisible force upon meeting the German discs.
So a runway won't be needed if they're there.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
May as well have. I'm beginning to believe that we may never find out anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

schuyler

Regenstorm

The plane has a theoretical range, but planes aren't filled to brimming with fuel because it costs fuel to carry fuel. Planes are normally filled with enough fuel to get them to their destination, plus a reserve to account for deviations and hold-ups. In this case the plane did not have enough fuel to get to Antarctica.

As far as the hollow earth theory, there isn't any evidence at all. Given the fuel situation, we really don't need to address it.

2 possible answers:

1: On route there are several remote deserted islands, some of them have a landing strip (some date back to WW2). If prepared well enough, it could land there and refuel.
2: Fraud and corruption is everywhere, especially in Asian countries. He could have had more fuel on board than the books say.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was looking into the possibility myself when I realized that some of the best isolated islands for landing the plane were a bit north of Antarctica - I checked on Google Earth, there are some places to land in the lower Indian Ocean.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
--
edit on 22pmSat, 22 Mar 2014 17:12:57 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok why Antarctica?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

crucified
Ok why Antarctica?

Obviously you don't know.
Here is a really interesting thread about the topic, a "must read".
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-3-2014 by Regenstorm because: fixed the link

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You assume too much. I know all about high jump I just see no correlation between a missing airplane and a story. I want you to tell me why YOU think the missing plane would be in Antarctica

edit on 22-3-2014 by crucified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

crucified

You assume too much. I know all about high jump I just see no correlation between a missing airplane and a story. I want you to tell me why YOU think the missing plane would be in Antarctica

edit on 22-3-2014 by crucified because: (no reason given)

Well, as I stated, what if the pilot believed in the hollow earth theory?
There are indications the plane headed that way and there are 2 options.

1: There is nothing there, the plane crashed in the eternal ice and won't be found for a long time. The winter season is starting right now so it could already be under many feet of snow if it crashed.

2: There is something there, either the earth is hollow, or there is some sort of portal (which has been rumored also) and they have reached their destination. In that case it will be very likely we won't hear from them again even if they would return.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I like that theory and I can easily keep an open mind about it. If they do find that plane it will not be surprising if it's in a giant hole in the ice with everyone dead. But the pilot did not seem suicidal which is what he would be risking by flying there and he took nothing to survive those harsh conditions with as far as we know. Even if he landed in Antarctica the passengers probably went crazy and beat him to death with their luggage and then froze to death. I hope they find it soon. I'm very curious like you.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Regenstorm

2 possible answers:

1: On route there are several remote deserted islands, some of them have a landing strip (some date back to WW2). If prepared well enough, it could land there and refuel.
2: Fraud and corruption is everywhere, especially in Asian countries. He could have had more fuel on board than the books say.

The thing is, you are broadening your theory. No longer is it just a couple of pilots, but now we have a significant infrastructure involved either way. In the first instance you have an unnamed airstrip on an unnamed island that, although dating to WW II, can miraculously handle a modern wide body "heavy" 777. So exactly what airstrips are out there as possibilities? Also, someone has managed to get fuel to the air strip, which has all sorts of logistical issues, or b) You have to have a corrupt ground crew that over-filled the airplane and has gone undetected even after being under scrutiny since the incident. And after that you have to ask yourself,

"Why?" Let's pretend there IS a hole in Antarctica. Why would you fly an airplane full of Chinese citizens there in the first place? Why a 777? There's really no upside potential here. A cargo plane full of goodies and few people would make a lot more sense. The overall problem with the theory is that there's no real reason to do what you suggest was done. Add to that the logistical difficulties in pulling it off and you have a vast conspiracy of sorts, but to little purpose. Of all the possibilities so far put forth, it's right up there with a tractor beam from a UFO or a secret laser beam weapon.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That's such a stretch though a complete random what if. What if the pilot believed in scientology and wanted to crash into a volcano? see how silly that is?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

What islands?

A 777 is not a small plane.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Your theory makes no sense.

Why hijack this plane to go to Antarctica when you can catch one that actually goes to Antarctica?

www.antarcticaflights.com.au...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Yes I can see it now, there probably being debriefed by some kind of automaton infused with the power of Vril and of course the brain of Adolf Hitler. In a big Ice cave.
LoL

On a more serious note through plane is still missing along with the 239 passengers and crew!

edit on 23-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join