It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aluminum Menace -First Case Study to Show Direct Link Between Alzheimer’s and Aluminum Toxicit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Aluminum is everywhere.All the equipment used to make,process and store food.Small amounts are continuously coming of this equipment and being ingested or breathed in.

Aluminum is also used in "silver foil" which is not actual silver but deceptively called silver foil to hoodwink you in the same mercury filling are called silver fillings to hoodwink you.These corporate whores are very evil.

People use it in cooking foil which is if you actually think about is actually stupid.

What is the point?

It just prevents the heat getting through meaning it takes longer,you spend more money on energy and higher bills,more time wasted and you get early Alzheimers in the bargain as well...

You take in small amounts of aluminum through your nose, mouth, and skin (via vaccines), which can accumulate over time, especially in your bones and brain
Aluminum is neurotoxic, targeting your central nervous system, which can lead to serious immunological and neurodegenerative disorders
Recent studies show that aluminum contamination in food, drugs, and consumer products is much worse than previously thought

articles.mercola.com... mail&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140322Z1&et_cid=DM42480&et_rid=463249672

When tested in a lab, aluminum contamination has been found in a vast number of products on the market, from foods and beverages to pharmaceuticals, which suggests the manufacturing process itself is a significant part of the problem. Aluminum is found in a shocking number of foods and consumer products, including:

Foods such as baking powder, self rising flour, salt, baby formula, coffee creamers, baked goods and processed foods, coloring and caking agents
Drugs, such as antacids, analgesics, anti-diarrheals, and others; additives such as magnesium stearate
Vaccines—Hepatitis A and B, Hib, DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis), pneumococcal vaccine, Gardasil (HPV), and others
Cosmetics and personal care products such as antiperspirants, deodorants (including salt crystals, made of alum), lotions, sunscreens, and shampoos
Aluminum products, including foil, cans, juice pouches, tins, and water bottles

Does Your Frozen Dinner Come with a Side of Aluminum?

Aluminum contamination in our food supply is a more significant problem than you may think. In a study published in the journal Environmental Sciences Europe,7 researchers analyzed 1,431 non-animal foods and beverages for aluminum content. This is what they found:

77.8 percent had an aluminum concentration of up to 10 mg/kg
17.5 percent had aluminum concentrations between 10 and 100 mgkg
4.6 percent of the samples had aluminum concentrations in excess of 100 mg/kg

Aluminum compounds are often used as additives in foodstuffs. Additional contamination occurs when food comes into contact with aluminum equipment and other items because aluminum is unstable in the presence of acids and bases. Aluminum equipment has a protective oxide film, but this can be damaged as fine fissures develop from normal wear and tear.In the study,8 Table 3 shows the aluminum content of everything from flour and baking mixes to soup, chocolate, beer and wine, and herbal teas. Some products show a wide range of contamination levels, and others are more homogenous. Baked goods are very high because of the common practice of baking and storing foods on aluminum trays.9 The report has numerous other tables that demonstrate how prevalent this toxin is in your food.

If you cook your food in aluminum foil, you are introducing your own contamination. One investigation found that cooking meats in aluminum foil increases their aluminum concentration. Researchers concluded, "eating meals prepared in aluminum foil may carry a health risk by adding to other aluminum sources." As with many toxins, it isn't one exposure here and there that is so concerning—it's the cumulative effect of many smaller exposures over time that can lead to a toxic metal overload and erosion of your health. According to a 2006 study, cooking meat in aluminum foil increased aluminum levels as follows:10

Red meats cooked in aluminum foil showed an increase in aluminum by 89 to 378 percent
Poultry increased by 76 to 214 percent
Aluminum levels increased with higher cooking temperatures and longer cooking times

Aluminum Heads Straight to Your Brain

Aluminum is to your central nervous system as cigarette smoke is to your lungs. Scientists are...

I urge you to read this whole article and spread it about.At any moment industry shills will come here and say Aluminum just like mercury is perfectly safe and spew their "correlation is not causation" crap.That is their favorite ploy nowadays.

At the end of the day YOU are responsible for your health.The greedy money mongers don't care whether your healthy or not as long as they can continue to siphon money out of you.

The article also has tips on how to minimize your exposure to these dangerous metals.

articles.mercola.com...

articles.mercola.com...

edit on 22-3-2014 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

Aluminum is the third most abundant element in the Earth's crust, after silicon and oxygen. Looks like you will never live forever.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

DJW001

Aluminum is the third most abundant element in the Earth's crust, after silicon and oxygen. Looks like you will never live forever.

do you know the difference between co and co2?

do you know how difficult it is extract aluminum from the raw ore?

do you know difference between a compound and a element?

obliviously not.

i want to live forever.healthy.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

championoftruth

DJW001

do you know the difference between co and co2?

do you know how difficult it is extract aluminum from the raw ore?

do you know difference between a compound and a element?

obliviously not.

i want to live forever.healthy.

Yes. This idiot ('Dr.' Mercola) wants you to believe that cooking in aluminum foil will cause Alzheimer's. Seriously?
edit on 22-3-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

championoftruth
At any moment industry shills will come here and say Aluminum just like mercury is perfectly safe and spew their "correlation is not causation" crap.

Congratulations, you played the Shill Gambit in your opening post! That has to be a record time.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ever bite down on small piece of foil accidently left in your Burger?
For normal people, that causes automatic stopping of chewing.
Give this a try and report back...ASAP!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Granite
reply to post by DJW001

When I bit into a peppercorn I automatically stop chewing. It's not a pleasant sensation but I'm not sure what you're inferring here.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GetHyped

Deflect much?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Granite
reply to post by GetHyped

Deflect much?

I'm inquiring as to what you point is. Are you saying the sensation of aluminium on teeth is unpleasant is evidence for the toxicity of aluminium?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Granite
reply to post by DJW001

No, because I don't eat hamburgers. You are more likely to poison yourself with red meat than with normal environmental exposure to aluminum. There is absolutely no debate about the correlation between red meat and heart disease and cancer of the colon.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Do you mot mean a copper deficiency and not only that but maybe a connection to our changing environmemt that now has anothrr hidden force called wifi and othrr means involved with technology.

I simply cant see how there are no effects of the altered frequency we are adding to the planet.
I also think climate is effected by our technology but hey

To add, here's a link to what I posted on another thread. Be warned it's a long read but hey no links.
Possible cure. As above so below.
edit on 22-3-2014 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Just for the sake of completeness, allow me to further expose Mercola's dishonesty. Here is an extract from his primary reference for his claims:

Oral intake of foodstuffs would appear to be the most important source of aluminium. Consequently, the joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives reduced the provisional tolerable weekly intake value for aluminium from 7 mg kg-1 body weight/week to 1 mg kg-1 body weight/week.

Note well: 1 mg for every kilogram of body weight per week.

Of all the samples, 77.8% had an aluminium concentration of less than 10 mg kg-1. Of the samples, 17.5% had aluminium concentrations between 10 and 100 mg kg-1. In only 4.6% of the samples, aluminium concentrations greater than 100 mg kg-1 were found.

In other words, more than three quarters of the foodstuffs tested had a concentration of aluminum less than 10 mg/kg. What does this mean in practical terms? Since the 'recommended dose' is a function of body weight, one does some simple arithmetic. I weigh about 80 kilos, so to exceed the recommended 'dose,' I would need to eat over 8 kilos (about 16 pounds) of food during the course of a week. Anyone consuming this much food will have more urgent health issues than aluminum intake.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Aluminum does not affect the tertiary folding of the a-beta amyloid.

So I have my doubts.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's and other health problems for a long time. So have many other materials, processes and factors. The take-home messages are:

* Many paths can lead to the same place;
* Many factors can trigger the epigenetic processes that lead to Alzheimer's.

The mistake is to focus on single-cause, single effect.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh dear, is this going to be the future of ATS, that anybody who disagrees with anything is going to be labelled a shill?

I sincerely hope not.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've read a lot of sound scientific documents that stated lemon baked in tin foil is a big no no and it is linked to Alzheimer's. But have never seen any legit information about aluminum on its own being the issue.

I'm more inclined to believe the peer reviewed stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'd like to see any study that shows that aluminum causes the Complement Cascade that leads to the neuro-degenerative condition.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Scratch out the focus on Aluminum and replace it with Heavy Metal.

Heavy metal toxicity has been one of many causes for Alzheimers disease.

Aluminum is by definition a heavy metal.

for beezer
reply to post by beezzer

Aluminum does not affect the tertiary folding of the a-beta amyloid.So I have my doubts.

Did you get the a-beta amyloid info from your immediate google search?
I think you did.
There's Larger picture to understand before full understanding.

Here is a small piece to add to that understanding

There is compelling evidence that the etiology of AD involves, among other features, characteristic amyloid-β (Aβ) deposition, severe oxidative stress, and metal-Aβ interactions [14,17,18]. Recent studies have implicated physiological transition metals such as copper (Cu), iron (Fe), and zinc (Zn) and prooxidant non-physiological elements, such as aluminum (Al), as key factors in the pathophysiology of AD

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
there is the amyloud B info from your immediate web search, but then if you notice there is some more info here if you choose to look into it further rather than basing your full opinion off of one immediate google search source result

edit on 3/22/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

beezzer
I'd like to see any study that shows that aluminum causes the Complement Cascade that leads to the neuro-degenerative condition.

There are several key factors that can cause alzheimers

Genetics

Diabetes

Head Trauma

and quite a few more to consider as the most common culprits

Oh, and but there is this too www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And I can source some more stuff from a combination of my general acquired knowledge and education on the disease from my own memory if you'd like more of an understanding. I can also explain to you in my own words, as well as in layman's terms what is being said on these web links if you are not sure.

This is an ongoing problem (IMO) on ATS; people who basically rehash exact phrases and thoughts from (1) online internet search result (to contribute, if you want to call it that) discuss a subject.

This does not encourage thinking skills or education. IMO it encourages nothing positive or accurate (potentially dare I say laziness and a clear lack of understanding?), nor does it promote any kind of real contribution (what happened to posting about experience as a source or actual real life knowledge that you have acquired? I think this would be a more sought after contribution I... M...O.... We can all type alzheimers into google, but this does not mean we understand the full spectrum of what we are reading, nor will it mean what we are reading is an 'absolute' or accurate representation.

Understanding is different from reading about something on a single google search result [source]
Understanding means an accumulation of knowledge from several different mediums and sources (not all being internet sources) and preferably experience in real life on said subject to add to what you know about it as well

edit on 3/22/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I always prefer the more appropriate focus on epigenetics (as opposed to genetics).

J Inorg Biochem. 2010 Sep;104(9):1010-2. Evidence supporting a biological role for aluminum in chromatin compaction and epigenetics.

Lukiw WJ.
Author information
Abstract
Averaging 8.1% (w/w) of the earth's crust, aluminum is the most highly abundant metal in our biosphere, yet has long been thought to serve no essential biological function. In aqueous solutions, aluminum salts and hydroxides are exceptionally potent aggregators of biological molecules, often coalescing molecular species to the point that they precipitate out of solution. A biological function for aluminum is proposed in which this abundant, high charge density metal cation has a significant role in biomolecular compaction. Sometimes, molecules ectopically aggregated by aluminum are associated with pathological conditions. The data further suggests that a specific consequence of 'aluminum biocompaction' may be particularly important in the condensation of A+T-rich chromatin domains, and in silencing the expression of specific kinds of genetic information.
PMID: 20684046

edit on 22/3/14 by soficrow because: add u

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join