It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerberg a hypocryite on internet privacy, Facebook is a data mining operation with numerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
MARK ZUCKERBERG IS A HYPOCRITE ON INTERNET PRIVACY AS FACEBOOK IS A GIANT DATA MINING OPERATION WITH NUMEROUS GOVERNMENT CONNECTIONS

Snip> Back in 2013, one of the documents released from the Edward Snowden leak revealed a National Security Agency (NSA) data collection program called PRISM. This program allows the NSA to secretly collect data from some of the biggest technology providers in the world. The only oversight of the program is the secret FISA court which is nothing more than a rubber stamp for all illegal and unconstitutional government spying. The document further revealed that Facebook began participating with the NSA in that program beginning in 2009.
When this news originally broke, Zuckerberg flatly denied knowing anything about PRISM claiming that the NSA did not have direct access to their servers. Notice how he did not rule out indirect access. Even though there are certainly questions surrounding Snowden, it appears as if Zuckerberg has been lying about Facebook’s cooperation with the government.

Snip>Truth be told, Zuckerberg could really care less about people’s privacy. He has publically stated that privacy is no longer a social norm. Facebook has also been criticized for their questionable privacy policies on numerous occasions. If all that wasn’t bad enough, Zuckerberg during the early days of Facebook apparently told a college friend that people were “dumb #s” for trusting him with their personal information.
All of the noise that Zuckerberg and others have created has prompted the Obama regime to hold a second meeting with technology executives to discuss Internet privacy. Zuckerberg is supposed to be amongst the people attending. Despite the overtones, this is not a meeting in which Internet privacy will be the main topic of conversation. Instead it will be a meeting of angry technology executives expressing their displeasure that their companies have been exposed as government data collection fronts.

The rest

Not that this is breaking news for most of us here at ATS. We all know what is going on around these internets. There is quite a bit of anti-semitism in the article. They could have said the same thing without the incendiary language. Over all it is a good rant.

On edit: All caps because that is how the article is headed. It is not me screaming.
edit on 21-3-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/21/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title fix, all caps

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"Facebook" and "Privacy" are mutually exclusive terms.

So it's understandable that Mr. Zuckerberg could care less.

And any user of Facebook has shown by their actions that they
are not concerned about their privacy either.

Probably the reason for the lack of replies...no one wants to admit
hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Exactly the reason I am not on Facebook. Not only do I not care what people I went to school with are doing, it's clearly just a data mining operation. When you have people losing their jobs over what they post and employers monitoring staff's Facebook pages why do people not just wake up? Jeez, I sound like David Icke.

It's just ridiculous. it truly is.
edit on 21-3-2014 by cado angelus because: Pinot Grigio

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

cado angelus
reply to post by rival

Exactly the reason I am not on Facebook. Not only do I not care what people I went to school with are doing, it's clearly just a data mining operation. When you have people losing their jobs over what they post and employers monitoring staff's Facebook

I am not really bothered they data mine on facebook not like we are making our plans to take over the world on it , yep gripes about everyday society ,funny memes , pictures of kids to share with family across the country.

Till people start getting dragged out their houses for their political preferences or thoughts on society I really don't care .

ETA forgot to say why the hell would people want their employers on their facebook or allow it
edit on 21/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It seems like a matter of what's good for me is not good for thee. Marky can data mine and sell all the info all he wants, it's what he does to make money.

But, let the government do it for any other reason, and it suddenly becomes offensive? Sounds hypocritical, and like a double standard.
Also, he got caught not only knowing, but allowing it and participating, but tried to lie about it and deny it. He was embarrassed, and thought it would have far more reaching repercussions than it did.

Sadly, millenials are a bit slow, and don't care that full dossiers can and have been built on them simply based on their FB profiles, with their willing participation.

If they don't care, why should I?

Never had a FB account, never will, but then again, that makes ME suspicious.

Lol.

When I investigated the company behing the ACA in Canada, they were also utilizing PRISM. Aside from that, they are also directly linked to oil and fracking in Texas. Amazing what you can learn doing a little research. And people wonder why Obama grants only certain companies oil drilling contracts, and continues to refuse the pipeline. Keep digging, it's all there, and all about the money.

But, that's a whole other thread I don't even feel like writing. Maybe someone else will endeavor to go there.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Zuckerberg is simply amplifying the grand *Illusion* that he is oh so surprised and concerned when in fact he is 100% involved in government data-mining operations.

He is attempting to instill the mindset that he didn't know or support any such thing.

Many politicians are doing the same masquerading too lately.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A Conniving Hypocrite, may I add.

He had users innocently tag their friends in photos - basically assigning an identity to facial imagery. Now we learn that Facebook has facial recognition technology with accuracy that is close to that of a human perception. We can only imagine how this could easily be abused....and it is very likely that he will.

Facebook Facial Recognition Takes a Giant Scary Leap

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yep. he's the epitome of hypocrisy. Facebook along with a few others doomed our privacy because they could. It's good to rant about this.

Just wanted to add that it's not just the private corps giving data to the government. The governments (local, state, federal) also give private companies access to their databases as well. They wash each others' backs so we're double doomed.

This is the only selfie I ever post...beats facial recog software everytime

edit on 3/21/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Did everyone forget about this meeting???????

Photographic evidence: Zuck owns shirt with collar.
Amid a struggling economy and high unemployment, President Barack Obama met Thursday night with a small, elite group of Silicon Valley business leaders to sound them out on his economic policies.

The president's plane touched down at San Francisco International Airport at 5:40 p.m., where he sprinted off the plane and was greeted by Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, Attorney General Kamala Harris, San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee. He then posed for pictures with supporters before bounding onto a helicopter for a short flight to Cañada Community College in Redwood City.

Later, the president's motorcade arrived in tony downtown Woodside, where crowds gathered to cheer him on before he met with 12 tech executives for a private 90-minute dinner at the home of prominent Silicon Valley venture capitalist John Doerr -- a big campaign donor.

the story

President Barack Obama talks with Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg before a dinner with Technology Business Leaders in Woodside, California, Feb. 17, 2011. Also pictured, left to right, are Carol Bartz, Yahoo! President and CEO; Art Levinson, Genentech Chairman and former CEO; Steve Westly, Founder and Managing Partner, The Westly Group; and Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman and CEO of Google. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
Those invited included Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo. White House officials confirmed all those on the guest list were present.

edit on 21-3-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Why do you bother with Facebook ? Its opt in.
Go bother about Windows, its almost mandatory.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Star for you my friend. I would like to take my turn with this phony too! This guy pisses me off more than any other fraud out there because he does it and then calls the public Dumb Sh--'s for believing him. I wish we could all get in a line and walk by him and pay our respects, then zip up our pants and leave the urine stained chump.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have a facebook account and I don't feel that my private life is suffering from it.

It's not like you HAVE to put on EVERYTHING of your life on facebook, what I put on there, I don't care if the whole world knows. People on FB aren't FORCED everyday to share private information, they do so by themselves.

Other than those totally not interested, many of you here with no facebook account seem to not have one due to paranoia and not knowing how facebook works.

Having a FB account will not divulge to the whole world the color of your panties if you don't publish them first.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I get what you are saying. I have one that I just communicate with family that live all over. I have never filled out the profile stuff: like where you were born, where you went to school ect...

Most people aren't that bright.

new topics

top topics

join