It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli airstrikes escalate tensions with Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Israeli warplanes unleashed a series of airstrikes on Syrian military posts early Wednesday, killing one soldier and wounding seven in one of the most serious clashes between the countries in the past four decades.

.......The Israeli military said its warplanes hit a Syrian army training facility, an army headquarters and artillery batteries. Israel also had carried out artillery strikes against Syrian military targets shortly after Tuesday's bombing.

Israeli airstrikes escalate tensions with Syria

So while everyone is searching for a missing plane Israel is beginning to lay waste to Palestine and Syria.....again.

I'll bet everyone thought we we're through with Syria, think again.

Is it just me or does this feel like the final dance? We have softened Africa and the middle east over the past decade. Keeping Russia awfully busy over there in Ukraine. Hmmm, I hope Putin isn't too busy to provide assistance to Syria and in the near future Iran. I hope Syria is still around to help Iran in the near future. I guess distractions are good for some things.

Well played western powers, well played. Next stop, Iran! Choo Choo!
edit on 20-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I have a feeling that plane will be used against Israel.
They have been oppressing people far too long, no wonder so many people are fed up with them, especially every other middle eastern country. I wont go off on a huge rant on it, but israels time is numbered i think. Could be wrong, but a nuclear israel is an accident or ww3 waiting to happen.

S&F
edit on 20/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

AzureSky
I have a feeling that plane will be used against Israel.
They have been oppressing people far too long, no wonder so many people are fed up with them, especially every other middle eastern country. I wont go off on a huge rant on it, but israels time is numbered i think. Could be wrong, but a nuclear israel is an accident or ww3 waiting to happen.

S&F
edit on 20/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

I suspect you may be right but under a different premise. "By way of deception thou shalt wage war". I predict that if Israel gets attacked by a 777 it would be because they attacked themselves with it and blamed it on their enemies, similar to the way the attacked the USS Liberty to get the US to attack Egypt. More in line with what I can see happen (if Israel/US had the plane...not saying they do) would be to use it on a US target and blame the muslims. We Americans are losing our stomach for war, perhaps that would rejuvenate it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

That Zionist group over there and their neo-con cousins over here are always worth keeping a eye on .I would think that Putin knows where all the pawns are located on the board and after his brilliant move just recently has caused them to try and figure out what next desperate move to make . So only one dead and several wounded in the latest skirmish wont be much of a distraction .I would think that one more complaint filed at the UN on the pile that is there already wont change much either .....peace

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I'm not sure.
I think a lot more people will cry foul this time, instead of a knee jerk reaction like 9/11, hopefully cool heads prevail. But i hear that they may have found pieces of it in the ocean, which is what i thought in the beginning. I think we're all tired of the crap and wont take it anymore, we're already beyond the breaking point of our planet. Something needs to go down or we're doomed. Cutting off israel is a start. I dont like my country (canada) being affiliated with a government that has committed genocide. We are liable for that.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

the OP left out the part where roadside bombs had been planted by hamas, and caused death and injuries to Israelis.....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Like I said in another thread.
while everyone is lopking for the missing aircraft........

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Helpful hint, everytime somebody fires artillery, mortors or missiles at Israel they fire back. Considering the fact that Israel is capable of turning any/all of it neighbors into rubble and nobody could do anything to stop them thier normal response is relatively restrained. Being invaded by everybody in area with the intent to exterminate your nation several times tends to make people trigger happy.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
which is why israel keeps breaking the cease fires

The airstrikes came in retaliation for a roadside bombing

from the link in the OP
in this case its the typical 911 style false flag...yet again...all thats missing (from the article) is the dancing israelis
edit on Thuam3b20143America/Chicago11 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Thuam3b20143America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

jimmyx

the OP left out the part where roadside bombs had been planted by hamas, and caused death and injuries to Israelis.....

SO Hamas sets up an roadside bomb and injures Israelis. Check.

Hamas sided with the rebels during the "Syrian crisis" against Assad. Check.

Israel attacks Syrian military outposts in retaliation for said roadside bomb. Chec....wait, what? hmm....ok

But the crisis in Syria has ruptured the old "axis of resistance," with regional forces giving the two organizations opposing stakes in the conflict and bringing unprecedented tension to their relationship. While Hezbollah fighters have fought and died for Bashar al-Assad in some of the civil war's fiercest battles, Hamas has thrown in its lot with the rebels and retreated deeper into the embrace of Sunni Islamist powers in the region.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's like they stopped caring about fact checking first. Just like how they waive Al Qaeda at us. Suddenly everyone's "Al Qaeda", yet when they attack our enemies they become "rebels".

The spin is so dizzying I can't keep my balance.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

MrSpad
Helpful hint, everytime somebody fires artillery, mortors or missiles at Israel they fire back. Considering the fact that Israel is capable of turning any/all of it neighbors into rubble and nobody could do anything to stop them thier normal response is relatively restrained. Being invaded by everybody in area with the intent to exterminate your nation several times tends to make people trigger happy.

I know, I know, I just keep forgetting....Israel is the victim. My apologies...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So while everyone is searching for a missing plane Israel is beginning to lay waste to Palestine and Syria.....again.

This might be just a bit over dramatic.
For one thing, the Syrians themselves are 'laying waste' to a lot more territory in Syria than the Israelis ever have.

And if the Israelis 'laid waste' to Palestine previously, there shouldn't be much left to destroy, right?

Noun 1. laying waste - destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined laying waste - destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined ruining, wrecking, ruination, ruin destruction, devastation - the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists

the free dictionary

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks for the definition.

Fine, Israel is not "laying waste" to Syria, they are violating the sovereign nation of a neighbor via air strikes "laying waste" to those positions because "Hamas" planted a roadside bomb on Syria's territory (Golan Heights) occupied by Israel.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

Fine, Israel is not "laying waste" to Syria, they are violating the sovereign nation of a neighbor via air strikes "laying waste" to those positions because "Hamas" planted a roadside bomb on Syria's territory (Golan Heights) occupied by Israel.

No problem, you're welcome!

IMO, Israel should have kept the Sinai, West Bank and Gaza strip in addition to the Golan Heights as part of the spoils of war. But we know that they gave in and returned them, in exchange for peace.... where's that at?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

MrSpad

Those Israeli monsters always pickin' on those poor Palestinians. Hamas are nice people if you don't count the roadside bombs, suicide bombers, and intifadas.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

UnBreakable

Rosinitiate

MrSpad

Those Israeli monsters always pickin' on those poor Palestinians. Hamas are nice people if you don't count the roadside bombs, suicide bombers, and intifadas.

Than perhaps Israel should attack Hamas and not Syria, they are not the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

UnBreakable

Rosinitiate

MrSpad

I guess it's hard to tell Hamas from the Syrians they're training.

" 'Military wing of Hamas training Syrian rebels' "

www.jpost.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

UnBreakable

Rosinitiate

UnBreakable

Rosinitiate

MrSpad

I guess it's hard to tell Hamas from the Syrians they're training.

" 'Military wing of Hamas training Syrian rebels' "

www.jpost.com...

Yes, that would be my point. "Syrian Rebels" not Syrian Military Outposts. So if a group of Canadian citizens come to the US and set up a roadside bomb, the US should drone strike Canadian military establishments. Makes sense, I can see the effective diplomacy there.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As usual, I'm angry! Where is Israel's official declaration of war? Why does this country think it can pre-emptively strike any nation with impunity? It's getting OLD.
ETA: "Our policy is clear. We hurt those who hurt us," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said. Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon said Assad would "regret his actions" if attacks continue.
These guys are just as bad and low as these 'terrorists'. Since someone, anyone for that matter, planted a bomb on a roadside, Syria proper gets bombed? Oh Eye for an Eye right? No, these days it's a life for an eye...
edit on 3 20 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Found an interesting comment by BN

jimmyx

Wow that's interesting, Jimmy. Every source I've come across says that the bombers are unknown. Please do share the source for this claim, that Hamas was behind the roadside attack.

edit on 3 20 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Replied

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

butcherguy

Rosinitiate

No problem, you're welcome!

IMO, Israel should have kept the Sinai, West Bank and Gaza strip in addition to the Golan Heights as part of the spoils of war. But we know that they gave in and returned them, in exchange for peace.... where's that at?

There are no spoils of war when it comes to land because annexing land by force is against international law. Going by your reasoning Europe should belong to the UK, America, Canada and Australia seeing how they captured the land from the Nazis during WW2. If you want to know where the peace is at ask the ZioNazis that keep breaking peace treaties.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join