It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China "Ready To Cooperate" With Crimea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
China speaks on Crimea and Ukraine and subtly gives support for Crimea as a separate country. Yet supposedly that's not all they indicated earlier today. So which is it?

China "Ready To Cooperate" With Crimea

As ITAR-TASS reports, spokesperson for China's Ministry of Commerce Shen Danyang said that while "the situation in Ukraine remains tense," and they are watching developments, "we are ready for cooperation with Crimea after the situation there gets back to normal.” This appears to implicitly recognize Crimea as its own region - as opposed to part of Ukraine.

Earlier today China apparently indicated some division from Russia over Crimea's referendum to split from Ukraine. As this appears to come from the VOA and is an interpretation of some US academic I'm not sure what credence I give the conclusion but agree that China may indeed be thinking of Taiwan as these things are being said.

"China always respects the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all states. The Crimean crisis should be resolved politically under the frameworks of law and order. We call on all sides to remain calm and exercise restraint to avoid further escalation of the tension," said Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hong Lei.

"China has a very strict anti-secession One-China policy." Voice of America

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

russia and china have trade agreements that don't involve the USD...
the us might just wind up with isolationist stance that the patriots always wanted..
while the vampire squid that created the isolated state have moved on to different destinations
and left the us peeps holding an mt bag of gold painted rocks...
and wearing targets on thier backs

none of these communist countries have forgotten who funds communism

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
See, I knew it was a bad idea when Britain gave up its empire. We brought some sense and order to the world. Now it's all gone tits up.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I hadn't looked at it from China's hard stance on those regions over there .Now I have to go read more stuff about how they may respond . Well I guess they have but what does it mean ....tks op

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

CallYourBluff
See, I knew it was a bad idea when Britain gave up its empire. We brought some sense and order to the world. Now it's all gone tits up.

Ahhh shaddap, you're just jealous because their empire is stronger and winning over peoples hearts and minds rather than blowing them out.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

There is a quote I only vaguely remember from a Native American that says something to the effect that what the British gave to the Natives was the ability to communicate one to another using the English language ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

China has the same agenda as the Russians - the acquisition of an empire. Both countries are busy trying to redraw the global map in their favor, so you expect them to support Russia's stance on Crimea. Guarantee you China's looking beyond it's borders for further expansion.

War is coming to a country near you!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleGreenAlien

Only if you live in Ukraine at the moment . But there are other wars going on .Syria has been absent from the news as late ..curious is it not ?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wonder if China would allow Tibet to have a vote to become their own country.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by irgust

Was this testing the water to see whether or not China could swallow up North Korea, and have the world do nothing about that, as well? I guess we will see. It is quite obvious that China and Russia were in on this little play from the get-go, though. I really hate duplicity.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

sparklez

CallYourBluff

Ahhh shaddap, you're just jealous because their empire is stronger and winning over peoples hearts and minds rather than blowing them out.

What language do you currently speak?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Doubtful on North Korea, more likely is Taiwan and/or the south China Sea islands. Of those I'd wager the islands first then Taiwan down the road sometime unless something big changes (like a world war.)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

CallYourBluff

sparklez

CallYourBluff

I am speaking Unicode currently.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

sparklez

CallYourBluff

sparklez

CallYourBluff

All of this while mildly humorous adds nothing to the topic at hand.

Please stay on topic, thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

sparklez

CallYourBluff

sparklez

CallYourBluff

Really ? So where are the zeros and ones ?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
China might have some investments in Crimea....

Billions

(Dec 2013)

In Ukraine is in political crisis, the plan of construction of the canal behind aspiring Nicaragua mysterious China Telecom entrepreneur announced, will spend $10000000000 to build a deep-water port in the Crimea peninsula.

In Ukraine President Victor Anukovic (Viktor Yanukovich) recently during his visit to China, Chinese businessman Wang Jing announced his new plan. The capital of Ukraine is now being protesters besieged, Yanukovich needed to get from here to China government loans and infrastructure investment.

(the number is $10 billion)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Catacomb

Doubtful on North Korea, more likely is Taiwan and/or the south China Sea islands. Of those I'd wager the islands first then Taiwan down the road sometime unless something big changes (like a world war.)

You are right, I had forgotten about all of that, and the islands disputed with the Phillipines...messed up. I hope for the best, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

China might have some investments in Crimea....

Oh yeah they do. In Ukraine as well though that may be on hold a little longer as that currency bottoms out, er, stabilizes. Looks like this was China's way of supporting Russia (through abstention in the UN,) giving the US a poke in the eye and letting the world know they haven't given up on the islands and Taiwan. All at the same time.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

"we are ready for cooperation with Crimea after the situation there gets back to normal.”

That pretty much somes it up for China. What is normal? Ah well that is for China to decide. The can not support Crimea because it would cause problems with Tibet. So they neither support Russia nor oppose Russia. In the UN vote the abstained which is sign to the West that China is sitting this thing out.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

CallYourBluff
Now it's all gone tits up.

More of these would mean less hostilities worldwide.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join