It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden, Russia/Crimea, Flight MH370 connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
People are thinking it, I'm saying it.

This just in...

Russia says it will retaliate against sanctions
Russian politicians have dismissed the sanctions as insignificant and a badge of honour.

The State Duma, or lower house, adopted a statement urging Washington and Brussels to extend the visa ban and asset freeze to all its members.

Echoing comments from Mr Putin, Russia's Foreign Minister sharply criticised the sanctions, and said it will retaliate.

"Attempts to speak to Russia in the language of force and threaten Russian citizens with sanctions will lead nowhere," it said in a statement.

"The adoption of restrictive measures is not our choice; however, it is clear that the imposition of sanctions against us will not go without an adequate response from the Russian side."

link

Putin just said any sanctions will be viewed as aggression. I'm 42 and since my last memory regarding the old Soviet Union, we (N.America) haven't ever gone through "sanctions" with Russia. Since the fall of the Berlin wall, things have actually been quite peaceful. No real rhetoric of any saber rattling went on with Russia, but I always wondered what she would do if the UN tried that with her. Sanctions are being pulled all the time on misbehaving countries like the most notorious ones, Iran, N. Korea but never on Russia. We always know the outcome when sanctions are pulled, eventually they cave but this is Russia we're talking about.

Why is Putin suddenly taking such an enormous war maneuver? Quite the 'ballsy' thing to do. We've gone 24 years or so since the cold war ended, what is different this time? Then Snowden came to mind. Could it be possible that Snowden has revealed more than just NSA spying to the Kremlin? Something in Putin's attitude has changed towards Obama. I don't think those two like each other much, they've got some nagging issues they haven't resolved. It's my opinion he's really pissed at Obama because he managed to thwart the Syrian plan to build a pipeline to send oil throughout the middle east. Perhaps Crimea is a second option and this time they're doing it their way.

Then there's flight 370 and the timing. Something tells me this is connected in a BIG way. Maybe, now just maybe, snowden's documents revealed something about hacking into a 777? Hell, the NSA can hack anything so it seems. I don't want to get crazy with speculation so I'll leave it at that. I just think something in those Snowden files may have compromised national security and Putin has an ace up his sleeve.
edit on 18-3-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Russia and the US have been pissed at each other for a long time now ( for some reason) its not just Obama and Putin. The US and Russia hold a grudge against each other for differing views. The Snowden situation didn't help and who knows what he revealed to the Russians. I think it is purely coincidence that this flight is missing and highly doubt it has anything to do with US/Russian relations. Its probably in the Ocean somewhere, but it is quite the mystery.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Putin's address to The Russian Parliament earlier today when he announced that Crimea was now part of The Russian Federation. In the audience was one Edward Snowden.
Shown on BBC News earlier today.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

And if it's not in the ocean? I tell you, if things go sideways, that plane and passengers make one hell of a bargaining chip.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Oh Snap!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No kidding.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

FlySolo

No kidding.

I kid you not.

So much for a chap who was spouting the word " Freedom"

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Do you think this may tie into all as well?

No one has yet to definitively nail down the motivation behind this cryptic website being discussed in this thread...

The Last Election???
edit on 3/18/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky typos

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well, looks like Putin and Snowden are buddies now. How ironic

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Got a link?

I do think Putin's attitude has a lot to do with Snowden's info, but I don't think it was given willingly but either forced or used as a bargaining chip for Snowden's safety. If the U.S. had treated him like the whistle blower he is, Putin would have no leverage.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

From day one I have allowed myself to 'consider' the possibility that Putin is showing America that we are not on the 'leading edge' of technology.

Unlike America, Russia doesn't 'flaunt' it's technology. That speaks louder than words, IMO.
obuma definitely lacks finesse, and Putin isn't the only one he rubs the wrong way.....

If a person is open-minded enough to allow themselves to consider ALL possibilities, this one certainly deserves at least a passing thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

...and there is this as well...might as well throw this one into the mix of coincidental happenings...

What are the Russians doing of the coast of Florida

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

kosmicjack

Got a link?

I do think Putin's attitude has a lot to do with Snowden's info, but I don't think it was given willingly but either forced or used as a bargaining chip for Snowden's safety. If the U.S. had treated him like the whistle blower he is, Putin would have no leverage.

Here is a link:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

However i may have made a mistake, if you watch the link the guy in the audience does look like Snowden. However i am not now 100% sure. Your opinions would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Are you talking about the guy at 24 seconds? That's not Snowden.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I think it's a big show. They are both in the same side, outside of public view. Russia still let's the USA have a supply line through it to Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

kosmicjack

Are you talking about the guy at 24 seconds? That's not Snowden.

Yes that's the one.
I have ran it a few times, and you're correct. My bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Although...even with all of the aforementioned...one could also argue that this may be a simple case of...

Apophenia - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apophenia /æpɵˈfiːniə/ is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

The term is attributed to Klaus Conrad by Peter Brugger, who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness", but it has come to represent the human tendency to seek patterns in random information in general, such as with gambling and paranormal phenomena.

Simply posting the above in an effort to include and account for other possibilities.
edit on 3/18/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky typos

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I had a thought once...only a thought....that maybe Snowden knew much more than they let on...like the status of the military and/or issues the usa had. Like maybe he got all this knowledge that the usa is severely weak right now.

I have no evidence of this nor do i think that is what happened but it crossed my mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In my opinion this entire thing is about Russia's military options. Russia is doing all of these things because it wants to retain FIRM control over the Crimean Peninsula, ensuring that it has access to the Black Sea. Remember, this is Russia's ONLY warm-water naval base, and it is in an extremely strategic location. That is why they seem to be going to such lengths. This is why they haven't invaded the Ukraine itself as well, because they do fear war with the West.

If Putin didn't care at all, why hasn't he already seized the natural resources in Northern Ukraine, where by the way he has amassed a large number of units? I suppose he still could, but that definitely would be viewed as an all out aggressive action. What is going on in Crimea is different. You see how Russia did this whole referendum or voting thing? Why would they bother if they didn't care what the rest of the world thought?

They were doing that to give a more justified look to the action, which was motivated by the reasons I've already given. So I don't see Russia invading Ukraine, UNLESS things escalate, and Russia feels that it doesn't have as much to lose.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Of course they are all connected.

Putin actually did Obama the biggest favor in the world by granting Snowden asylum. I think that even though Obama publicly made a scene about Snowden being granted asylum in Russian, he really wanted it to happen. Think about it....if Snowden was arrested and brought back to the US on espionage charges, there would have been a trial.

Imagine all of the revelations about the DHS, NSA, and all the other alphabet agencies at a trial. Probably alot more information about the US spying program would have come to light that they are trying hard to downplay as just hunting terrorist with and nothing more.

And this plane is nothing more than a big distraction tactic to keep people from asking the real questions of what is going on in Crimea/Ukraine. I have refused to get caught up in this whole "plane has disappeared" nonsense. Especially since if you turn on the western news you would think this is the only story happening in the world. Almost everything they say about it is either outright lies or misinformation. So either the existence of this flight is in question or the information being provided for public consumption is entirely skewed. Either way, I don't believe anything they say about it. The US military (and many others around the globe) have the ability to track any man made object in the air. Assuming that flight 370 is real, somebody knows exactly where it went and they have chosen to keep it from the public.

Notice how they zeroed in on the two Iranian guys with stolen passports. They then speculated that evil Iranian terrorists were responsible for the plane disappearing while offering absolutely zero proof. I've even seen them bring up some of the more outlandish theories like aliens, bermuda triangle, etc just so they can keep airing material about it and keep this story going.

What is happening in Ukraine is far more significant than this made up plane disappearance story. Considering the utter insanity we have seen from the US government, this could very well lead to a war. A real one, not a phony made up war on "terror" or "drugs" or "poverty" or any of the other BS wars that Americans get pushed down their throats and conditioned to accept every day.

Russia has not been sissified like the majority of Americans have. Anyone who thinks a war with the Bear would be a quick easy affair is extremely naive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join