It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force sacks two commanders in Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

RAF MILDENHALL, England — Two U.S. Air Force commanders in the 422nd Air Base Group at RAF Croughton have been relieved over a loss of confidence in their abilities.

Col. Charles Hamilton, who commanded the base group since 2011, and Lt. Col. Matthew Olson, who commanded the 422nd Communications Squadron since July, were relieved of command on Thursday by the 501st Combat Support Wing commander after an investigation, officials said.

www.stripes.com...

So what are we up to now on the sackings of U.S. officers for this president's term of office? 199? america-wake-up.com...

The article says this sacking was more about leadership and organizational style than about a specific event. So, to me that reads, they did nothing wrong, broke no rules, but are not in line with what this administration wants. How common is it to replace Commanders? I really doubt that got to that level without a good amount of professionalism, so why were they really sacked?

Just keeping everyone up to date here on the continuing purge. Apparently when every dissenting or unmanipulative officer is removed, he will be done. At that point we are in for real trouble-IMO.
edit on 18-3-2014 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I accidentally posted this under Fragile Earth, but ironically that forum fits the bill for many subjects. Mods please fix, thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

SunnyDee so why were they really sacked?

Without more information one can only speculate.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
THAT AIN'T NOTHIN'

Here is a list of all the sacked commanders and key personnel-put out yesterday.

rense.com...

Shame on the Obama Administration.
edit on 3/18/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Very true, and what we do here!

It's important to the ongoing world political story, that's all. The details are somewhat there. They say that they did nothing wrong, just not that right style of leaders. And like I said, does the position of commander not already have the necessary professionalism worked out by the time that are given the position?

Just an FYI thread, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

anon72
THAT AIN'T NOTHIN'

Here is a list of all the sacked commanders and key personnel-put out yesterday.

rense.com...

Did you really give me a bunch of thumbs down? Did I not post in the OP the same thing as you? I posted a second link to the 197 fired officers. Oh well, I tried.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Now get the rest of your military out of Europe. It's not wanted here, and is a waste of your tax money.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Stalinist purge...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nolimits

Sorry, but our military is not leaving just yet. These guys were just replaced, and you can bet their replacement was not a good thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

From your link "-Retired Army Major General Paul Vallely:The White House protects their own.That's why they stalled on the investigation into fast and furious, Benghazi and Obamacare.He's intentionally weakening and gutting our military, Pentagon and reducing us as a superpower, and anyone in the ranks who disagrees or speaks out is being purged.

-Retired Army Major General Patrick Brady: There is no doubt he (Obama) is intent on emasculating the military and will fire anyone who disagrees with him.
-Retired Army Lt. General William G. Jerry Boykin:Over the past three years, it is unprecedented for the number of four-star generals to be relieved of duty, and not necessarily relieved for cause.

-Retired Navy Captain Joseph John:I believe there are more than 137 officers who have been forced out or given bad evaluation reports so they will never make Flag (officer), because of their failure to comply to certain views.

A Pentagon official who asked to remain nameless because they were not authorized to speak on the matter said even young officers, down through the ranks have been told not to talk about Obama or the politics of the White House. They are purging everyone and if you want to keep your job just keep your mouth shut. Now this trend appears to be accelerating."

One could only hope that their replacements are less then stellar .Thinking about the possibilities of war with Russia it might seem like it doesn't matter but I would think you would want your best and that includes people that don't necessarily agree with you .

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Or they were involved in something that would be embarassing for the military and they were reassigned rather than charged.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Commanders are the doers, they are the most practical and capable. If they are being sacked its because they see a problem with the orders and refuse to follow them to their or their mens death.

In light of history how reasonable is an order to "conquer the world"?

Just my take…

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

SunnyDee

Sorry, but our military is not leaving just yet. These guys were just replaced, and you can bet their replacement was not a good thing.

They'll leave the second a host nation demands it, or they should be forcibly removed from the bases they occupy.

edit on 18-3-2014 by Nolimits because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

They typically mention a scandal if that is the reason. Past firings have mentioned scandals, but this article says no to that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Nolimits

SunnyDee

They'll leave the second a host nation demands it, or they should be forcibly removed from the bases they occupy.

edit on 18-3-2014 by Nolimits because: (no reason given)

Well you know what opinions are like, and we've all got them!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

SunnyDee
reply to post by Elton

They typically mention a scandal if that is the reason. Past firings have mentioned scandals, but this article says no to that.

Ya, but they (the news) only report what they have been told, so I can imagine some scandals that would be better kept quiet (again we are just speculating).

edit on 18-3-2014 by Elton because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Not quite getting you. This is not about scandals, this is about purging our military of good men, for sheepish new commanders that will, as the word "sheepish" reflects, do what they are told and not think for themselves at the most critical of times.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

SunnyDee
reply to post by Elton

Not quite getting you. This is not about scandals, this is about purging our military of good men, for sheepish new commanders that will, as the word "sheepish" reflects, do what they are told and not think for themselves at the most critical of times.

We seem to have moved from speculation, I guess without any evidence I am not so quick to apply a motive to their removal.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

SORRY. They weren't for you.

But for Obama and Co. I edited.

All Good here!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

SunnyDee

How do you know? Do you know these people personally? People can cry purge all they want but if these commanders are on the take or not able to lead effectively then they need to be replaced and people who can get the job done put in their place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join