It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Flight 370 Scenario So Far - Theory of an actual pilot

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

If therr was a fire it may have started in the ELT.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

JimTSpock
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You don't need pressurized oxygen to stay alive that is saying the pilots need pressurized oxygen to have no oxygen starvation and no hypoxia at all and not be impared to fly the aircraft.

As it says you can breathe 100% oxygen not pressurized at 40,000ft and that is like 10,000ft of altitude which won't kill you.

I think you may be misreading it, the 10,000' at 40,000' analogy is if the pressure hull has not been breached and is what you would feel inside the aircraft. A depressurized aircraft at any altitude is going to experience that altitude internally. The pilots do have pressurized oxygen systems and any depressurization at cruising altitudes and above would require the pilots to have that system to remain functional for any amount of time.

edit on 19-3-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That is not correct.
That data transmits separate of the ACARS I think they said 1 time per hour.
The software package they could have paid to subscribe to also would have transmitted independent of ACARS and would have been monitoring numerous items.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Zaphod58

I was under the impression the B777 had two, one fore, one aft. Are they harnessed together? Could a fire disable both?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

SMOKINGGUN2012

That is not correct.
That data transmits separate of the ACARS I think they said 1 time per hour.
The software package they could have paid to subscribe to also would have transmitted independent of ACARS and would have been monitoring numerous items.

The one hour was the keep alive pings for the data service from the satellite. ACARS would have gone out over that system had ACARS been working. No data was sent - there was only the sat checking with the plane.

The other package was a Boeing product. I posted that days back.

At least this is what my researching has discovered,

edit:

The rolls-royce data that had came from ACARS.
edit on 3/19/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

To fight an electrical fire they shut down the bus. This would include the ELTs.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I was just looking for the exact explanation of those separate of our MSM experts. The way they explained this looks like it was wrong. They tried to explain it like the engine data was separate of ACARS, which it isn't, and that the subscribed service was also separate, also incorrect.

They also have repeatedly made it appear that the pings they got hourly were from the engine data when actually they were from the SATCOM system.

I stand corrected. Kudos....

edit on 19-3-2014 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Well, that's our news people. Instead of digging into how things work they build fancy props to walk around on and draw lines with light using their finger. Too many people want to see something 'cool' instead of listening to words that require thought on a subject to understand it.

Glad you don't fall for it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Zaphod58
To fight an electrical fire they shut down the bus. This would include the ELTs.

Right, I beleive you said that earlier or in one of the other threads. It is getting hard to keep up with all the topics. Apologies.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

No worries. I'm barely keeping up myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Zap, by ELT, is that the location beacon? I thought those were made to deploy on force due to crash on land or water. What am I misunderstanding?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I keep hearing that the "alright goodnight" is unusual for the signoff on the news. Has any info been released on if the co-pilot who said it has said it before, as in maybe his usual signoff? I don't find it that odd to say if you are switching over to a new region, but I am not a pilot. Is it possible the controller said goodnight and he was just answering? Not sure why this keeps coming up in the news.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

roadgravel
Zap, by ELT, is that the location beacon? I thought those were made to deploy on force due to crash on land or water. What am I misunderstanding?

They are supposed to. If it ditched in the southern Indian Ocean, we they are searching now, they would have deployed upon impact unless they were destroyed on impact or disabled prior to. The crash also occured over ten days ago and I believe, according to a manufacturer, they last only 48 hours.

edit on 19-3-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Pilots ALWAYS say "have a good day" or "see you in a few days", etc when handed off. If you listen to liveatc.net you always hear it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
I keep hearing that the "alright goodnight" is unusual for the signoff on the news. Has any info been released on if the co-pilot who said it has said it before, as in maybe his usual signoff? I don't find it that odd to say if you are switching over to a new region, but I am not a pilot. Is it possible the controller said goodnight and he was just answering? Not sure why this keeps coming up in the news.

Hearing controllers and pilots say 'good night' or 'have a good day' is not unusual, at least not in the states. (from what I hear listening to the radio traffic)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Power can be disabled to them, by fire or pulling the breaker. We had to do that on a -135 after it popped three ELTs due to a bad shock sensor.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just listened to Kuala Lumpur tower for a few minutes. The tower and planes were using good morning quite a bit. A 'good night' leaving the air space is probably very common.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Reportedly the cargo included lithium batteries.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Okay, Thanks. That's what I wasn't understanding because at least two of the engineers stated that if the plane crashed the beacon would have been heard immediately by "other traffic" in the area. Two of the pilots were saying similar things and were convinced that the plane hadn't crashed because there was no mention of emergency. They seemed convinced that the plane flew somewhere and landed safely.
But if there was a fire what would prevent them from signaling that in some manner? That is what is so confusing to me---no mayday at all.
As I said earlier, maybe I'm just trying to hope for the best for all those folks on the plane.
Sorry for the questions but I'm having trouble keeping up with all the threads on this and I refuse to listen/watch all the airheads on msm.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

An electrical fire would require pulling the power bus and slowly restoring power once it is out. Depending on where the fire was it could knock out coms, and transponder. Or if a cockpit fire take them and the crew out.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join