It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any way to refine the acute ability to sample other's thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Unlike most folks, when I was much younger, my quasi-extrasensory perception was weaker. I do not recall seeing 'dead people' or hearing voices until my 20s (the past 10 yrs).

Througout my 20s I often have to do a double take if a person said something or not, because I hear their utterance in my head. It usually happenes within a narrow range, of maybe about 10-20ft away as too far its too weak to sense, and too close, well, I dont know why I never pick up the thoughts too close. It is in their voice, but their mouths don't move.

It's become an everyday occurance.. for example the latest episode is I was talking with the guy at the pet shop a block away from my home and I brought up he wasn't in the other day I stopped buy and he said he had service. I heard him say he had to service a pond and a tank, after he said he had service and I was walking away towards the fish tanks. However when I told him I didn't know there were ponds around here as ever seen a pond here in Long Beach and I've been in and out of alot of homes, he was a bit shocked and said how'd u know I service a pond today. I thought nothing of it and explained how it just makes sense, it's either a pond or a tank! =D

Most of the time the thoughts I do read, tend to be about me. However obviously as above, not all. Also, if I'm thinking about or trying to 'read' them, it doesnt work, it just has to come natural. The I'm thinking of a number just doesnt work. It seems it has to be more important and my concience has to be tuned out while my subconscious tunes in or something? Up until this year I've pretty much written it off as intuition.

Anyways I'm convinced most all of us have this ability but understand maybe one's diet, livelihood, and state of mind all play a part? It would be cool to be able to refine it so it is on demand and stronger but at the same time doesn't drive me crazy.

I'm greatful for this tiny tidbit of an ablity however subltle. I'm confident many of yall here have touched upon this ability too. Please chime in, especially if u've found a way to fine tune it. or, if u know why it only works at a certain distance and just random, not by force.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Whoa, you see dead people? Walking around, like ghost? Don't get me wrong, not saying I don't believe you just that that's hard for me to get my mind around except in horror movies and such. Can you describe?

Can't help with the honing of the telepathy either and would hope that there's ways to block against such things as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I never see dead people. I am refering to the concept that toddlers see the dead/spirits till around 3.

Never happened to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, I was talking to someone who said that after adapting a fruit rich diet, no meat, that he was able to "read others thoughts". I do not know how credible what he said was, as everyone calls him a liar. Maybe he was telling the truth though. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I do not recall seeing 'dead people', or hearing voices until my 20s (the past 10 yrs).

^ I meant to reiterate that even as as a toddler I did not experience any paranormal abilities such as seeing spirits of deceased people (in contrast, my 3yo nephew 'saw' my brother in our garage hours after he passed away upstairs and his body was taken the the morgue).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Anyone showing up here and claiming to be telepath or partial telepath I would take with 40 pounds of salt

Even if you are telling the truth, people like you are 1 in a billion.

Don't think that I am some skeptic, no, I am just a realist that human race won't be telepathic till another 10 000 years into the future.

Evolution is a sure train, but a very slow train.

If you speak the truth, you should have 10 or 20 children, because we need your genes in humanity.

Now if you will excuse me, I must reach into my 40 pound bag of salt and smear it all over myself

edit on 17-3-2014 by ZincMag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Also, he told me that he can still do it if he concentrates, but it was easier on a fruitarian diet. Like I said, I don't know how credible these statements.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

SonOfManPrinceMichael
Well, I was talking to someone who said that after adapting a fruit rich diet, no meat, that he was able to "read others thoughts". I do not know how credible what he said was, as everyone calls him a liar. Maybe he was telling the truth though. Stranger things have happened.

I have gone from lactoveg to pescovegan to vegan to raw vegan over roughly the last 10 years, you might be onto something.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

ZincMag

Anyone showing up here and claiming to be telepath or partial telepath I would take with 40 pounds of salt

Don't think that I am some skeptic, no, I am just a realist that human race won't be telepathic till another 10 000 years into the future.

Amen! do you think the human race will just jump into telepathy? i could never consider myself even a partial telepath as it is not communication.

for me what i do eperience is picking up on a few words here and there that were not physically enunciated, and its is random, and within a certain.. distance away

maybe under the breath really is more under the breath than we give credit for. maybe when people have something on the tip of their tongue it escapes anyway somehow?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

ZincMag

Amen! do you think the human race will just jump into telepathy? i could never consider myself even a partial telepath as it is not communication.

for me what i do eperience is picking up on a few words here and there that were not physically enunciated, and its is random, and within a certain.. distance away

maybe under the breath really is more under the breath than we give credit for. maybe when people have something on the tip of their tongue it escapes anyway somehow?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I just remembered an atypical instance from about 2wks ago, a new guy nextdoor moved in and i was about to tell him sometimes i play my music realllly loud while working out, while all the while we were talking about the neighborhood.

he stopped and said 'so you were about to tell me you play an instrument?'

i said no, but i was about to say i play my music really loud while working out.

we then spoke about gardening, eating healthy and preventing diseases and he then interjected that SCHIZOPHRENIA tends to occur with diabetes.

i was afraid to ask him what he meant by that, and wondered as i went inside, if he assumed i was schizophrenic or something (i've never had anyone take me for that before!)

*yikes*

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

What you should try starting with is kind of like a game. Try to get a song or a fraise stuck in a persons head, say a co-worker.
Its kind of like subliminal messaging, mention or whistle the song in the morning when you first show up to work and then go on about your daily routine. A little while later, if your working near them whistle or sing a certain part of the song repetitively. Don't let them notice (Don't be annoying), as this might change their thought pattern. Wait a little while then do the opposite of what you did the first time (whistle/sing). You can "implant" a song/fraise into some ones thoughts this way, though it may not work every time but with a little practice you can start to put more complex thoughts into peoples heads, like the correct way to carry out a task. Just through simple suggestion.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think a person with your abilities might be able to use this to "tune" your thoughts into theirs. Kind of like tuning an instrument, you need a tuning fork for your brain.

You might also want to try keeping a log of when it happens to you. Make sure you include as much detail as possible so later on you can go back and look for patterns or environmental/emotional triggers (your emotions and theirs).

Hope I helped. Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
awesome ideas, Cal.

ireally dont believe i have any telepathic ability, for that would be communication.

imo, 'reading' a word or phrases once in a while from persons, is hardly communicating. that is, telepathy is communication; reading is not communication (however, writing a book or any part of the process of publishing/distributing, is, communication).

i've never had an instance where i feel i had planted an idea. the only atypical occurance (2wks ago) was the new neighbor who seemed to read me (when i was about to say i play music loud). obviously he misread it somewhat wrong (he inferred i was about to say i play music-al instrument). this neighbor is a pure raw vegan, go figure.

will definitely keep a long starting today per ur suggestion, and try to document them on here despite the opening post being sloppy as was in a rush =/

ps- its so mundane.. i wouldnt be surprised if we all able to pick on others thoughts along with body language cues, intuition etc; plus decalcifying the pineals and/or refining the diet wouldnt hurt, either

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

To the OP,
I have a similar gift (recently acquired) where I can "insert" my thoughts into other peoples minds. It's only done when I don't realize I'm doing it and cant be done too often when I try. Usually it's only small stuff, just recently I was craving donuts at work. I was screaming the thought within my head and the next thing I know, my co worker has to excuse himself because he wanted to run across the street to get a donut. Then when he came back, he said it was like someone was telling him he had to get a donut. I know it may sound insignificant so I got together with a group of people online who share the same ability. These people are in the big leaugues, they have made people hire them, make special permissions for them, fall in love with them, or seduce them. I'm nowhere near that level. They told me that in order to "insert my thoughts" upon others, I can't think about whether or not it will work (just like the day of the donut). I have to do it without really putting much thought into it. IMO, I think that may be what you have to do. Most people cant do it on people they're not around. I think it may have something to do with picking up their aura or energy. Most of the people that insert their thoughts upon others have to had been near the person at least once, even if it was 5 years ago.

There were a few other things they also instructed me on that I think may help you as well. Take about 20 mins out your day and go into full alpha meditation in order to have brainwaves more conducive to psychic abilities. When you are "reading" Don't worry about whether it's working, not working or taking too long to work, you are now releasing negative thoughts into your subconscious and if your subconscious isn't on board, neither are your abilities. You may accidentally read your own insecurities as their thoughts which could cause unwanted consequences. And lastly, do small "exercises" to strengthen/tune your abilities. Sometimes, when I go to the grocery store and I see a somewhat attractive man, I will start saying things like "I am attractive, you want me" inside of my head. Even though there are days where I'm dressed in rags with my BCG glasses on, they will begin to stare/smile/flirt etc. often going down the same aisles as myself to catch another glimpse of me. When you are confident in your abilities, they start getting a little bit stronger.
Forgive me if this wasn't a thread for which you were asking for advice, you may already know these things. Just thought I'd throw some tips out there in case you didn't.

edit on 19-3-2014 by Iconoclast67 because: had to throw in something else

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just want to post a note of caution about projecting or planting or doing anything that involves messing with another persons mind. Perspicacity is a gift and in my opinion should not be used to violate the mind of another.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hello,
I sent you a U2U message.

Hope it helps.
Am not posting it here,because I don't want people to tell me how I am one in a billion, and my skin is very sensitive to salt.

new topics

top topics

join