It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas Celtic past

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lets consider the following:

1,one of the oldest skeletons (nine thousand years old) found in north America is thought to be a Caucasian:

2,Native American tribes from the Northeast and Southwest still relate the legends of the red-haired white giants (Si-Te-Cah) and how their ancestors fought terrible, protracted wars against the giants when they first encountered them in North America

3, Rock art images of the stag horned God known as Cernunnos to the Celts are found in America (San Rafael Swell Utah rock art images)

4, The Horse creek petroglyph's of west Virginia are wrote in Ogham which is a Celtic "secret" alphabet used by the Druids originally but later documented.

5, North European people are still ranked today as being the tallest people on Earth with the Danish being the tallest whilst red hair is most commonly found amongst Celtic peoples.

6, The temple attributed to the white god Kukulkan in the Mexican state of Yucatán coincidently sounds like the famous Irish demigod Cúchulainn of Celtic myth.

7, Dr Stanford and Dr Bradley point out the discoveries in genetics by researchers at Emory University and the Universities of Rome and Hamburg. Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), which is inherited exclusively from the mother, normally contains four markers called haplogroups, labeled A, B, C, and D. These four are shared by 95 percent of Native Americans. Recently, however, the genetics team identified a fifth haplogroup, called X, which is present in about 20,000 Native Americans and has also been found in several pre-Columbian populations. A most interesting fact is that haplogroup X is also present in European populations but absent from Asians. The geneticists' research suggests the marker appears to have arrived in the Americas 12,000 to 34,000 years ago, not from Asia, but from Europe. As well as the Caucasian Marker X in North America, the Araucanians of Chile also have significant Paleolithic Caucasian genes in them, most likely arriving from Spain between 18,000 and 12,000 years ago. It is common for them to have curly reddish brown hair and green eyes. The red haired Caucasian Paracas mummies of Peru is also proof that Caucasians were part of the indigenous culture of America.
users.on.net...

And this is just the tip of the iceberg

edit on 17-3-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Vikings i say ;-)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

LUXUS
6, The temple attributed to the white god Kukulkan in the Mexican state of Yucatán coincidently sounds like the famous Irish demigod Cúchulainn of Celtic myth.

Eh, except the name of the Irish hero is pronounced more like Ku-HULL-in or Ka-HOO-lin.

Also, what other similarities are there supposed to even be?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

No in Irish it is pronounced Koo-kullk-in which is very similar to Ku-kulk-an

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Textreply to post by LUXUS

I read somewhere that the Celts had somehow made their way all the way to Australia New Zealand........anythings possible !, so to hear they were in America ......sounds about right to me

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by 11andrew34

No in Irish it is pronounced Koo-kullk-in which is very similar to Ku-kulk-an

No, you didn't do your research. It's pronounced coo HOOL in . You don't get to change the rules of pronunciation in the Gaelic languages to suit your theory.

Edit: I stand corrected, the Kull pronunciation is valid. Apologies. My sister-in-law's father was a speaker of several Gaelics (Scottish being his mother tongue, he spoke Welsh and Irish Gaelic as well, fluently) I'd always heard him say it as coo-hool-lin, never coo-kull-in. My bad, I assumed the pronunciation was across the variants.
www.all-ireland.com...
edit on 3/17/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/17/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Cu Chulainn is pronounced Ku Kullen, in english, and Ku cHullen in gaelic ( lm lrish and speak gselic) there is no connection between kukulkan and Cu Chulainn, but l do beleive there id s celtic and viking connection to the Americas, there is s legend that preceeds the voyage of saint Brenden, cslled the voyage of Maelduin which describes ice land greenland and even south America

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I am Irish !

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here is something even more bizarre, if you look at the snakes head Cernunnos is holding in the Gundestrup Cauldron image you will see it has rams horns, the snakes associated with the horned god in the American rock art also have rams horns.....now what's the chances of that!

Also look closely at the image above the snake in the American rock art, thats a neck torc with two ball terminals, just like the one in Cernunnos hand

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

i don't know what is more interesting. Seeing evidence of Celtic genetic influence from more than 12k years ago, or seeing that the stag god of the celtic people's dates back to a similar timeframe, if not older.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I've always thought the Cernunnos connection was more a testament to Cernunnos himself as he is depicted in several cultures but the Ogham markings... I never noticed those. It's strange how your brain will see something like that and simply dismiss it as impossible so it won't even be entertained but, yeah... those look like fews that I toss but only written on a wall.

Those two put together actually makes me wonder.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

This all makes sense now.
edit on 17-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe the shortest of the Caucasian American giants decided to immigrate to northern Europe because they were embarrassed they were so short.....twelve thousand years ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

It is not impossible, but have you heard of the legend's of the fomorian, a people from the sea whom raided ireland,.
When columbus reached the island he Renamed Hispaniola there were native ships as large as the nina, pinta and santa maria apparenly made of balsa but sea going masted vessels so it is also possible given the ruin's around north america that there could have been ancient transatlantic trade and an exchange of idea's, then of course nearly 500 years before the vikings discovered greenland an irish monk called Brendan may have reached america en.wikipedia.org...

Oddly though both the Irish monk and the later viking's were heading for land they seemed to already know was there as if from old tales and there are many ancient sea farers maps which show land which could not have existed since the end of the last ice age such as "High Brazil" a land to the west of Ireland which appears on several of these Portolon map's and is in the approximate place were there is a rise in the sea bed and was dry during the last glacial maximum.

You of course may have heard of the Piri reis map which show's south america and Antarctica (Intriguingly it shows antarctica in more accurate detail without the ice covering and with rivers and mountains which were only REDISCOVERED by the british antarctic survey of 1956.

There are however many possabillity's and As for Kenewik man they are now trying to say he was Asiatic and more like the Ainu whom are the Japanese aboriginal people which were driven to the margins of japanese culture as it came into the Japanese islands from the Korean penninsular (Most Japanese are ethnically related to the Korean's).

Genetic analysis however suggests that many north american people actually came from europe during the last ice age as hunter gatherers and the Bearing Strait's was not the only place that migration entered north america, but of note during the Ice age as people came into america over the Bearing strait land bridge from Asia they would have encountered the most fearsom species of bear that we know of, a species known as the flat faced bear, larger than a polar bear and faster than a horse these pure predators would most likely have hunted the early migrant's for food and what if they had red fur, they like other bears would have reared up on there hind leg's.
en.wikipedia.org...

Still it is possible but more likely there was stone age trade, after all what level of wood skill did they have as there wooden structures and ships would long ago have disappeared but only there stone tool's and later bronze age tools' remain but in ireland some exceptionaly well made wooden find's have come to light such as a piece of wood which has key hole shaped cut out's and was found in an irish bog, dated at over 3000 years old this puzzled the archaeologists but one person suggesed as it is also blade shaped it may have been the front of a cart or wheel barrow like contraption which would be pushed through a field of wheat and strip the grain from the stalk as they would be bunched by the teeth into the circular section then pull the grain off as the forward motion pulled the wheat down and let the grain fall behind into the hopper, but that was hypothetical, still a bronze age combine harvester, later people used sickles and back breaking work which lasted until the industrial revolution so it may be that they where very clever indeed.

Around europe among celtic ruin's some remnant's of wooden road's have been found, now in celtic europe wood was very plentiful so why not but is does mean they were building roads before the roman's.

There culture was the victim of roman propeganda but we now know it was incredibly sophisticated and there were no real bars on how high woman in there culture could ascend unlike the Romano greek culture, there sphere of influence spread form annatolia in the east to ireland in the west as they would conquer a society or tribe only to place there warrior elite as its rulers but the locals could under there system prove themselves worthy and ascend among the rank's, in many celtic villages they had a ring of wood, if a warrior was too fat to pass it over his shoulders and waist he would be sent home in disgrace until he lost weight ( which would rule me out ), it is believed the celtic culture as a conglomeration of traditions but originated in southern germany south of the rheine.

Now I actually do believe in the giant's as a very large people whom once lived widely around the globe as all cultures pass traditions of them but did they go extinct or were they merely another branch of humanity and could be actually be there descendant's.

edit on 17-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

rickymouse
Maybe the shortest of the Caucasian American giants decided to immigrate to northern Europe because they were embarrassed they were so short.....twelve thousand years ago.

Or maybe their height was exaggerated over time like a game of Chinese whispers, they were tall but not that tall!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

If we go on the Irish mythology (The Irish Invasion Myths) the Irish claim themselves that they (the Gaelic) are the descendent of the biblical Magog who was a giant and the progenitor of the Scythians. The Irish therefore according to their own beliefs are Scythians. Furthermore the invasion myth tells us of the flood and the sinking of Tír na nÓg and how Ireland became an uninhabited swamp for 300 or more years after the flood (as far as I recall the myths). The people who now call themselves Gaels returned to Ireland from Spain with the sons of Mil or Míl Espáine to reclaim what they believed was their land. Interestingly we know that north European peoples fled to Spain as the Ice age approached and returned when it ended. The original homeland of the Irish is yet to be found though tradition has it as being north west of Ireland.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

gabrielswings

I read somewhere that the Celts had somehow made their way all the way to Australia New Zealand........anythings possible !, so to hear they were in America ......sounds about right to me

It looks like they were driven out of their original lands several thousands of years ago and they travelled south to various parts of the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

LUXUS

gabrielswings

It looks like they were driven out of their original lands several thousands of years ago and they travelled south to various parts of the world.

is this where we discuss the firbolg, and the tuatha de danaan?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
, good for sharing. A Celtic(etc. although) past, ancient and modern.

Gods/Goddesses, Aliens or the "tall fair people"?

Gods or ETs?
Tuatha Dé Danann

ºººººººººººººº ºººººººººººººººººººººº ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººººººººººººººººººººº ºººººººººººººº

DNA markers as talked of show the link between Europeans and Native Americans, but the trail suggests migrations went both ways from European to the Americans and back again. It's by the a possible ice bridge(there's a movie/doc on it, I'll have to locate to share),to the Vikings who came a left as well, that Native American DNA is indicated in Europeans too.
See source for more,
Once source

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

okamitengu

LUXUS

gabrielswings

is this where we discuss the firbolg, and the tuatha de danaan?

If you like, because its your space too and your magical and ur you and I wouldn't change anything about you....wait a minute I don't even know you

edit on 18-3-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join