It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So tied of not being able to upload photos "No Active User Session" // Fix it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So tied of not being able to upload photos only to have "No Active User Session" pop up..Refresh 10 times..Nothing...give up and move on....// Fix it

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Firs things first. Have you been able to replicate this issue in multiple browsers?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Is this something that happens often or literally all the time?

Download this image and see if you can upload it:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

are you using the upload button

see up in the right hand side a white oval with a down pointing arrow clic that then click the upload button you cant just insert a picture in your post you add it first to your gallery then copy and paste the location into your post and click reply and it should appear.
edit on 16-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Is this something that happens often or literally all the time?

Download this image and see if you can upload it:

Doesn't happen all the time.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

are you using the upload button

see up in the right hand side a white oval with a down pointing arrow clic that then click the upload button you cant just insert a picture in your post you add it first to your gallery then copy and paste the location into your post and click reply and it should appear.
edit on 16-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

I know how to upload photos.. The problem is I can't get to the upload page.. I get the "No Active ATS User session" blurb

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This post here by Agarta shows you how to upload photos to the site step by step. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then for adding pictures to a post, once you have uploaded it in your library you can click the picture and copy the first code underneath the picture and paste that into your post; OR

When you open a picture in your initial folder, just click on the cloud as I pointed to in the example below to move it to that folder

Then you can click on the "insert an image from your library" icon when posting a reply to add pictures to a post easier than copying and pasting.

If this does not solve your issues or if not knowing how to properly upload photos to the site was not your issue, using firefox instead of the internet explorer usually solves all problems as many people have tons of problems trying to use IE when they are uploading photos.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Can you take a screenshot?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
This post here by Agarta shows you how to upload photos to the site step by step. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then for adding pictures to a post, once you have uploaded it in your library you can click the picture and copy the first code underneath the picture and paste that into your post; OR

When you open a picture in your initial folder, just click on the cloud as I pointed to in the example below to move it to that folder

Then you can click on the "insert an image from your library" icon when posting a reply to add pictures to a post easier than copying and pasting.

If this does not solve your issues or if not knowing how to properly upload photos to the site was not your issue, using firefox instead of the internet explorer usually solves all problems as many people have tons of problems trying to use IE when they are uploading photos.

Can't get to the UPLOAD PAGE !!!! I get a blank screen with "NO ACTIVE ATS USER SESSION" in the top left hand corner

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That is why I said at the bottom to try using firefox....that solves most people's issues with photos.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

That is why I said at the bottom to try using firefox....that solves most people's issues with photos.

I'm using Firefox

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ohhh... now that is a new one. I have never once had any difficulty with uploading using firefox.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Can you take a screenshot?

Here's a screen shot of the page I get when I click to upload.. P.S I had to refresh the page 5 times before I could upload the screen shot

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

have you tired logging out of ATS and then back in again?

I know I never log out... maybe that could reset things for you???

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Another thought is you probably need to update the _javascript and/or the embedded flash file that handles the uploads.

That's it by the way... after this I'm out of ideas... hopefully something will work 4 you!
edit on 16-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

don't feel too bad, i haven't been able to upload anything to threads since the forum upgrade to this new version. tried everything, 3 different browsers and still nothing, i've just given up. hope ya get your problem solved, tho.

have beer or 3 on me.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
// Fix it

Maybe if you said 'Please' you might get it resolved faster... Just a thought, carry on...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Which browsers have you tested this in so far? Other than Firefox

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

Are you experiencing the exact same problem as the OP?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join