It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Knight Re Entry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I often wonder about Black Knight satelite. Why haven't we pulled this
sucker in yet to find out what it is?

It appears we now or soon will have the capability to do so.

This tuby shows new technological capabilities of pulling the Black
Knight in. Wouldn't you think they would do it so we can finally have
answers to what this thing is and put it to rest ?

& If they tried would it burn up and be un-recognizable or damaged
once it arrived ? Anyone know ?

I wonder why if it has supposedly been up there for so long... it has not
re-entered the atmosphere on its own by now ? I'm not science expert... so ?

Black Knight is suppose to make its way back into Earths orbit in 2016. According to reading
material I found... not sure how true this is ?

Just saying...

leolady

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I would like to know if they can get close enough to it somehow to really get a good look at it, or If they could send the ISS on a fly by. Or can they x-ray it.. this is very interesting thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Well it may not actually be a real sat so there is that.
I can't say why it hasn't reentered in all that time but I also don't know how often the junk we have up there now falls back down.
Would be really awesome if they could find a way to bring it in, if it does exist.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't remember reading anywhere that the Black Knight will return any time soon, since as far as I know, we still have no clue at what that thing is/was. From the first time I've read about it, I've always wondered what happened to it? Did it crashed? Is it still there? Did it flew away? And if so, where to?(supposedly it is true)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
From what I understand they never know where it is going to be.

I could be wrong....but I do not think they are tracking it right now.

Somebody will know...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

It seems like NASA and world governemnts would be very interested in this thing, is it an ancient satellite or alien technology? How long has it been up there? When will it re-enter, if ever? So many questions that need answers.

Supposedly the first person to pick up radio signals from the black knight was Tesla, not sure about source

But according to many, this discovery was made much earlier than we thought. Rumors are that it was Nikola Tesla the first man to “intercept” a signal from this otherworldly satellite in 1899 after building a high-voltage radio device in Colorado Springs. After Tesla’s discovery in the next 30 to 50 years the signal was being intercepted more frequently until it was apparently “decoded”. Since the 1930′s Astronomers worldwide have been reporting strange radio signals which allegedly come from the “Black Knight”. - See more at: www.ancient-code.com...

The story of the Black Knight made its media debut in the 1940′s when the St. Louis Dispatch and The San Francisco Examiner wrote about the “Satellite” on May 14th 1954. The Time Magazine wrote about it on the seventh of March, 1960.

A subscription to time is required to read the above article

The Black Knight is a mystery for sure!
edit on 16-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Black Knight is the name given to a radar blip discovered in 1960. This mystery satellite was found in a polar orbit, something neither the US nor the Soviets had accomplished. It was several times larger and several times heavier than anything capable of being launched with 1960 rockets. It shouldn't have been there, but it was.

www.excludedmiddle.com...

I don't think it's ever been proven that it ever existed aside from the imagination of a few Russian scientists....and National Enquirer.

Optical tracking groups, such as the former Moonwatch team at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory in Cambridge, Massachusetts, also had no data to support the existence of such objects, even though they would have been clearly visible to the naked eye. The United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Use of Outer Space, which maintains a registry on all satellites, had no entry that would correspond to any of the claimed objects. Thus there was international agreement: the objects did not seem to exist.

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

From this great thread on the subject, for anyone interested:

The Black Knight from Space

No re-entry if it never existed in the first place but still is a good mystery.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If it is there, they know what it is. There is no scenario that would allow an unknown and unclaimed satellite to be flying around up there without tptb of any/all space faring superpowers knowing what it is. I would hope for our sake that that is the case. That type of threat is what I am willing to pay taxes for and I expect them to know. Now, the odds that WE will ever know, yeah, not great.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Stanley Kubricks 2001 Monolith and the The Sentinel by Arthur C Clarke

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Didn't someone claim that the Black Knight was just a thermal blanket that was lost on a mission? Also it was discovered in 1960 so the story goes

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

One of my favorite out-there conspiracy theories I read a while back was that capturing it and bringing it down was the primary/original mission of the Space shuttle using it's robotic arm. Very interesting thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb94e3ce881.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree that that makes the most sense of the shuttle program IMO.

I remember my first space shuttle toy, it was a shuttle with the arm, the bay doors that opened, two pilots, and a smaller lander inside.
Looked just like your photo.

It was my favorite toy as a child. still have it, and works if I can afford the batteries.

My GF kid loves it over the other toys.

Good reply S69
Star

Edit: Just for Sh** and giggles next week when I'm at my folks I'll take a pic of it and have a bit of fun with it and share. Again Thx
edit on 16-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

jasmine23
Didn't someone claim that the Black Knight was just a thermal blanket that was lost on a mission? Also it was discovered in 1960 so the story goes

Not exactly. Pictures that were claimed to be that of the Black Knight were identified as the lost thermal blanket. The Black Knight story was making the rounds before then.

My opinion, I don't think it ever existed.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by leolady

One of my favorite out-there conspiracy theories I read a while back was that capturing it and bringing it down was the primary/original mission of the Space shuttle using it's robotic arm. Very interesting thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb94e3ce881.jpg[/atsimg]

Just to add a thought:

Does the Idea of what the dimensions of the BK fit into the bay dimensions of the Shuttle?

Was it a fail because it was bigger than first thought, then the BK disappeared?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Supposedly in the story *I'm trying to fish around looking for something on it but so far nothing* It was thought it would fit. As I stated earlier, just one of 'Those' type of stories.

Supposedly, it would be launched not in the usual trajectory/orbit, but over the poles.

edit on 16-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In all reality it makes perfect sense.

Someone or many, anywhere sees a big "fish" in a pond, lake, etc and the whole town, community, outsiders come to the place and bring big bait, big nets, etc to catch or figure out what the hell it is.

Its a play on of human nature.

Thanks for your reply Slayer, I've been waiting two years for a reply from you.

*Bows Down* in a Wayne's World Style LOL. I love your inquisitive work Sir.

Little research. BK is thought to be 3' in diameter and 2' wide. I have also heard, I believe in a previous ATS BK thread it was 13' long and 6-8' wide. I'm probably wrong, but who really knows.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Does anybody know if it's really, really, reallly, REALLY real?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

That cracked me up!

Slayer is kind of a Rock Star around here.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

leolady
I often wonder about Black Knight satelite. Why haven't we pulled this
sucker in yet to find out what it is?
It appears to be a myth, so there is nothing to analyze.

Interesting video about the space junk problem though.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The "Black knight" is just some space junk

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join