It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the cellphones of missing Malaysian Airlines passengers still ringing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Has there been any discussion anywhere about the possibility that the plane was hit with an EMP (electromangnetic pulse) weapon of some sort? This would explain how the transponders and all electronic devices on board the plane became "silent" suddenly - but may not explain why wreckage cannot be found because I assume an EMP would result in the plane crashing...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is great, (if the story is real) if the cell phones are still ringing we can triangulate their signals and get an approximate location!

Hey maybe a couple of jokers, with very strong magnets in a sea vessel, may have brought the plane down.
edit on 11-3-2014 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is also an extremely plausible explanation of what could have happened by someone who knows a lot about the plane:

mh370lost.tumblr.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

deloprator20000
This is great, (if the story is real) if the cell phones are still ringing we can triangulate their signals and get an approximate location!

Hey maybe a couple of jokers, with very strong magnets in a sea vessel, may have brought the plane down.

I keep seeing this comment posted. If they crashed over the ocean than there are no towers to triangulate the location. Even when you pay for internet on a flight you're SOL while flying over the ocean unless I'm missing something here.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

There's satellite internet. I have it. It's provided by Exede which I think is affiliated with Dish.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Starsandstripes
I think the plane was hijacked and was landed somewhere...
Someone should make a map of how far it went and how much gas they had and where could have it flown to with the gas it had...

And you're getting this information from where? Does anyone really know how far they made it and/or how much gas they had?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

JohnTheSmith
reply to post by Bassago

Exactly. No big deal, the phones can be EASILY positioned within a few meters using GPS. Right? Right?! Oh, in this particular circumstance they can't? LOL something is definitely up, and China knows exactly what it is I bet.

Edit: All these people rambling on about 'where's the tower' and 'it's the same on facebook' and blah blah blah are either missing the point by accident or on purpose. G P S

edit on 3 11 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Added additional opinion.

S A L T Water.

Salt water (any water) and electronic devices do not work well together. If the plane crashed into the ocean, you would not locate the phones since they would not be talking to the GPS sats.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

ispyed
The reason that some phones ring even though they are unreachable or turned off is because the ringing is done by the exchange NOT the phone. Don't know why some phone systems work like this but some do in Asia.

This is the smartest post on here.

That's EXACTLY what happens, here, too. The "ringing sound" you hear IS NOT the sound of the phone actually ringing. It's just part of the "aural interface" that makes it easy for people to understand. This is why, for example, you sometimes call someone and they pick the phone up. You say, "But it hadn't started ringing!" but actually, the real phone had. It's just that the ringing simulation hadn't started on your end yet. Something very similar is happening in this case. It's a red herring. It doesn't mean the phone is still active.

I once worked as a COEM: Central Office Equipment Man, a person who takes care of the phone connections at the other end of your phone line in the "Central Office" where all the cable pairs terminate and get switched on to the next Central Office where your calling party's phone is hooked up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If this was a hijacking, the hijackers would probably have confiscated all the phones. Could be they just tossed the bag and some of them still have a charge left.

If it crashed on land, same thing. Some might still have a charge. If they crashed at sea, some might have waterproof covers, as someone else mentioned.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

deloprator20000

I keep seeing this comment posted. If they crashed over the ocean than there are no towers to triangulate the location. Even when you pay for internet on a flight you're SOL while flying over the ocean unless I'm missing something here.

I read the link from tumblr. The airplane had a AeroMobile mobile phone base station. Basically the plane was the cellphone tower itself. So there are no mobile phone signals to triangulate. They would have to concentrate on the satcom system itself.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Most expensive cars now carry a lojac type GPS tracking system so they can be located if stolen. I cant see how an airline would not protect an aircraft costing in the millions of dollars in the same way, ie I am wondering if stashed somewhere in that plane is some kind of GPS tracker that would allow the authorities to instantly locate it. Especially if you have a possible hijacking situation exactly like what this might possibly be, such hardware would be invaluable and very effective. I just cant imagine something that valuable not being protected from possible theft, no matter how unlikely. When you put the cost of such hardware against the cost of an airliner its got to be miniscule. Someone must know where this plane is.
edit on 11-3-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

OGOldGreg

Starsandstripes
I think the plane was hijacked and was landed somewhere...
Someone should make a map of how far it went and how much gas they had and where could have it flown to with the gas it had...

And you're getting this information from where? Does anyone really know how far they made it and/or how much gas they had?

Dude, I don't think they even know where to look. There are so many conflicting potential paths based upon numerous radar installations -- and none of them seem to match.

They interviewed a retired 777 pilot on one of the shows I listen to today and he said he had flown in that region for years. There large areas of blind spots to radar.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
what if lightning hit it it has taken out planes before the super lightning i am talking about that they discovered a few years ago
edit on 11-3-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
if that social networking site works like facebook then the appearance of someone being logged via cellphone is just wrong. that happens on facebook when phones are not actually connected. not all the time, but it happens. it's just a weird glitch. it's not proof of anything. and.... cellphones will continue to seem to be ringing to a caller. that's very out of the ordinary either. if the plane crashed into the water some of those phones may still have a charge. some may be in luggage.

it IS a bit odd but not unexplainable.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just going through this thread now.

markymint
People on MSN and Skype have been "online" for years, only for them to go offline when you actually send them a message, or later they simply state they were never online at all, or at least, only briefly. So those quirks exist where it seems people are "connected" but aren't.

I wanna give you a good explanation why these people you know where online and deny they were not, just so you have a understanding of whats going on next time you see it happen.
Its because their accounts become hijacked and their passwords have been logged into a Spam bot, I used to see it all the time on MSN particularly,

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

My best guess would be that the plane was hijacked then safely landed in an undisclosed location. The passengers may not be so lucky. Where, who, why? Anybodies guess is as good as anybodies. Sounds like a real horror story. Glad I wasn't on that plane.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Asynchrony because: I had more to say.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Asynchrony
reply to post by Drezden

My best guess would be that the plane was hijacked then safely landed in an undisclosed location. The passengers may not be so lucky. Where, who, why? Anybodies guess is as good as anybodies. Sounds like a real horror story. Glad I wasn't on that plane.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Asynchrony because: I had more to say.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

Cant be hijacked, they have secret codes, you press the mic switch on the yoke 3 times, followed by the widscreen wiper button and this sends an alert out.

Also, as previously said, over 200 people, someone would get a text out.

Terrorist with EMP pulse - bit risky if you planned on a hijack rather than destroying it - oh and no terrorist group has come forward, and is it possible to create an EMP pulte anyway without a nuke?

What about a meteorite with a black hole inside it, the Meteor blasted through the 777 and then the blackhole swallowed all the parts up.

Blackhole falls into the sea, sea levels start dropping as the sea drains into the black hole.

Will the Black hole stop there? God I hope so.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

EMF Pulse. Only thing (other then aliens) that makes any sense to me.....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

schuyler

ispyed
The reason that some phones ring even though they are unreachable or turned off is because the ringing is done by the exchange NOT the phone. Don't know why some phone systems work like this but some do in Asia.

This is the smartest post on here.

That's EXACTLY what happens, here, too. The "ringing sound" you hear IS NOT the sound of the phone actually ringing. It's just part of the "aural interface" that makes it easy for people to understand. This is why, for example, you sometimes call someone and they pick the phone up. You say, "But it hadn't started ringing!" but actually, the real phone had. It's just that the ringing simulation hadn't started on your end yet. Something very similar is happening in this case. It's a red herring. It doesn't mean the phone is still active.

I once worked as a COEM: Central Office Equipment Man, a person who takes care of the phone connections at the other end of your phone line in the "Central Office" where all the cable pairs terminate and get switched on to the next Central Office where your calling party's phone is hooked up.

This, plus the roaming routing that takes place.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

999zxcv
what if lightning hit it it has taken out planes before the super lightning i am talking about that they discovered a few years ago
edit on 11-3-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

Since the plane is not grounded there would be little but localized damage where the lightning hits. I have seen the evidence of lightening strikes on wings, noses and tails and there is normally just a small spot of melted aluminum. Super lightening eh?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join