It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good bye you son of a Bitch winter.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
We got our first thaw here since this winter started, It was a very pleasant 37 degrees and sunny to boot.
It felt like summer to us today :-)....No wind no snow was very much appreciated.
I know it is just winter weather but this year took a toll on us and I am sure more around the globe.
Right now we still have drifts on our roof that are at least 3 feet high, but today was a start and we have really enjoyed seeing old man winter getting his ass kicked.
The old man winter is dying, and we are going to have a party with BBQ'd Top Sirloins and Baked Potatoes and Brown Baked Beans.
And lots of beer.
We are used to long and cold winters but.....this year takes the cake way beyond anything we have experienced in the past 20 years.

Good riddance to this winter and we hope that we do not see a repeat next year.

There it is in print and I feel great, nothing like lashing out at the weather with a Rant.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

bppyah, screw that white fluffy sky jizz!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You didn't say where you hail from. I am in the mid Atlantic region and though we don't have harsh winters as a norm we've had more snow this year than in the last few years combined. Today was cold and dreary overcast with mist and drizzle all day. Temp topped out at about 42° tomorrow it's supposed to get up near sixty which is more normal. We usually will get a couple of 80° days during the winter months but we didn't get any treats like that this year. The warmest day was about 60 and they were very few. I am hoping for an early warm up but April is the rainy month and the chill usually holds on til the end of the month. May is good for getting the major yard clean up done before the mosquito season arrives. Then June comes on like a vengeance and its just hot and humid until mid to late August when it stars to be less humid though still warm. Oct is the best month warm golden and dry. We once had 90 on thanksgiving and had all the windows open and we were still hot. Here's wishing you warmth and sunshine soon. My roof would collapse under three ft of snow. Yours must be steel reinforced or something.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

We live in southern Ontario and our home is 1950,sh brick and solid oak roofing so yes it stands up to the snow but not without a lot of creaking and groaning going on.

We are not far from Detroit ( which has received over 6 feet of snow this year and counting.

Are you coming to our BBQ?

Guaranteed good food and good beer and good fun.

Lets all kick old man winter in the Arse!
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 7-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

From Nnorthern Wisconsin and I agree let the snow melt, I don't need to cool my beer outside any more, lost my six pack in the 84.2 inches of snow so far this year, average temp has been hanging around 0, had to stop and kicked my own but for saying 18 degrees was warm.

Old man winter needs to go on vacation for a long time.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

19KTankCommander
reply to post by Iwinder

From Nnorthern Wisconsin and I agree let the snow melt, I don't need to cool my beer outside any more, lost my six pack in the 84.2 inches of snow so far this year, average temp has been hanging around 0, had to stop and kicked my own but for saying 18 degrees was warm.

Old man winter needs to go on vacation for a long time.

Laughing here, yep its been a bitch everywhere this year and I can certainly relate to 84 inches of snow for sure.

I will put you down as a guest at our party and will order more beer ASAP.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Good bye you son of a Bitch winter

Oh my, you shouldn't have said that as it's disrespectful to nature.
But you know what, Karma is the most badass bitch out there LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
37 degrees?
why do americans insist on victorian english terms for weather?
USE METRIC!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by Iwinder

Good bye you son of a Bitch winter

Oh my, you shouldn't have said that as it's disrespectful to nature.
But you know what, Karma is the most badass bitch out there LOL

He (old man winter) can't damage us anymore than he has this year.....I hope :-)
Time will tell though.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Mass here and it was horrible. Last winter this harsh was in 1994. Missed 40 days in my senior year of HS.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We're not out of the woods here where I live, yet. The farmers say there's a couple more snows left and they're always right. Always. Either way, we're close. I can almost smell the green. It's like a jungle here in the summer! I can't wait. For some reason, this winter seemed particularly long. It may be because this was one of the coldest for many years. We saw -60 below a handful of times this winter.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Old man winter may not done with you yet, he may have one last party.

Make sure he don't catch you with your pants down..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hear you ! I hear you !

First great day here also, in Montreal, and I've enjoyed every minute of it !

I feel like printing your title in huge letters and putting it on the fridge !!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Rikku
37 degrees?
why do americans insist on victorian english terms for weather?
USE METRIC!

I am Canadian and I am aware that most people here on ATS are American.
I was trying to make it easy form them to understand the temperatures we were enjoying today.
So without any fanfare the temps hit a high today of 3 C and it was very pleasant.

Not to mention we live right on the Border with the US so my English versus Metric comes into play a bit.

I hope this explains it for you.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 7-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

SonoftheSun
I hear you ! I hear you !

First great day here also, in Montreal, and I've enjoyed every minute of it !

I feel like printing your title in huge letters and putting it on the fridge !!!

Laughing my arse off and I know exactly how you feel there.
I too spent almost all day outside, washed the truck, salted the eaves, scraped some of the heavy ice off of our drive.
All said and done it was a great day, and I never wore My PARKA or GLOVES Whoo Hooooo!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

BlastedCaddy
Mass here and it was horrible. Last winter this harsh was in 1994. Missed 40 days in my senior year of HS.

Same here, thats why in my OP I said 20 years and it was 20 years ago that we had it this bad.

Thanks for your input and hopefully your getting the summer weather too.....( 38F or 3C) :-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Fylgje
We're not out of the woods here where I live, yet. The farmers say there's a couple more snows left and they're always right. Always. Either way, we're close. I can almost smell the green. It's like a jungle here in the summer! I can't wait. For some reason, this winter seemed particularly long. It may be because this was one of the coldest for many years. We saw -60 below a handful of times this winter.

I certainly was one and still is the coldest winter here for the past 20 years, what we lacked was a mid winter thaw and that really screwed up things for us.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

mwood
reply to post by Iwinder

Old man winter may not done with you yet, he may have one last party.

Make sure he don't catch you with your pants down..

Yes sir/ Mame I will pay attention to your wisdom as you hail from the Great city of Green Bay........
How severe was your winter there?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
New England here.
Stab winter in the heart for me too!
Then kick it a few times as well.
We're having pot roast, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and homebrew!

Corn beef and cabbage next week!!
anyone wanna come over?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Miller high life please

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join