It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
(post by acacko removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Let's see, US flag made in China flies under Mexican flag.
Both get cut down by a veteran who in his wrath leaves the Mexican flag on the ground.
While the person who put both up probably thought he was honoring both countries.

Did he try to educate the owner to get it resolved first?

Insulting the Mexican flag isn't exactly going to win hearts and minds, just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

iRoyalty

whyamIhere
If you fought for that flag you might feel different.

The beautiful thing about is that flag gives you the Freedom to be dead wrong.

And if you came to my country (England) and you decided to fly your american flag over my English one, then I came and cut your American one to shreds, what would you say to me? 'Oh OK fair play, I guess I am in your country...'

People don't think of things from other people perspective, he flew an american flag to show his appreciation, but the man who put it up was obviously a patriot of his own country too...

No I can't say I liked the video.

a US vet would show respect more for your country's flag, because we understand what those flags represent

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

SLAYER69

TheLieWeLive
I'm still willing to bet they didn't know.

They sure as hell got the message loud and clear now eh?

ask any cop, and they'll tell you... "ignorance is no excuse'

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Uuuuh, "brave guy" with his Rambo-Knife...

Sorry, i´m from germany, so excuse my english. If you would do something like this here in germany, people would call you a Nazi!
My question is: Do you US-Citizens have no real problems? I guess you have!
It is just cloth, nothing more. Care about your fellow citizens! Care about your neighbours!
How many vids i can find on the web, about police brutality in the US(by the way, this "Cops"[between 1933 and 1945 they have been called SA or SS in germany] are proudly wearing this peace of cloth!).
How often must i see videos, where two or three Cops are beating innocent people for... NOTHING? And how often do i have to see a big bunch of people standing around this crime, and have nothing better to do, than to raise their Spyphones to film, to have a new sensation for NSAs facebook.
Where are the brave guys with their Rambo knives, when they would be needed?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

What a jerk, huh?

Sorry, any person who wants to call themselves a citizen of the United States of America should realize that not only was this patriotic veteran correct in removing that flag, but he was acting in concert with the oaths he had taken. If you want to be a citizen, then follow the protocols of the country you are in and fly the flags as appropriate.

You, and people who believe as you do, are part of the problem with the United States of America. You show a total lack of respect for our flag and for the veterans who have fought and died to defend your freedoms, including the freedom to spout ignorant crap such as what you have said here.

One last thing, if you had attempted to put that veteran in the hospital, it is most likely that you are the one that would have ended up eating your meals through a straw for a few weeks.

OCD like that, bull#, you are just an ass that doesn't deserve to call yourself an American.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

This was originally an episode of King of the Hill wasn't it

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

gamesmaster63

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

What a jerk, huh?

Sorry, any person who wants to call themselves a citizen of the United States of America should realize that not only was this patriotic veteran correct in removing that flag, but he was acting in concert with the oaths he had taken. If you want to be a citizen, then follow the protocols of the country you are in and fly the flags as appropriate.

You, and people who believe as you do, are part of the problem with the United States of America. You show a total lack of respect for our flag and for the veterans who have fought and died to defend your freedoms, including the freedom to spout ignorant crap such as what you have said here.

One last thing, if you had attempted to put that veteran in the hospital, it is most likely that you are the one that would have ended up eating your meals through a straw for a few weeks.

OCD like that, bull#, you are just an ass that doesn't deserve to call yourself an American.

No he was not following the oaths he had taken. In the oath you say you will defend the Constitution not the flag. And if the oath did mention the flag he violated it by treating the flag like it was a paper towel.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Watched the video then read the first couple of pages of responses.

As an outsider looking in it seems to me that the only person who comes out of this looking bad is the American who took the flag down.

Taking things at face value I would guess, and I acknowledge its only a guess, that the people flying the flags were simply wanting to show their respect and honour to both flags and nations. I doubt very much any insult was intended, quite the opposite in fact.
Those present when the flags are cut down seem quite bemused by it all.

Did anyone even try to explain the alleged 'insult' and that it is illegal....or why it is illegal?

And to be honest, I was quite surprised by the responses from some of the members here on ATS, some of whom I have enormous regard and respect for.

The USA and American people frequently get a lot of bad press, some of which can be quite unjustified....but they don't do themselves any favours at times.
edit on 8/3/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

the people flying the flags were simply wanting to show their respect and honour to both flags and nations. I doubt very much any insult was intended, quite the opposite in fact.

I'd be willing to bet you that it WAS done purposely...that whoever put up the Mexican flag deliberately flew it above the American flag.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

We'll agree to differ because there's no way of ever knowing.

My 'guess' is based on the perplexed look on the owners and those present faces and the lack of resistance shown by them - they quite clearly didn't have a clue what was going on and seemed to lack any understanding of why the person with the knife was so angered and was doing what he was doing.

I wonder what you base your opinion on?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This was AWESOME!

Back in 2002 I was at the Monterey County fair in King City, California. The fairgrounds belonged to the county of Monterey, so it was government property. They had a Mexican flag flying above the American flag, and I found it highly offensive, so I found an employee and asked what the hell was up with that.

She told me that Americans had "stolen" California from Mexico long ago, and it was about time they took it back, and it was only "right" that the Mexican flag be flown on top, on government property, and if I didn't like it, I could leave.

So I did. I sold my house and moved to Texas, where this type of crap will get an ass whoopin' in a heart beat.

Good for that vet. More of us need to stand up and fight this subversive take over of the western part of this country. Thanks for posting it!!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

kx12x

I don't know about cutting it down, but I do agree with his sentiment towards having the Mexican flag above the U.S. flag.

If Mexico is so great, then why come here? Seems pretty disrespectful to fly a flag of the country you fled above the flag of the country you fled to. At least they did have a U.S. flag, though.

Well they did have an american flag but as flag etiquette goes it was still an insult, and the guy that put those flags up knows this to be sure.

You don't put a flag of any country above the US flag on US soil.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Freeborn

My 'guess' is based on the perplexed look on the owners and those present faces and the lack of resistance shown by them - they quite clearly didn't have a clue what was going on and seemed to lack any understanding of why the person with the knife was so angered and was doing what he was doing.

You ought to be glad the Nazi flag isn't flying over your country there pal.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Freeborn

I don't think whoever put up in those flags in that order, are that stupid. I can't imagine anyone who LIVES in a country would be that deliberately insensitive, no matter where they were originally from...this was done on purpose.....my only question is why?.....maybe it generated more business, or, maybe it was to stick it to the US for it's immigration policy. "la Raza", the main Washington, DC based Latino national organization is powerful, and freely spreads the political donations around. I have had only one personal contact in a social setting with a member, and there was definite hostility toward any white person that had an opposing view on immigration, that message was loud and clear to those of us who were there

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Isn't it illegal to fly this....

Over this

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Here is why it is NOT awesome:

Patriotism is a mental disorder:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Freeborn
Watched the video then read the first couple of pages of responses.

As an outsider looking in it seems to me that the only person who comes out of this looking bad is the American who took the flag down.

Taking things at face value I would guess, and I acknowledge its only a guess, that the people flying the flags were simply wanting to show their respect and honour to both flags and nations. I doubt very much any insult was intended, quite the opposite in fact.
Those present when the flags are cut down seem quite bemused by it all.

Did anyone even try to explain the alleged 'insult' and that it is illegal....or why it is illegal?

And to be honest, I was quite surprised by the responses from some of the members here on ATS, some of whom I have enormous regard and respect for.

The USA and American people frequently get a lot of bad press, some of which can be quite unjustified....but they don't do themselves any favours at times.
edit on 8/3/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

Totally agree mate and agree with others who've said similar.
This was hot-headed, aggressive, arrogant and totally out of order.... not to mention his actions are illegal. (yes so is flying the flag that way but two wrongs don't make a right and he's not a LEO)

I can't believe anyone would cheer this guy and say what he did was good or just.
If these people were dragging the flag around or burning it or wiping their asses on it, then fair enough.... but I highly doubt they were flying it to disrespect it, I'd imagine they're proud US citizens.

This isn't patriotism, it's aggression and it's breaking the law.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
When I served in the Army, when going to and from funeral details, we'd often see pathetic excuses of American flags being flown in front of establishments. Tattered and woebegone, we'd stop and explain that this does not honor our country, and it would be a good gesture to replace it. On one occasion, after telling them 3 times with no results, we stopped and did a proper flag lowering, raising, and folded up that poor beat up flag and left it with the embarrassed owners. So yes, many Americans are just as pathetic at respecting our own flag, and many don't give it the respect it is due. It's not just a piece of cloth, it is a representation of our way of life and freedom.

Guy in video - I'd have probably just taken our flag, and left theirs there. I don't care if they want to show pride in their country, but they don't deserve our flag if they can't respect it.

And yea, hearing many people from this site complain is rather humorous. Often times when you come here, you have to wonder if you wandered onto an anti-American site.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Bravo, Now thats the spirit, i like to see. If your going to come to this country at least show respect, Hell I wasnt even born in the US, but I sure the hell wouldnt fly the british flag over the American flag, in America. RESPECT

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join