It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppression of the Soul!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We all have a soul and if this is true then that soul has some needs.
It may require some things and averse to certain things.

So my question is if someone does not provide these needs or puts the soul through things that distress it then isn't he/she oppressing his/her soul?

What if the soul needs spirituality?
What if the soul needs to connect with its creator?

What if the soul needs to believe in God and a person witholds it from that by his/her free will?

There are different types of oppressions but oppression of the soul would be the worst.

Imagine keeping a baby away from its mother. Everyone would agree that the one who did that is cruel!!!
So what if a soul craves for a connection with divine the same way, how cruel it would be to prevent that??!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

You are assuming the "soul" and the "person" are somehow separate enough that the "person" is "oppressing" the "soul," right? The person is not "providing" for the soul as if it were a separate entity.

OK. That's one way of looking at it, but as long as we are playing the "What if?" game, what if it is much more likely

the soul is oppressing the person by controlling what the person does and not allowing the person his own free-expression without interference from the soul? The soul knows more than the person and has chosen a life to experience certain things to benefit the soul without considering the person. For example, if the soul has decided it's in its best interests to experience what it is like to live a life sentence in prison, the person is not consulted, but must endure the punishment for the sake of the soul. The same could be said of any ailment or affliction, or any life-circumstance. If the soul wants to experience poverty, guess who has to live it? The person is not allowed to even know the game-plan here because he is purposely held in ignorance.

Put it this way: You, the person, are the avatar. The "soul" is the kid in his Mom's basement playing the game and moving the Avatar about. The avatar is not is the position of "nourishing" the kid except insofar as the kid makes the right choices to advance the level of the avatar. The onus to "improve" is not on the avatar. It's on the kid.

So who is the aggrieved party?

edit on 3/6/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I get what you mean. This is a matter of faith. You must believe you have a soul in order to nourish it. Because we cannot use the scientific method to quantify it or detect it. So for me this falls in the faith category. Some don't believe in souls that is the beauty of being a human. We have a will and each and everyone of us can use as we see fit.

So what do you believe in?

I believe we have a soul and that we need to be attentive to its needs in order to grow. This requires emotional and rational experiences.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

logical7

Imagine keeping a baby away from its mother. Everyone would agree that the one who did that is cruel!!!

I DO NOT agree with that at all. Keeping my baby away from her mother is the greatest gift I have ever given her. Her mother is a terribly abusive person, mentally and physically. Completely mental. Just because someone can squirt a baby out of their vag doesn't mean they are good for that babies well being. Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

My pastor called the condition you are refering to, "scar-tissue of the soul". In Christianity, believers in Christ are new creatures born again. Therefore, christian souls require a constant relationship with God or else the scar tissue process and the "sin unto death" sequence will commence. He explained the soul as a circulatory system. The greek word for spirit is 'pnuma', likening spirit to air. Therefore, God breathes wisdom and love into us through His word, and we riciprocate in prayer, praise, and by expressing a general appreciation for God's grace.

If we stop the intake of God's word, we stop converting 'gnosis' (God's word) into 'epignosis' (God's wisdom). Its similar to holding your breath...eventually you will feel the desire to breathe. When we stop the intake of God's 'gnosis', we will eventually create a vacuum in the soul and desparately seek to inhale anything. When we choose false 'gnosis' over God's Word, we begin to accumilate false ideas and therefore create scar-tissue in the soul.

After an extended period in this state, emotion (reigns-kidneys) begins to dominate the mind over the authority of logic (kardia-heart). When the kidneys back up, the heart dies. Logic is designed to dominate emotion, while emotion is designed to respond to logic. The proper function of emotion gives us our capacity to enjoy logic.

The solution to scar tissue of the soul and emotional revolt is 1John 1:9. Privately cite your known sins to God the Father to regain the Filling of the Holy Spirit, and restart the process of breathing in God's word. If this is done consistently, recovery can be suprisingly fast. I know from experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What if the soul needs spirituality?
What if the soul needs to connect with its creator?

Aren't they already connected? The soul itself is spirituality,
isn't it?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Funny you mention this because this is exactly what Abrahamic religion has done to its followers, it has kept them away from their Mother. It has erased Mother Earth's role within heaven by failing to give her respect and admiration. It's all about God the Father with no mention of his Bride Mother Earth.

We are destroying our Mother with pollution and war because we were never taught to respect her in any meaningful way.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The "Mother Earth" concept is overrated. What force is greater; the force of the Earth or the force that created the Earth?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

They're equally powerful. Without your body you would have no soul or spirit or life. You need both the visible and invisible (Mother and Father) to have life. One is no greater than the other.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

The "Mother Earth" concept is overrated. What force is greater; the force of the Earth or the force that created the Earth?

Sagittarius A. That is a god. The power of Mother Earth pales in comparison.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Simply put:

Galatians 16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You are a soul, since you've been talking about the soul as something else than yourself I believe you have to become grounded, as I call it. You might be experiencing D.I.D.. Psalms 118:8 [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. A soul without a spirit is a natural man, a soul with a spirit is a heavenly man.

Pray for strenght and for all people to become loving, strong, and happy.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The soul IS the person ... the soul IS the will of the person.
You are your soul and the body is just the shell that it travels in.
Therefore, if a person rejects God, it is the soul rejecting God ...
You can't separate the soul from the person and their decisions.

The soul is the conscious you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

schuyler

You are assuming the "soul" and the "person" are somehow separate enough that the "person" is "oppressing" the "soul," right? The person is not "providing" for the soul as if it were a separate entity.

OK. That's one way of looking at it, but as long as we are playing the "What if?" game, what if it is much more likely

the soul is oppressing the person by controlling what the person does and not allowing the person his own free-expression without interference from the soul? The soul knows more than the person and has chosen a life to experience certain things to benefit the soul without considering the person. For example, if the soul has decided it's in its best interests to experience what it is like to live a life sentence in prison, the person is not consulted, but must endure the punishment for the sake of the soul. The same could be said of any ailment or affliction, or any life-circumstance. If the soul wants to experience poverty, guess who has to live it? The person is not allowed to even know the game-plan here because he is purposely held in ignorance.

Put it this way: You, the person, are the avatar. The "soul" is the kid in his Mom's basement playing the game and moving the Avatar about. The avatar is not is the position of "nourishing" the kid except insofar as the kid makes the right choices to advance the level of the avatar. The onus to "improve" is not on the avatar. It's on the kid.

So who is the aggrieved party?

edit on 3/6/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

The aggrieved party is the one who does not have the last say...
We have a conscious control on our actions. A tiny moment to consider before acting on a suggestion by our desires.

How do you assume that the soul is in control? If that was true the world would much better.
The soul is also not really distinct from the person. Yes at birth the soul is pure but the person may tarnish it so much that even the soul becomes corrupted.

It's like a hard drive of a computer that came with the correct software but the computer has the ability to rewrite it.
The ideal thing would be to not oppress the soul and for that one needs to get in harmony with the soul by not giving free reign to the base desires but rather channel them in the right ways to achieve a balance.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Holographicmeat

logical7

I DO NOT agree with that at all. Keeping my baby away from her mother is the greatest gift I have ever given her. Her mother is a terribly abusive person, mentally and physically. Completely mental. Just because someone can squirt a baby out of their vag doesn't mean they are good for that babies well being. Cheers

That's called deliberately going in a tangent.
It was an analogy!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

bitsforbytes
I get what you mean. This is a matter of faith. You must believe you have a soul in order to nourish it. Because we cannot use the scientific method to quantify it or detect it. So for me this falls in the faith category. Some don't believe in souls that is the beauty of being a human. We have a will and each and everyone of us can use as we see fit.

So what do you believe in?

I believe we have a soul and that we need to be attentive to its needs in order to grow. This requires emotional and rational experiences.

Exactly!!!

Although I am a critic of using scientific methods for everything. Its like a blind man saying that what I can't hear,smell,taste or touch exists only as a matter of faith.

The needs of the soul can be provided by contemplation, meditation etc
People who oppress their soul run away from reflection by keeping themselves occupied with entertainment.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Well the Arabic word for human is insaan and it means the one who forgets and another name of Quran is Zikr which means a reminder

so yes reading God's Words sure keeps the soul healthy and nurtures it more!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Funny you mention this because this is exactly what Abrahamic religion has done to its followers, it has kept them away from their Mother. It has erased Mother Earth's role within heaven by failing to give her respect and admiration. It's all about God the Father with no mention of his Bride Mother Earth.

We are destroying our Mother with pollution and war because we were never taught to respect her in any meaningful way.

That's just shallow pagan ideas. Yes we have a responsibility towards the earth and we as a whole are failing it.
The earth is called mother as it provides nourishment. Who would be fool enough to take it literally?
Yes the emotional way it is put may make people change things. That's the reason pagans used it. To make people respect earth like their own mothers.

Anyways even you went to a tangent about the analogy!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

FlyersFan
The soul IS the person ... the soul IS the will of the person.
You are your soul and the body is just the shell that it travels in.
Therefore, if a person rejects God, it is the soul rejecting God ...
You can't separate the soul from the person and their decisions.

The soul is the conscious you.

Yes the soul is the person but the soul rejects God to help itself indulge in desires which gratify the shell and there is a brain/mind that has the capacity to either understand and avoid or rationalise and continue indulging.
The biggest indulgence I see is the desire to rebel and not be answerable to anyone higher. To seek a false idea of independence by denying a creator that provides their needs. The desire to make one's will the most superior and obviously then the Supreme Will becomes an obstacle and the solution is to deny that Supreme Will!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join