It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

issues with video of the moon taken today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So this has been floating around on FB today. The first time I saw this it didn't have the annoying sub titles and no connection to the rock that passed between us and the moon today. This was added later. Any idea what the deal is here? No idea how to get the youtube link to work correctly.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

w810i
So this has been floating around on FB today. The first time I saw this it didn't have the annoying sub titles and no connection to the rock that passed between us and the moon today. This was added later. Any idea what the deal is here? No idea how to get the youtube link to work correctly.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Thanks Mate! I can never get that to work.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Really? At that magnification it's just the contrails from the plane going by. No big deal.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It is distortion caused by the light passing through the exhaust from the plane.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

w810i
Any idea what the deal is here?

As the first post there says, simply the planes exhaust.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A plane flies by and its exhaust trail/contrail drifts across the Moon.
What exactly is so amazing?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It looks like the exhaust or air turbulence from the plane, with that level of zoom.....it doesn't look like it is moon distance but plane distance. A shockwave on a round object wouldn't have traveled in a straight line like that.
edit on 5-3-2014 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

are you saying that plane caused the moon to jiggle around like i saw in the video???

link   
Seems like simple atmospheric disturbance caused by the plane to me. Perhaps some emissions as well. Since it is night you can see that better than in broad daylight. Doesn't seem mysterious to me at all.

link   
I wasn't sure what it was. Didn't think of exhaust. All sorts of crazy ideas being bantered back and forth on fb about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
glad the plane didn't crash into the moon. that would have been disastrous!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

w810i
I wasn't sure what it was. Didn't think of exhaust. All sorts of crazy ideas being bantered back and forth on fb about it.

lol facebook I notice attract's dumb people like moth's to lamp's.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That was a bummer! I was really expecting to see an impact and it was just as everyone else pointed out, jet exhaust. Is There any video of a lunar impact (other than the NASA impactor mission)? I would like to see that!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Kukri
That was a bummer! I was really expecting to see an impact and it was just as everyone else pointed out, jet exhaust. Is There any video of a lunar impact (other than the NASA impactor mission)? I would like to see that!

Lots. Amateur astronomers watch for them on the night side of the moon all the time.

The comments on that first video sadly show why most amateurs won't bother with youtube; it's filled with idiots who think anything they don't understand is fake. Mostly we stick to our own forums.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What about these explosions? There are at least four explosions and four "contrails", nearby that object...

Something has hit (zapped!) that object and the "contrails" (
) are nothing more than debris. Those are streaks of impact. Something similar to the Čeljabinsk Meteorite event... but near the Moon...
They protect their dominion...
S&f.

edit on 6-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Phage
A plane flies by and its exhaust trail/contrail drifts across the Moon.
What exactly is so amazing?

The Explosions in Space....

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You mean the flashing lights from the plane?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Arken

Where in you head/eyes, you see a "plane"?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Arken

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Arken

Where in you head/eyes, you see a "plane"?

You cannot be freakin' serious, can you? ... :headdesk's self to death:

But yeah, contrail. It's messing with amateur heads at that magnification, but it's definitely just a trail drifting by the moon and nothing more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join