It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama the War Criminal, the Intentional Expansion of the War On Terror (Dirty Wars Full Film)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's not as if I didn't know this. It's the extent that I didn't know it to, that compels me to do this thread. Well that and I need an outlet for the rage and sorrow that threatens to consume me this morning, I simply don't know what else to do other than write about it and make a plea for all Americans to start doing something. Last night on my last check in on Facebook before going to bed, Films for Action posted that Dirty Wars hadn't won best documentary and offered it online for viewing. Every American needs to watch this documentary. It's only 1.5 hours long.

This film done by Jeremy Scahill, a war correspondent for The Nation begins with Scahill's investigation into a raid in Afghanistan that claimed civilian lives but wasn't listed on NATO's daily list as having civilian casualties. His investigation leads him to learning of a joint military task force known as JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) a component of USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command), and despite description, basically is a special task force of the sitting POTUS. At the beginning of the investigation JSOC was generally unknown to the public, which of course changed when Osama bin Laden had been killed.

Scahill's investigation takes him from Afghanistan to Yemen where he discovers that drone strikes and missile strikes have been being conducted which puts him on the trail of the then still living Anwar al-Awlaki and then takes him to Somalia where he tries to investigate killings going on there but is only allowed to meet with US backed Warlords. In Somalia Scahill learns of al-Awaki and his son's separate assassinations.

The film is the backdrop, the back-story to the headlines over the last four years that piss us off, that scare us, that tell us the War on Terror is an unjust war... that no sooner do we type our outrage, we devolve into partisan arguments.

It is time to clean house. Very soon the midterm elections will take place. We need to get people into Congress that will end this decades long legacy of war and war crimes. Then in 2016 we need a President that will clean up the Pentagon. But to get there we need to start with something that seemingly has nothing to do with any of it, campaign finance reform. We need to get the money out of politics, we need to stop politicians working for their biggest donors instead of We the People.

We will never not be at war if we don't get this done. Never. We will continue to intentionally create enemies to fight, to give us new footholds wherever Big Money (Democrat and Republican donors alike) wants them.

The American people can get this done, if we all rallied behind one simple thing, leave the partisanship and the hatred (I'm just as guilty) aside for a little while and focus on just this. We can change the entire world with just this one little thing. A tax payer funded election fund (Federal, State, Local) that candidates running for any elected office can draw from only that and must be divided up equally among all persons running. TV time must include equal coverage and inclusion of all persons running. No more campaign ads nor attack ads.

If we do not take our country back from Big Money, the tragedy and horror we see in this film will never stop and how long until it's night raids on American Soil for dissenters here at home? How can we live with ourselves if we do nothing? I can't any longer.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Why do they always focus on the US alone? There are plenty of injustices in China and in Russia, too.

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Maybe when we clean up our own mess we can ask why China and Russia do these things as well. Maybe you could ask a Russian or Chinese journalist why they don't expose corruption in their countries. Maybe when you go into war zones to get the truth, you can look for Chinese and Russian fingerprints.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The World is now runned by globalized corporations. The fault is not as much on a specific nation... it's on these corps who will stop at nothing to gain more power.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We, the people, need to take over television networks.

We need the mass deluded individuals who keep voting for these people to see what they are doing. In other words, we have to speak to them at their level...which is through network programming. The television is regarded as the highest form of influence among viewers in history. It has become the channel through which all people make their terrible decisions. No one wants to put forth the effort to research pundits or new runners because it takes time, and effort. Let's face facts here, people are becoming lazy and complain when they have to read more than two sentences in a row.

We need to remove the money from DC! Certainly but that is much easier said than done. First, we need to get on television with our message and display it proud and loud. But, without funding or support from major networks, all we can get it public broadcasts. How many people pay attention to those channels? Not enough. We need more people to unite and see the problem, not fight over which of their favorite persons won the next gold idol award, sports game or money contest.

The greatest rulers in the world knew their servants would be happier if they were distracted through forms of entertainment. Even the loved/hated Ceaser Augustus new that his empire would flourish if the people had entertainment. Why? Because they wouldn't pay attention to the government and it's massive spending on wars and rampages.

But the massive spending is what did that empire in, and they forced more taxes on the people, hastening their demise. Funny how the past repeats itself in remarkable ways. Just think about it. The people can shut this monstrosity down if they want to.

But no one really truly wants to. They want their easy lives, the no-sweat-I'll-just-buy-a-new-one attitude. Or the simple conveniences of going to the market to buy everything, never having to work for their food or clothing.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Spoken like a true marxist.

The CPUSA is a party, in the USA, looking for people like you. Of course, there's the fact that it was funded by Russia.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I will agree that we have lost the moral high ground, we have ceded any pretense of values, morals and ethics on the world stage.

We are now just like any other country on the planet. No better than some, probably worse than others.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Please watch the film as soon as you can. The thread isn't just about taking our country back, it's also about why we need to. The film demonstrates exactly why. It will make you miserable, uncomfortable, outraged, depressed, sad... I haven't slept all night, I couldn't every time I closed my eyes I would think about something I learned in the film and would cry or have to get up and walk around to ease my rage.

These things are done in our name, for our security. I can't live with that. How can any of us?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Please stick to the topic, I despise using the report button.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Are you kidding bro?

Marxism is absolutely no where near the center of where my ideals are derived from. Just because I call it the way I see it and see the ignorant, laziness that abounds, doesn't mean that I side with anything you could possibly imagine. I see the division runs deeply through you as well. Thanks for that.

But not everyone is lazy. More and more people are turning off the television and researching things themselves. Thankfully people are becoming more aware and that's what we need. We don't need more people spouting off about labels and affiliations as if that will solve the problem.

Swanne, the people need to unite under the right causes. Not whatever source of money is thrown at them. They need to know how to fend for themselves and stop relying on a government that only cares about waging new wars. All I see are people who are scared to stand up and take a stand for something that will define the course this once great nation. The tide is swinging though...maybe there is still hope.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

They need to know how to fend for themselves and stop relying on a government that only cares about waging new wars.

Exactly and they need to see with their own eyes what is being done in their name. For instance, I hadn't known that al-Awlaki had been detained by the US for a year and a half without charges. Previous to his detention he had been a moderate Imam, after he became a Jihadist. That leads one to reasonably think it was US that made him so radical, but why? We needed a new enemy and by taking him and his son out, we created a whole slew of new people ready to embrace al-qaeda, whom they'd (Yemeni's) been previously keeping out of Yemen, or trying to. Now al-qaeda has a foothold in Yemen, and so do we.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The war on terror is a warmongers wet dream. The military industrial complex couldn't have come up with a better way to make money a never ending war with no real enemy.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is that right ?

Wars about no real 'enemy' ?

Like the longest War in American history the 'War on Drugs' ?

Like for over the past 40 years radical Islamofascists have killed, and murdered thousands of people in the name of 'Allah'.

As much as I can't stand Obama. People need to open up a history book, and not revisionist history ones either.

From Clintons epic cruise missile attacks during his two terms.

To his predecessor coming running to the AID of the Muslim world as we saw with Gulf War 1.

To his son GW and Iraq, and Afghanistan.

To the current guy sitting in the oval office.

What we have learned from the past 40 years is:

Police actions don't work ( The Clinton years)
Wars don't work ( The First Bush years )
Wars still don't work ( Second Bush years)
Wars STILL don't work ( Obama years ).

Can't really pin the last decade out of the past 4 on one guy.

East and West have always been at war.

Some people REFUSE to see this fact.

Others go along for the party. There is no denying it.

At the end of the day ?

This country is no worse than it has been at any other time in US history.

The thing is most people have a overly romanticized view of what the US does.

They sure do like to condemn the US, but out of WORLD HISTORY ?

We are no better, or worse than anyone else.
edit on 3-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Russian and Chinese journalists don't expose the crimes in those countries because they are dictatorships and journalists get "disappeared" or murdered if they are inconvenient.

The idiots complaining about Obama's "dictatorship" and "tyranny" on here would be crying in their mother's arms if they had to live under a real one!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Did you even watch the film? Is it really okay with you that we intentionally create new enemies so that we can continue the war? Even if you have to look at it from a POV that only cares about America... some faction of our military under direct orders from POTUS engage in night raids or drone/missile strikes on innocent people, creating whole new legions ready to join al-qaeda or wage jihad, that our men and women have to then go fight and maybe die for, come home scarred mentally after. This is okay with you? You're defending Obama here?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Is it really okay with you that we intentionally create new enemies so that we can continue the war?

'We intentionally create enemies eh?

I guess so if you go back to the beginning of this country.

The British,Mexicans,Spanish.Germans,Japanese,French,Koreans,Chinese,Vietnamese,Russia,Cubans 'communists', and today 'terrorists' of the Islamofascist kind.

There is a 'legitimate' rationale behind that believe it or not.

Lots of people disagree with it. There is nothing saying people have to, but that is why we elect presidents to make scapegoats to make the decisions we don't want to.

Even if you have to look at it from a POV that only cares about America... some faction of our military under direct orders from POTUS engage in night raids or drone/missile strikes on innocent people, creating whole new legions ready to join al-qaeda or wage jihad, that our men and women have to then go fight and maybe die for, come home scarred mentally after.

Sorry Kali that doesn't fly.

Between the Dresden bombings in Europe during World War 2. To Trumans dropping nukes on Hiroshima, and Nagaski.

To the Chosin Reservoir of North Korea to Vietnam.

Sorry drones are not creating 'terrorists' because if that was true people would finally have to admit the era of Clinton's death from above from cruise missiles created 'terrorists'.

You're defending Obama here?

Hell no I am not defending Obama.

There have been epic foreign policy blunders that have been made in the last 40 years.

And the thing that is creating 'terrorists' is a bunch of right wing religious fanatics clinging to their guns, and religion in the ME.

The Middle East has been screwed up beyond recognition for centuries, and that is mainly due to Saudi Arabia, and Iran (Sunni/Shia) can't get along syndrome.

That has for over 40 years tried to drag the WEST in to that crap sandwich.

The US could pull out of the entire middle east, and Europe, and south Asia.

And NOT a GD thing would change.
edit on 3-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

join